+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC processing times 2013

Mittie

Apr 8, 2013
DanPGermany said:
Have you been waiting 1 month for FBI PCC or to hear from CIC since submitting FBI PCC?
I sent out my FBI PCC request a month ago (19th of march) but haven't heard anything back.
How about you? When did you send yours?

IrishinCanada

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2012
AOR Received.
21-08-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS Completed
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-05-2013 (Uploaded 21-05-2013)
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
COPR received on 7th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received on 7th June 2013
LANDED..........
28-06-2013
I got my LOI on Friday and activated my 2 years on Sunday. All is good. Good luck to those of you waiting....

Mittie

Apr 8, 2013
Hi, I have another question and maybe someone can help me with it.
I applied for my W&T on the 23rd of Feb and got my letter of acceptance on the 11th of Mar.
I'm still in the process of getting my CIC sorted out. But now I read on the canadainternational.gc.ca website that there are no remaining places (for Germany).

Quota: 4,200
Working Holiday places remaining: 0
Updated: 28/02/2013

Does that mean, even if I get my okay from CIC, I'll don't get a visa, because they already issued 4200? Could all my waiting be for nothing?

cheema_nz

Jan 15, 2010
Mittie said:
I applied for my W&T on the 23rd of Feb and got my letter of acceptance on the 11th of Mar.
I'm still in the process of getting my CIC sorted out. But now I read on the canadainternational.gc.ca website that there are no remaining places (for Germany).

Does that mean, even if I get my okay from CIC, I'll don't get a visa, because they already issued 4200? Could all my waiting be for nothing?

I think they count the places based on the issuance of 'acceptance letters' issued and not visas issued. But I might be wrong too.

jaywilco

Apr 3, 2013
So, I posted previously with this timeline for The Young Professionals Program:

IEC Submitted: Feb 23rd
IEC Proof of Payment received: March 4th
IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter received: March 7th
CIC Application Submitted: March 7th
CIC Submission Confirmation: March 7th
CIC LOI received:

Yesterday, we found out my boyfriend's application was REFUSED. Why? This is what they said:

"You are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply for this type of document from within Canada. An application of this type must be made at a Canadian Visa office in another country."

What the hell. It was an online application!!!

Has anyone else applied from within Canada?! Ugh, we're just so upset and frustrated. we followed the instructions from IEC to complete the 'Come to Canada' wizard to get the documents, but of course, we didn't lie, and we ARE currently in Canada... so the form we received was IMM5710E.

If this wasn't right, what are we suppose to answer on that damn wizard to get the right paperwork?

Any why did they make us wait 6 weeks just to tell us we completed the wrong paperwork? Do we loose our spot now, or can we reapply??

We're going to attempt to call the number on our refusal letter, but I have low hopes for their helpfulness.

Seriously, this new process is awful. There needs to be clearer instructions, maybe a location on CIC for specifically WHP and YPP with the CORRECT forms. I can't find info about the right forms required ANYWHERE.

If anyone could help or shed some light I would be beyond thankful.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Mittie said:

Dude, you got your LOI. Submit your CIC application as soon as possible as CIC processes applications in order received. So you might
be lucky to get your WP granted.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
jaywilco said:
So, I posted previously with this timeline for The Young Professionals Program:

IEC Submitted: Feb 23rd
IEC Proof of Payment received: March 4th
IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter received: March 7th
CIC Application Submitted: March 7th
CIC Submission Confirmation: March 7th
CIC LOI received:

Yesterday, we found out my boyfriend's application was REFUSED. Why? This is what they said:

"You are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply for this type of document from within Canada. An application of this type must be made at a Canadian Visa office in another country."

What the hell. It was an online application!!!

Has anyone else applied from within Canada?! Ugh, we're just so upset and frustrated. we followed the instructions from IEC to complete the 'Come to Canada' wizard to get the documents, but of course, we didn't lie, and we ARE currently in Canada... so the form we received was IMM5710E.

If this wasn't right, what are we suppose to answer on that damn wizard to get the right paperwork?

Any why did they make us wait 6 weeks just to tell us we completed the wrong paperwork? Do we loose our spot now, or can we reapply??

We're going to attempt to call the number on our refusal letter, but I have low hopes for their helpfulness.

Seriously, this new process is awful. There needs to be clearer instructions, maybe a location on CIC for specifically WHP and YPP with the CORRECT forms. I can't find info about the right forms required ANYWHERE.

If anyone could help or shed some light I would be beyond thankful.
I applied under Young Prof category from within Canada and I already got my WP issued. All good, and no problems
on my side.
The answers from that Coming to Canada wizard have no effect on your applications, it's only to determine whether you
are eligible for a visa or not.

PurplePanther

Mar 28, 2013
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help..
I had been waiting 10 wks for news on my work permit.
I sent my application on Feb 18th to CIC
I called the hotline numerous times.
Again today and they tell me that my application was approved on Monday, 2 days ago.
However there is no update or LOI in my CIC account.
Anyone had this issue or have any suggestions on what to do next?
The lady gave me the email address to write to for tech problems but they also take 10 days to respond. I don't have 10 days to wait...

cheema_nz

Jan 15, 2010
Which no. did you call that told you your WP has been approved???
Are you in Canada right now?? And you know where your file was processed??

jaywilco

Apr 3, 2013
The Come to Canada Wizard is what determines the paperwork you fill out.

My boyfriend answered honestly and said that he is currently residing in Canada, which he is since he is on the WHP (we answered to the best of our ability because there were no specific instructions online - this being the first year and all), and so we got the forms to apply from within Canada.

IEC got back to us right away when we emailed them, and when we called CIC they said the same thing: it's a known problem, it was a miscommunication, basically you have to put the country you currently reside in as the country you are actually FROM since the wizard won't provide you with the right forms otherwise. This was why we were refused. (In 6 weeks no one could have warned us about filling out the right paperwork?)

So IEC told us to reapply with CIC, this time we put that he is residing in the Netherlands in the Come to Canada Wizard, and the we got to the IEC/Young Professionals section in the wizard and it generated the right paperwork.

So now we have to wait for his Dutch police check to come back (even though he hasn't been there since the last time he got one for WHP, but it's been over a year so we can't reuse it) another 6 weeks or more of waiting once we re-submit our application. What a nightmare.

jaywilco

Apr 3, 2013
jaywilco said:
The Come to Canada Wizard is what determines the paperwork you fill out.

My boyfriend answered honestly and said that he is currently residing in Canada, which he is since he is on the WHP (we answered to the best of our ability because there were no specific instructions online - this being the first year and all), and so we got the forms to apply from within Canada.

IEC got back to us right away when we emailed them, and when we called CIC they said the same thing: it's a known problem, it was a miscommunication, basically you have to put the country you currently reside in as the country you are actually FROM since the wizard won't provide you with the right forms otherwise. This was why we were refused. (In 6 weeks no one could have warned us about filling out the right paperwork?)

So IEC told us to reapply with CIC, this time we put that he is residing in the Netherlands in the Come to Canada Wizard, and the we got to the IEC/Young Professionals section in the wizard and it generated the right paperwork.

So now we have to wait for his Dutch police check to come back (even though he hasn't been there since the last time he got one for WHP, but it's been over a year so we can't reuse it) another 6 weeks or more of waiting once we re-submit our application. What a nightmare.
To follow up with that, the response we got from CIC says:

" The situation you have described is the result of a technical problem with the Come to Canada online tool. We are currently looking into it and will resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Until the situation is resolved, you should enter your country of nationality for the following question:

What is your current country of residence?

However, when filling out the IMM form, you should respond accurately. "

So if there is anyone else out there that this has happened to, I recommend getting your police check and other documents in check in order to reapply.

cronky

Apr 25, 2013
Anyone still waiting for their LOI from CIC??

In the final stages of going through the IEC visa process I submitted all myCIC online application forms on 3 March (from the UK) and got confirmation they had received my application, but I am still waiting on the LOI itself!!!!!!

Some people have said to keep constantly checking myCIC account as you don't always get an email saying you have a message from them.

Any update or input from anyone else currently going through the same process would be gratefully appreciated?!

Many thanks

andyray85

Mar 11, 2013
hey, yeh I'm still waiting for my LOI

CIC requested that I send them a police check from Australia which I did 2 weeks ago, and I haven't heard back from them, they didn't even send me a confirmation email, but it said that it uploaded successfully when I did it

it's been 3 full months since I first applied through IEC, I was hoping to be in Canada by now