WAIVED
Passport Req..
COPR received on 7th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28-06-2013
DanPGermany said:
Did you submit to IEC or CIC on February 6th?

I got the same kind of response when I emailed CIC Germany....
I emailed IEC Ireland over a week ago and that's the response I got. I've emailed them again, to clarify that THEY are the people who claimed to be able to process these applications in 10 weeks and seeing as mine has not been processed, I would like to get an ETA on when I can expect an answer to my application.

Do you know if there are other Germans living in Canada in the same situation?

DanPGermany

Mar 20, 2013
IrishinCanada said:
I emailed IEC Ireland over a week ago and that's the response I got. I've emailed them again, to clarify that THEY are the people who claimed to be able to process these applications in 10 weeks and seeing as mine has not been processed, I would like to get an ETA on when I can expect an answer to my application.

Do you know if there are other Germans living in Canada in the same situation?
I know there was another person on this forum who was from Germany as well. He got his LOI already though. So I don't know of any other ones... I wish I would though to see if this is the norm or a special circumstance.

IrishinCanada

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2012
AOR Received.
21-08-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS Completed
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-05-2013 (Uploaded 21-05-2013)
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28-06-2013
DanPGermany said:
I know there was another person on this forum who was from Germany as well. He got his LOI already though. So I don't know of any other ones... I wish I would though to see if this is the norm or a special circumstance.
I know. Are you residing in Canada at the moment? I can't remember if you said you were or not...

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
IrishinCanada said:
I know. Are you residing in Canada at the moment? I can't remember if you said you were or not...
You can contact iec if you want but they won't be able to help you. You need to contact cic. If you applied in ireland then your application is being dealt with in london and you need to email cic london. Iec can't help or tell you why it is taking so long. Send an email to question@cic.gov.ca and a case specific email to the london visa office. Contact details are found on the cic website.

PurplePanther

Mar 28, 2013
I am now waiting 7 weeks since I sent my application to CIC. I submitted it on Feb 18th.
I am residing in Canada and currently on a Visitors Record. I finally lost patience and called the CIC hotline.
They say they are 'currently processing applications received at the beginning of February, so I should receive my permit in 2 to 3 weeks more.. pff..

DanPGermany

Mar 20, 2013
PurplePanther said:
I am now waiting 7 weeks since I sent my application to CIC. I submitted it on Feb 18th.
I am residing in Canada and currently on a Visitors Record. I finally lost patience and called the CIC hotline.
They say they are 'currently processing applications received at the beginning of February, so I should receive my permit in 2 to 3 weeks more.. pff..
OMG!!! Another 2-3 weeks?!?!?!!! I sure hope not.... This is taking sooo long.

maarcs

Apr 3, 2013
Can someone please help me with form IMM5707.

After I open and fill everything, adobe PDF reader just isn't allowing me to save it, so how can I upload it?

alt10

Jan 21, 2013
Athens
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maarcs said:
Can someone please help me with form IMM5707.

After I open and fill everything, adobe PDF reader just isn't allowing me to save it, so how can I upload it?
Just try to print it this way , you are not able to save it because is the one you have to print it and sign it. You can use third party programs that let you write on it and save it.

Mittie

Apr 8, 2013
Hi, here is my little waiting story:

IEC Submitted: Feb 23rd (filed from the US)
IEC Proof of Payment received: Feb 28th
IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter received: March 11th
CIC Application Submitted: March 22nd (filed from Canada)
CIC Submission Confirmation: March 25th
CIC LOI received: .....

I'm a German citizen. Lived in the US for 1.5 years and started my application process in the USA.
As my US visa was about to expire, I left the country and moved to Canada. I'm here at the moment on a tourist visa.
And as so many of you. I'm waiting, waiting, waiting.... :(
But if I go from your experiences, I will probably not hear anything back for the next 3 weeks.

Oh and I originally submitted my German police record, but just in case also applied for my FBI cert. I needed to get my fingerprints taken and sent it all out to WV on March 19th, but haven't received anything yet.

OC

Feb 11, 2013
FINALLY RECEIVED LOI!

Here my timeline.

Sent stage one to IEC - January 29
Received Conditional acceptance letter - February 11
Sent stage two using My CIC - February 15
Received submission confirmation - February 15
Received IMM 5665 in My CIC account - April 8

So it took longer than the advised 8 weeks total processing time and contacting CIC at any time was pointless and unhelpful.

I've also noticed my IMM 5665 does not say 'letter of introduction' anywhere on it. Nor does it specify that it's for an working holiday - open work permit or that a maximum duration for the permit to be valid. I'm assuming it would be best to take supporting information (WHP/IEC page examples stating that the permit can be valid for up to 24 months and that it's open) to make sure theres no confusion on the border officers side.

So relieved that I don't have to leave Canada yet and I will finally be able to work!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
OC said:
FINALLY RECEIVED LOI!

Here my timeline.

So it took longer than the advised 8 weeks total processing time and contacting CIC at any time was pointless and unhelpful.

I've also noticed my IMM 5665 does not say 'letter of introduction' anywhere on it. Nor does it specify that it's for an working holiday - open work permit or that a maximum duration for the permit to be valid. I'm assuming it would be best to take supporting information (WHP/IEC page examples stating that the permit can be valid for up to 24 months and that it's open) to make sure theres no confusion on the border officers side.

So relieved that I don't have to leave Canada yet and I will finally be able to work!
You only need that LOI to get your WP issued at the POE. No supporting documentation needed to get your WP for up to 24 months.
Just make sure your passport is valid for the duration of your stay in Canada, as CIC will only issue WP up until the expiry date of your
passport.

IrishinCanada

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2012
AOR Received.
21-08-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS Completed
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-05-2013 (Uploaded 21-05-2013)
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28-06-2013
OC said:
FINALLY RECEIVED LOI!

Here my timeline.

Congrats! What country are you from by the way?

OC

Feb 11, 2013
I'm from Australia, but have been in Canada on a visitor visa since October 1st (6 month visa, expired on March 31).

OC

Feb 11, 2013
The IMM 5665 / LOI I have received has fillable fields, and whenever I email the attachment the fields come up blank. I can edit my name, permit validity date etc... Is this some sort of error? Did anyone else have this issue? Need to be able to print it and I have no idea how!