+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got my US visa on Canada RTD

moealz

Star Member
May 9, 2022
You typically don’t get a notice. Anyone who claims asylum in Canada shouldn’t assume that they still have a valid US visitor visa and should verify with the US.
maybe. i have no idea. sent a copy of old visas and they issued the new one.

moealz

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Good. I am happy for you, have a safe trip.
If you do not mind, what are the documents they asked you to send by mail?

Thanks
when you apply to an appointment you will get a checklist.

General Required Documents - For All Visa Types
The following documents are required for all visa types:

1. Current Passport valid for travel to the United States. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country-specific agreements.)
  2. Passport containing the most recently issued U.S. visa (if applicable).
  3. Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page.
  4. Confirmation and Instructions page printed from this website
  5. One 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inches) color photo taken within the last 6 months. Further details regarding Department of State photo guidelines can be found at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html.
  6. Accompanying family members, unless entering the United States for another purpose, should present a marriage certificate (spouse) and/or birth certificate (for unmarried children under 21), as applicable.
  7. Copy of proof of your legal status in Canada

8. (B) VISITOR: BUSINESS, TOURISM, MEDICAL TREATMENT
    • Be ready to present the following documents, if traveling for medical treatment:
      • Medical diagnosis from a local physician, explaining the nature of the ailment and the reason treatment is needed in the United States.
      • Letter from a physician or medical facility in the United States stating the willingness to treat the diagnosed ailment, and detailing the projected length and cost of treatment (including doctors' fees, hospitalization fees, and all medical-related expenses).
      • Proof that the patient's transportation, medical, and living expenses in the United States will be paid. This may be in the form of bank or other statements of income/savings or certified copies of income tax returns (either the patient's or the person or organization paying for the treatment).
    • You may apply for a B-1 visitor visa to work temporarily in the U.S. as a personal or domestic employee in limited situations. You and your employer will be required to prove the employment relationship meets the wages and working conditions of the U.S. For further details on how to apply, visit your local U.S. Embassy’s website and https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html.
  9. When attending an in-person consular interview, additional documents may be requested to establish if you are qualified for the visa. If you qualify for NOT attending an in-person consular interview, submit only the required documents specifically listed on the instruction page.

For example, additional requested documents for an in-person interview may include evidence of:
    • The purpose of your trip
    • Your intent to depart the United States after your trip; and/or
    • Your ability to pay all the costs of your trip.
    • Evidence of your employment and/or family ties may be sufficient to show the purpose of your trip and your intent to return to your home country.
    • If you cannot cover all the costs for your trip, you may show evidence that another person will cover some or all of the costs for your trip.

Bahadur Singh 111

Star Member
Aug 16, 2020
I had old US visa on my seized national passport

so if you had old visa within last 10 years and you apply to the same category of visa, you won’t need an interview. The system will ask you to send documents by mail. If you don’t have old visa then you have to apply to an appointment for an interview.
Hi there . If you don’t mind can you please walk me step by step , it will be very much helpful. So first I should fill up ds-160 where I should mention that I have valid visa and than should I pay the fee and upload the photos? And if I am correct with the steps can you tell me how should I find the location to send my travel documents?

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
Today I got notified of US visa " B1/B2" issued on my RTD without interview.
just extending my old US visa on my seized national passport.

note:
- I crossed US Canada borders on 2021 and I wrote the date of leaving USA on my letter to consulate.
- I don't have PR, still in processing.
- sent all documents by mail no interview " waived by the system - you answer couple of questions and based on that "

so i wanted to share the info here for anyone who would like to ask about this subject. goodluck all.
How long did it take you to get your RTD??
Is it in Toronto?? And if I apply now will I get it if I do urgent??

Reactions: moealz

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there . If you don’t mind can you please walk me step by step , it will be very much helpful. So first I should fill up ds-160 where I should mention that I have valid visa and than should I pay the fee and upload the photos? And if I am correct with the steps can you tell me how should I find the location to send my travel documents?
Would suggest verifying the your visa is still valid. It is very common for US visas to be cancelled after you claim asylum in Canada. If you are still using your Indian passport you need to stop. You have already put your status in Canada at risk by renewing your Indian passport as a protected person. You can lose your status in Canada as a protected person by renewing your home country passport, using your home country passport to travel and travelling to your home country. Most will only find out that they are at risk of losing their status in Canada when they attempt to apply for citizenship.

moealz

Star Member
May 9, 2022
How long did it take you to get your RTD??
Is it in Toronto?? And if I apply now will I get it if I do urgent??
you have to have urgent reason to travel early. I only know two reason for that, Work contracts or family member funeral.. I got my RTD in 15 days

moealz

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Its a Long process and can’t write it down in details here. If you don’t know how to do it you have to get professional assistance for that.

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
15 days. you get the address from https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv . applied from montreal
Hey thank you for the info, I have another question, my passport is seized by immigration but I have a U.S. visa still valid on it, if the system waived the appointment, on the documents I have to send, do I just need to send a copy of the visa? Or I need to have the passport with the visa in hand? Because I would apply with my RTD.

moealz

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Hey thank you for the info, I have another question, my passport is seized by immigration but I have a U.S. visa still valid on it, if the system waived the appointment, on the documents I have to send, do I just need to send a copy of the visa? Or I need to have the passport with the visa in hand? Because I would apply with my RTD.
exactly this is what you have to do. send a copy of your old passport + previous U.S visa + sized document copy of CBSA which you took when you crossed the border to Canada. the officer needs to understand that your passport is not with you and your previous visa is with CBSA. also write a letter explaining what you doing in Canada what you work and when exactly you left United States. for me i only spent 12 days in US so i also wrote when the date i left US to let the officer know that i didnot overstay in US. do your best and wait the result. hope you good luck

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
exactly this is what you have to do. send a copy of your old passport + previous U.S visa + sized document copy of CBSA which you took when you crossed the border to Canada. the officer needs to understand that your passport is not with you and your previous visa is with CBSA. also write a letter explaining what you doing in Canada what you work and when exactly you left United States. for me i only spent 12 days in US so i also wrote when the date i left US to let the officer know that i didnot overstay in US. do your best and wait the result. hope you good luck
Thank you, beside the document that show your status in Canada, RTD, copy of old passport plus copy of old visa. did you send any work letter, ownership of vehicles or show any bank account? Or all that is not necessary?

moealz

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Thank you, beside the document that show your status in Canada, RTD, copy of old passport plus copy of old visa. did you send any work letter, ownership of vehicles or show any bank account? Or all that is not necessary?
yes put whatever you have to strengthen your file