May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
BobDo said:
ECAS updated also We sent you a letter on February 25, 2012.

Also received letter today from CIC

"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The canada immigration centre in your location will contact you concerning your permanent resident status. The Right of Permanent Residence fee of $490.00 is required before you can become a permanent resident in Canada. Please be prepared to submit the total fee of $490.00 to the immigration Centre in your location when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence document."

Might have a little party now :)

Got SIN today & OHIP (Coverage will start in May)
Im bringing the beer!!!! congratulations these are awesome news... please bring May!!!

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
:eek: I never expected it so soon!!!!!!

Got the letter from Etobicoke.... is very clear, but I read it 200 times... :eek:

"I am pleased to advise you that the processing for permanent residence will be finalized at an inteview that has been schedule for:

DATE: 14/03/2012 TIME: 08:00 AM LOCATION: 5343 Dundas St W, Etobicoke

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide with satisfactory original identity documents.

You must attend the interview with the following:

* Your own interpreter, if required
*Your sponsor
*2 photos

(we paid the fee when we sent the application)

Letter is dated 29February and sent directly from Etobicoke office....

26Feb - Sponsor approved
AIP
29Feb - Letter sent from local office
05Mar - Letter received
14Mar - L A N D I N G !!!!!

Good luck to everybody!!!! It's coming to your door (the envelope from Etobicoke is the same color as the other, but regular size)

I'll stick around to support all of you!!!! Nobody (apart from my husband) understands as you do how stressful this process is. We really bond here... And of course The 14, as soon as I get home... you will be the first ones to hear how the interview went!!!!

Now.... Partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! :p 8) ;D

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
canadiancitizen said:
Im bringing the beer!!!! congratulations these are awesome news... please bring May!!!

May is closer than you can imagine!!!! Hang on there!!!!

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
BTW:

Medicals were expired 4 month ago.
Police record (from home country), expired before they received the application
We attached in our application fingerprints from Canada.
We paid the fee for PR all together with the application.
There's no dependents involved.

waitingitout

Jan 24, 2012
Medicals were expired 4 month ago.
Police record (from home country), expired before they received the application
We attached in our application fingerprints from Canada.
We paid the fee for PR all together with the application.
There's no dependents involved.
Thank you, Gemauru! That's really helpful info :D I hope they do the same with me...! As my medicals and police files will all be expired by the time they get to me.

greyghost

Sep 22, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2011
I have been patiently waiting and reading the boards. My wife and I are on pins and needles now hoping that AIP/OWP will be in the mail any day now! Fingers crossed!! Come on CIC!!

Canada1984

Feb 10, 2012
I have FANTASTIC news.

My ecas updated yesterday to say that my application was transferred to my local office on March 3rd, this was not a good thing. But than today, I spoke with my MP and was informed that she will try to expedite the process for me now that it is in our local office. An MP will not normally do this but since my wife has a removal date of March 13th at 240PM she was very interested in helping us. At 6pm tonight we received a phone call from the CBSA enforcement officer informing us that our deferral request has been accepted and her deportation has been canceled. I am so thrilled to hear this since the possibility of a deferral is not very likely. I called Air Canada and received a refund for her ticket minus the $200 cancellation charge and she is allowed to stay until the decision is made on the sponsorship application.

Now I can catch up on all the sleep I lost since Feb 6th when we were informed of her removal order.

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
Canada1984 said:
I have FANTASTIC news.

My ecas updated yesterday to say that my application was transferred to my local office on March 3rd, this was not a good thing. But than today, I spoke with my MP and was informed that she will try to expedite the process for me now that it is in our local office. An MP will not normally do this but since my wife has a removal date of March 13th at 240PM she was very interested in helping us. At 6pm tonight we received a phone call from the CBSA enforcement officer informing us that our deferral request has been accepted and her deportation has been canceled. I am so thrilled to hear this since the possibility of a deferral is not very likely. I called Air Canada and received a refund for her ticket minus the $200 cancellation charge and she is allowed to stay until the decision is made on the sponsorship application.

Now I can catch up on all the sleep I lost since Feb 6th when we were informed of her removal order.
So happy to see this!!!!! Believe it or not... once your case is over, you don't feel really over until your "whole team" cross the end!!!!
Now, relax... let the time and the process go by... for sure this is a sign, in a near future all this will be only a nice story to tell to your grand kids!!!!!
Big hug....

ontario6791

Feb 22, 2012
Hello Canada1984, could you explain me how can we apply for a deferral order, because I got PRRA last month, and my file was transferred to local office almost the same time one month ago, I spoke with a lady and she told me it was transferred because of PRRA, I would like to know about this deferral order and when I have to apply?

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
angtao said:
No news here yet. Ecas still says in process.

I called cic last Wednesday. Do you guys think I should call again today?

Gemauru, we only have 2 days difference and you are pretty much done. There must have been a lot of applications sent that week.

Missha, where r u? I hope your feeling better.
Hello Angtao how are you going? we both are in the same boat, I have this feeling that tomorrow we are gonna get this beautiful update we are waiting for. Hopefully we will see good news tomorrow :D

Gemauru congratulations, it was so fast, I imagine how you must be feeling now! Welcome to Canada... finally after all this long waiting you are done, i'm happy for you.

Misha I hope you feel better now.

Canada1984

Feb 10, 2012
ontario6791 said:
Hello Canada1984, could you explain me how can we apply for a deferral order, because I got PRRA last month, and my file was transferred to local office almost the same time one month ago, I spoke with a lady and she told me it was transferred because of PRRA, I would like to know about this deferral order and when I have to apply?
Unfortunately, you cannot apply for a deferral until you have purchased your ticket to return home. Until that ticket is purchased, there is nothing to defer which really sucks. They make you buy a non-refundable ticket (thats why I lost $200 when refunding) before you can ask for a deferral. If you don't buy your own ticket, they will buy one for you and will deport you much faster. We bought my wife's ticket so she had 5 weeks since the call-in to receive the negative prra and h&c. If we had them purchase the ticket they were going to deport her in 2 weeks instead of 5 and if you lose the deferral and want to come back after applying outside Canada you would need to pay $1500 back to Canada for the ticket regardless of the cost. When was your PRRA and when did you send your application for sponsor and when did it get transferred to your local officer? If it is already in your office and you havn't received your prra answer yet, you will probably be fine because it takes a few weeks after the letter for you to get your PRRA decision and if you buy your own ticket you can get another 4-5 weeks which will give a lot of time for your local office to call you in for an interview. Being a failed refugee they are already suspicious before opening the file so from what I have heard most refugees are called in for an interview. I would strongly suggest that you have a lawyer draft your deferral request if you end up in the same boat as me.

Good Luck to you,

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
Canada1984 said:
Thanks a lot.

Did you mean to put 2-26-2012 as your AIP?
If this is for me.... YES... AIP 26/Feb 2012

Canada1984

Feb 10, 2012
I think people from early April will get an update on ECAS tomorrow. Mine was from April 8th and was transferred to the local office so they are working on April for sure, they just didn't feel that my case was solid enough to approve without sending to Local Office.

ontario6791

Feb 22, 2012
Thanks for your reply Canada1984, I submitted my sponsorship application on February 18 last year, CBSA sent me PRRA information couple of days ago my last day to submitted was February 27, but I am worried because people says when your file is transferred take long time to know about it, I know when you submitted PRRA maximum you have 6 months It is hard situation I dont want to live my wife, I really need your advice!!