+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much longer do we have to wait until passport is returned?

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband received his passport request in the mail on June 23 and he mailed out his passport to the London visa office on June 24th. It's been 22 days now and he still has not received his passport back!!! What's the hold up now? I was told that this should only take two weeks. As well, on E-CAS, the status of the application still says "in process" when does this change? Will this change before or after my husband receives his passport back in his mail? I'm checking everyday, and everyday there is nothing.

My husband has wrapped up everything and is ready to come, but he can not come until he gets his passport back!

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SadGirl:( said:
My husband received his passport request in the mail on June 23 and he mailed out his passport to the London visa office on June 24th. It's been 22 days now and he still has not received his passport back!!! What's the hold up now? I was told that this should only take two weeks. As well, on E-CAS, the status of the application still says "in process" when does this change? Will this change before or after my husband receives his passport back in his mail? I'm checking everyday, and everyday there is nothing.

My husband has wrapped up everything and is ready to come, but he can not come until he gets his passport back!
Hi sad girl, don't worry, hopefully your husband will reach you very soon. I have not seen any where about a fixed timeline for return of PP from London or even any other office. But there are lot of people who already received PPs back within 6 weeks time. I hope this month itself you and husband could get the good news.

cyanmaple

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-may-2010
AOR Received.
6-july-2010
File Transfer...
16-june-2010
Med's Done....
april 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-july-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-july-2010
my wife had same problem, she did regret that she didnt go in person which is a faster process-if he is in london he could go and see them in bond street

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Well, if he sent it on June 24 (Thursday), they probably received it on the Friday -- which means they started processing on the Monday - then there was the July 1 long weekend (they were closed) + counting in it's the summer and people are on vacation, so technically you've only been waiting just over 2 weeks... :) -- then their mailing time back!

Also, the people that get their passport back within 2 weeks from London are the ones that drop off/pick up passports in person using the drop-box they have!

Stay patient, you've only got a little to go!!!! hopefully by early next week :D

Silver_Spirit

Nov 25, 2008
Peterborough, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
16-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
nncs said:
Also, the people that get their passport back within 2 weeks from London are the ones that drop off/pick up passports in person using the drop-box they have!
Not always true..

Sadgirl london has been super busy recently so you're probably right on track to recieve it any day now hopefully! Did you include a paid for return envelope for them as i hear this speeds it up..
Fingers crossed you get it soon and can get this all over with!

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
One of my friend received his passport recently in exactly three weeks. So yeah it could be with you any time now. I have dropped my passport and photographs yesterday personally at their door. I have been issued a receipt and was told to get my passport back in 2 weeks.

Sad girl did you fill additional family chat before sending your passport out to them. If yes did it have any column like height and eye colour in it ?

Cheers

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silver_Spirit said:
Did you include a paid for return envelope for them as i hear this speeds it up..
Hello Silver_Spirit!
Yes, my husband included a return envelope for them. He followed all the instructions very carefully so that there will not be any problems or delays.

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedd said:
One of my friend received his passport recently in exactly three weeks. So yeah it could be with you any time now. I have dropped my passport and photographs yesterday personally at their door. I have been issued a receipt and was told to get my passport back in 2 weeks.

Sad girl did you fill additional family chat before sending your passport out to them. If yes did it have any column like height and eye colour in it ?

Cheers
Thanks Syedd! I hope you're right and my husband will receive his passport back next week. The IO that I spoke with told me that it should take only two weeks -- I hope he was being honest with me!

As for the chart, yes, my husband filled out an updated information chart -- it was included with the instructions that they mailed out. And yes, it did have a column for height and eye colour. He also had to submit two photos and of course his passport.

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about E-CAS? When do they usually change "in process" to "decision made"? For those of you who have received your passports back what was your experience with E-CAS? Did they updated it before you received your passport back or was it after?

Thanks!

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Usually London changes status from in process to decision made 1 week before requesting a passport by an email according to my and my friend experience. Having said that I have seen some cases where people status changed after they sent their passports off to cic or soon before their receive their visa but those cases were being dealt mostly in asian contries.

Keep your finger crossed. you will get ur visa soon. I know one of my close friend who is in canada for last 5 years and his status is still in process :D :p

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedd said:
Usually London changes status from in process to decision made 1 week before requesting a passport by an email according to my and my friend experience. Having said that I have seen some cases where people status changed after they sent their passports off to cic or soon before their receive their visa but those cases were being dealt mostly in asian contries.

Keep your finger crossed. you will get ur visa soon. I know one of my close friend who is in canada for last 5 years and his status is still in process :D :p
Ah, okay, so what your saying is that E-CAS is unreliable!!! ;) LOL!

Silver_Spirit

Nov 25, 2008
Peterborough, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
16-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
SadGirl:( said:
How about E-CAS? When do they usually change "in process" to "decision made"? For those of you who have received your passports back what was your experience with E-CAS? Did they updated it before you received your passport back or was it after?

Thanks!
I couldn't even log into E-Cas until i got my PPR and right away it said decision made lol It is very very unreliable, i've not seen a change in it since i've got my visa either.

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Also, btw, if the letter mailed to your husband was dated JUNE 15 and he received it on JUNE 23.....that's over 1 week of mailing time! + the 2 weeks for their processing at the visa office. That probably explains why it's taking longer than 2 weeks overall.

kolibri

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-04-2010
Med's Done....
01-12-2009
Interview........
09-06-2010
Passport Req..
17-06-2010 (rec'd 05-07-10)
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010 (rec'd 16-07-10)
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
Our passport was requested on June 17, we received this letter only on July 5. The same date we sent the passport via Fedex, so it was in warsaw on July 7. Visa issued on July 13, and was Fedexed back on 13th. Today we got VISA!!!!! :D

p.s. E-cas still show in process.....................