+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC processing times 2013

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
OC said:
The IMM 5665 / LOI I have received has fillable fields, and whenever I email the attachment the fields come up blank. I can edit my name, permit validity date etc... Is this some sort of error? Did anyone else have this issue? Need to be able to print it and I have no idea how!
When you get your LOI, download the PDF and open it in whatever PDF reader you use, then print it.
Do NOT modify any of the fields.
I was able to modify the document on my phone too, didn't work on my computer. I don't know why that happens.
Just print it off and you're all done.

IrishinCanada

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2012
AOR Received.
21-08-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS Completed
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-05-2013 (Uploaded 21-05-2013)
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
COPR received on 7th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28-06-2013
So one person on the BUNAC UK Work Canada Facebook page has discovered by crossing the border, that his IEC work permit was approved however he received no email or communications. Only when he arrived at the border did he discover this. See below

“Yes I did get my visa, it was processed on the 9th but still no email in my CIC acc.
The immigration officer wasn't happy with the fact that I had travelled before I had my LOI. And was saying that if my visa wasn't on the system I would be put back on a plane to the UK! Especially since this is my second year visa I don't think he would have let me in as a visitor as my main reason was to work. So if anyone try's it just be warned you could be turned round! When he did finally process it all I showed him was a print out of my online banking page, as also I only had a few months insurance because I assumed I was going in as a visitor but said I will be getting a full year insurance so he issued me the full one year visa so luckily I'm now in my house in Alberta hopefully with not to much jet lag now that I have been up for 24hours. Hope this helps!“

Mittie

Apr 8, 2013
DanPGermany said:
So CIC requested FBI PCC. How long will it take to get the LOI after I submit the clearance certificate?

Thanks!
That would interest me too!

Hah, CIC requested my FBI PCC as well.
I'm nearly waiting 1 month for it already. :(

Julia123

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
I got back an answer from CIC:

Your application as requested is refused.
Due to the Frequency of participation regulation for this program for citizens of Germany your
application has been refused.

what does it mean???????????????

I can not get this work permit?
WHY???

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Julia123 said:
I got back an answer from CIC:

Your application as requested is refused.
Due to the Frequency of participation regulation for this program for citizens of Germany your
application has been refused.

what does it mean???????????????

I can not get this work permit?
WHY???

As a German citizen you're able to participate twice in the IEC program. To me it sounds like you applied for the third
time, that's why your applications got refused. Or you applied under the same category again? You can't apply for a working
holiday visa twice.

Julia123

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
so I can only apply twice doesn't matter for which program?
I did twice the work travel ..used it ones. And than now I applied for YoungP.!

that is not good ... why I got than a confirmation for the first step?

thanks!!!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Yes, you can participate twice, BUT each time under a different category.
The first step is like a pre-assessment, they only check if you meet the minimum requirements, followed by that
comes CICs immigration assessment.

IrishinCanada

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2012
AOR Received.
21-08-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS Completed
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28-06-2013
Has anyone who applied from within Canada received any update on this? I crossed the border last week and all the officer could tell me is that they could see my application was with CIC Ottawa.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
IrishinCanada said:
Has anyone who applied from within Canada received any update on this? I crossed the border last week and all the officer could tell me is that they could see my application was with CIC Ottawa.
I applied from within Canada and already got my LOI. Took about 30 days from the day I submitted my CIC application.
All IEC applications I'm aware of were being processed in NY.

IrishinCanada

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2012
AOR Received.
21-08-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS Completed
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28-06-2013
iam_toby said:
I applied from within Canada and already got my LOI. Took about 30 days from the day I submitted my CIC application.
All IEC applications I'm aware of were being processed in NY.
According to the Immigration Office I spoke to at the border last week, the file were initially with NYC and then subsequently transferred to Ottawa. This came right from their mouth as they were looking at my profile on their computer. Sometimes I think the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing....

DanPGermany

Mar 20, 2013
Mittie said:
That would interest me too!

Hah, CIC requested my FBI PCC as well.
I'm nearly waiting 1 month for it already. :(
Have you been waiting 1 month for FBI PCC or to hear from CIC since submitting FBI PCC?

cheema_nz

Jan 15, 2010
It seems I am in the same boat as many others...
I am a New Zealand citizen, currently in Canada.
I applied for IEC on 1st Feb, 2013 , got my conditional letter from New Zealand on 4th Feb, 2013.
Then applied online through 'MY CIC' on 6th Feb, 2013.
I didn't hear back from them for one month, then I decided to email New Zealand Canadian High commission. They advised me my file is with Sydney office and I should contact them.
I emailed them and they got back to me around March 20th stating I needed a PCC from India as now they require a PCC from every country you have stayed in for more then 6 months.(When I applied I already sent them a Canadian and New Zealand PCC to make things easier). Now the interesting thing is the letter I received on 20th March asking for my PCC is dated 10th Feb, 2013.
I don't know if there is a glitch in the system or the date is incorrect on the letter but anyways I have sent them the PCC last week.
They never got back to even confirming they have received my PCC...So I am still waiting patiently.....
Some people on here are saying their IEC application went to NY, mine for surely went to Sydney...
I will keep you guys updated .....

Cinders85

Apr 18, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I've been searching on the internet as a last resort and I'm really hoping someone is able to help me!! My current WH Visa is about to expire and I'm still waiting for a decision on my application for 2013.

My timeline is as follows:

14th Feb - Submitted with IEC
18th Feb - Proof of payment received
22nd Feb - Conditional Acceptance
4th Mar - Submission Confirmation from CIC

Then nothing.

I've tried calling CIC, they say they don't deal with it.. I've tried e-mailing everywhere I could think of but have had no replies.

I'm from the UK but currently living in Canada as I am currently participating on the first year of my WHP.

Can anyone offer any advice/opinion??

Thanks in advance :)

PurplePanther

Mar 28, 2013
Hi,

There was an email address given somewhere, I can't find it now.
I am waiting 2 months since I applied to CiC.
I called them today and was told they would send me an email address for the immigration office who has my application form. I'm assuming its the New York office.
I'm in Canada. (Irish citizen).
The guy I spoke with never sent me the email.

Would it be - NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca ?

Although I know it takes a minimum of 10 days to get a response.
This is really frustrating.