+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much longer do we have to wait until passport is returned?

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi sadgirl - firstly glad to see that eventually PPR came through. Secondly, eCAS for me stayed "in process" until last week - landed officially 11 May, it then changed to "decision made" followed by "complete" within 3 days. Go figure!

I have seen busy periods in London where it has taken 30 working days so hopefully all will work itself out imminently.

Good luck to Mr Sadgirl when he arrives and perhaps you'll be able to change your screen name.... :)

ella19

Aug 8, 2009
i just got my passport back from London a couple of weeks ago...it took nearly 5 weeks altogether, so the 2 week thing isnt always correct

Punjabi Munda

Jul 6, 2010
SadGirl:( said:
My husband received his passport request in the mail on June 23 and he mailed out his passport to the London visa office on June 24th. It's been 22 days now and he still has not received his passport back!!! What's the hold up now? I was told that this should only take two weeks. As well, on E-CAS, the status of the application still says "in process" when does this change? Will this change before or after my husband receives his passport back in his mail? I'm checking everyday, and everyday there is nothing.

My husband has wrapped up everything and is ready to come, but he can not come until he gets his passport back!
Hi SadGirl, dont worry about your visa. bcoz June & July is the busiest months for CIC New Delhi. I got my visa after exact 1 month. and also it depends on where you live in india bcoz postal department takes around 1 week.
Here is my Timeline:
23 March 2010 - Application Submitted
26 April 2010 - Sponsorship approved
13 May 2010 - Started Process of my file at CIC New Delhi Office
17 May 2010 - PP Request
14 June 2010 - PP sent to CIC New Delhi Office
14 July 2010 - Received my PASSPORT with visa.

So don't worry. Hopefully you will receive your visa this week or next.
Best of luck
Punjabi Munda