+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got my US visa on Canada RTD

moealz

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Today I got notified of US visa " B1/B2" issued on my RTD without interview.
just extending my old US visa on my seized national passport.

note:
- I crossed US Canada borders on 2021 and I wrote the date of leaving USA on my letter to consulate.
- I don't have PR, still in processing.
- sent all documents by mail no interview " waived by the system - you answer couple of questions and based on that "

so i wanted to share the info here for anyone who would like to ask about this subject. goodluck all.

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Congrats .. but as I know after you complete your DS application, you should book an appointment for interview and in the interview they will give you the decision right? How you mailed your documents? You should bring your documents with you in the interview day.

Can you please explain to us?

Thanks and congrats again.

moealz

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Congrats .. but as I know after you complete your DS application, you should book an appointment for interview and in the interview they will give you the decision right? How you mailed your documents? You should bring your documents with you in the interview day.

Can you please explain to us?

Thanks and congrats again.
I had old US visa on my seized national passport

so if you had old visa within last 10 years and you apply to the same category of visa, you won’t need an interview. The system will ask you to send documents by mail. If you don’t have old visa then you have to apply to an appointment for an interview.

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
I had old US visa on my seized national passport

so if you had old visa within last 10 years and you apply to the same category of visa, you won’t need an interview. The system will ask you to send documents by mail. If you don’t have old visa then you have to apply to an appointment for an interview.
OK I got you .. Sounds good and thanks for sharing this.

So while you answer the questions in the interview portal you will answer "Yes you have valid visa" then the system will waive the interview and direct you to mail the docs right?

Reactions: moealz

moealz

Star Member
May 9, 2022
OK I got you .. Sounds good and thanks for sharing this.

So while you answer the questions in the interview portal you will answer "Yes you have valid visa" then the system will waive the interview and direct you to mail the docs right?
Yes

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Thanks bro.. please share with us how many years the validity of the visa when you got it.

Good luck

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa

note:
- I crossed US Canada borders on 2021 and I wrote the date of leaving USA on my letter to consulate.
- sent all documents by mail no interview " waived by the system - you answer couple of questions and based on that "

so i wanted to share the info here for anyone who would like to ask about this subject. goodluck all.
Please my visa expired in 2019 and I came into Canada in 2017 and I have my pr card with me Please can't I reapply with this information. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

note:

Very strange that your old visa hasn’t been cancelled. Typically when you claim asylum in Canada you US visa gets cancelled.

Reactions: moealz

Mansourito10

Sep 27, 2022
Hi sir can please answer me about
1- your travel decument is 2 years or 5 years
2- about appointment it’s soon or to waiting long
3- can you please give me site for take appointment inside canada
Thank you

moealz

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Hi sir can please answer me about
1- your travel decument is 2 years or 5 years
2- about appointment it’s soon or to waiting long
3- can you please give me site for take appointment inside canada
Thank you
1- 2 years
2- if you have old visa and applying to the same kind of visa, and its not cancelled or revoked, you don't have to make interview just sending documents by mail
3- https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018

note:

Hey thanks for the info, I would like to know how long was the whole process ? Also the address you should mail it, is in Canada? If it’s in which province also which province you from?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i don't know, i didn't get any notice or email about cancelling of my old visa.
You typically don’t get a notice. Anyone who claims asylum in Canada shouldn’t assume that they still have a valid US visitor visa and should verify with the US.