+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got my US visa on Canada RTD

Bangashzee

Jun 12, 2019
Can we apply USA visa on our national passport?after getting PR or we have to apply through RTD?
Also please advise how to get back seized passport from Montreal IRCC? Any email address or mailing address. Thanks

MISTY133

Feb 6, 2024
HI DID YOU SEND THE COPY OF YOUR VISA THAT YOU RECIEVE WHEN THEY SEZIED YOUR PASS PORT
OR DO YOU HAVE THE ORIGINAL?

Today I got notified of US visa " B1/B2" issued on my RTD without interview.
just extending my old US visa on my seized national passport.

note:
- I crossed US Canada borders on 2021 and I wrote the date of leaving USA on my letter to consulate.
- I don't have PR, still in processing.
- sent all documents by mail no interview " waived by the system - you answer couple of questions and based on that "

so i wanted to share the info here for anyone who would like to ask about this subject. goodluck all.

Alopez144

Feb 9, 2024
Can you please let me know how long it took to receive an instruction email after the consulate review for the interview waiver. I submitted my application on Dec 17 and after answering the questions it put me into waiting queue. Thankyou
Hi what did you answer when the system ask you if the visa or previous passport was revoked, lost or stolen? did you answer no? I need to apply for renewal of my VISA (which is still valid) on my RTD but the canadian government seized my old passport with the visa in it and I do want to waive the interview

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can we apply USA visa on our national passport?after getting PR or we have to apply through RTD?
Also please advise how to get back seized passport from Montreal IRCC? Any email address or mailing address. Thanks
You must use the RTD or else you risk losing your status as a protected person in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi what did you answer when the system ask you if the visa or previous passport was revoked, lost or stolen? did you answer no? I need to apply for renewal of my VISA (which is still valid) on my RTD but the canadian government seized my old passport with the visa in it and I do want to waive the interview
You can ask for your passport back but you can’t use your home country passport. You would have to find a way to use the visa without using your home country passport. Would try to have visa reissued. Are you sure the visa has not been cancelled?

MISTY133

Feb 6, 2024
You can ask for your passport back but you can’t use your home country passport. You would have to find a way to use the visa without using your home country passport. Would try to have visa reissued. Are you sure the visa has not been cancelled?

YOU ANSWER NO. BECAUSE IT WAS NOT REVOKED

Reactions: Alopez144

mandeep2hsc

Feb 25, 2024
For US Visa application on RTD - what we can select for Passport/Travel Document type is - Regular or other ?

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Today I got notified of US visa " B1/B2" issued on my RTD without interview.
just extending my old US visa on my seized national passport.

note:
- I crossed US Canada borders on 2021 and I wrote the date of leaving USA on my letter to consulate.
- I don't have PR, still in processing.
- sent all documents by mail no interview " waived by the system - you answer couple of questions and based on that "

so i wanted to share the info here for anyone who would like to ask about this subject. goodluck all.

Hi. I'm in the same situation. I have My RTD and My US visa in My old passport which was seized. I m trying to apply For a renewal But while filling the DS160 it requests For your status here. I mean, here in Canada what is it? Are we permanent residents Even if the PR is in process? Because we are no longer temporary residents. I don't want to give wrong answer. What did You answer?