+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got my US visa on Canada RTD

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
yes put whatever you have to strengthen your file
Hey I have a question I applied to renew my USA visa on my RTD applied from Montreal after payment the system said:

the U.S. Department of State has placed your case in the virtual "waiting" queue. Approximate wait time to receive the instructions email is currently: 5 weeks.

is this normal ? Do I have to wait 5 weeks for the email instructions to send all my documents ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey I have a question I applied to renew my USA visa on my RTD applied from Montreal after payment the system said:

the U.S. Department of State has placed your case in the virtual "waiting" queue. Approximate wait time to receive the instructions email is currently: 5 weeks.

is this normal ? Do I have to wait 5 weeks for the email instructions to send all my documents ?
Have you confirmed that your visa is still valid if you claimed asylum?

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023

I have the same enquiry. When did you get the reply back from the consulate? How many weeks it took to review your application for interview waiver. Thankyou

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023
Today I got notified of US visa " B1/B2" issued on my RTD without interview.
just extending my old US visa on my seized national passport.

note:
- I crossed US Canada borders on 2021 and I wrote the date of leaving USA on my letter to consulate.
- I don't have PR, still in processing.
- sent all documents by mail no interview " waived by the system - you answer couple of questions and based on that "

so i wanted to share the info here for anyone who would like to ask about this subject. goodluck all.
Can you please let me know how long it took to receive an instruction email after the consulate review for the interview waiver. I submitted my application on Dec 17 and after answering the questions it put me into waiting queue. Thankyou

Danii120

Nov 10, 2019

note:
- I crossed US Canada borders on 2021 and I wrote the date of leaving USA on my letter to consulate.
- sent all documents by mail no interview " waived by the system - you answer couple of questions and based on that "

so i wanted to share the info here for anyone who would like to ask about this subject. goodluck all.
Congrats! Quick question, prior to canada did you happen to live in the usa for sometime?

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023

note:

[/QUOTE

Hi, I would like to ask how long it took you to receive your documents back from the consulate, I called them and they dont give any update or approximate time. I applied for extension just like yours. Thankyou

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023
Hi, I would like to ask how long it took you to receive your documents back from the consulate, I called them and they dont give any update or approximate time. I applied for extension just like yours. Thankyou

S4m4r

Oct 12, 2023
Hi,
When did you apply? We did 9th December but still no instructions.
I received the email to mail my documents on Jan 10, I applied on Dec 17, I mailed my documents on Jan 12 and were received by US consulate office on Jan 16, does anyone has any idea how long it will take from here? Just an approximate, I called the US embassy and they dont have any time frame. I applied from Toronto. Thankyou