+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong Visa office- LICP

lucybear05

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
rioverna said:
hello lucybear05.
i used a consultant for submitting my documents, it was submitted april 23, 2014, seems mgksby kmi ng nanny mo.
but they cant tell when llabas un notice for passport fequest ko.
u said that the embassy answered and gave u an estimated date wch is on Sept 22?
hoping dumting ndn skn by that time.
Sorry Rioverna, but I don't speak or read tagalog so I can't really understand your post! :)

lucybear05

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
Ryancory said:
Thanks Lucybear. May I ask who is your member of parliament?
I will give it a try and see if they can speed up the process then.
My understanding is that they can't usually speed anything up. But they can find out whether there is some kind of big issue with the application (e.g. missing documents) and they can get an estimated completion date for you.

If you go to this website, in the middle of the page, under "House of Commons", you can enter your postal code and find out who your Member of Parliament is. You could then find your MP on the internet and contact them that way. Good luck!

Edited to add: Oops - I forgot the link, here it is: http://www.parl.gc.ca/Default.aspx?Language=E

Ryancory

Aug 11, 2014
I went to see the member of parliament, they found out the status on the same day for me. All documents look good but they are not able to tell me estimate processing date. They just said the processing time is six month.
Lucybear, since my application is two weeks after yours. Pls update me when your caregiver gets approval, so that I can estimate the completion of my nanny's application.
Many thanks

lucybear05

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
My nanny got an e-mail yesterday that the HK embassy wants her current passport! Hurrah! So I'm pretty sure this means she has been approved. My MP's office could not find out for sure, but they inquired yesterday and were told that the embassy also mailed our nanny a letter, so I presume that's an approval letter of some kind.

Our nanny is currently at home in the Philippines visiting her daughter, so now she is making plans as quickly as possible to return to HK, get her Visa and then travel to Canada.

So it took from April 22 to September 17 (just a week shy of 5 months). Longer than we thought it would, but not terrible I guess.

Good luck ryancory - hopefully you will hear good news very soon!

rioverna

Mar 15, 2014
oh hi lucybear05, sorry if i wrote u some Tagalogs.. haha
well anyways tnx..
congrats to u and to your nanny.
yours was just a day ahead of mine.
Docs submitted april 23, hoping there will be some good news nxt week.., just like you had,,:)

cheers... ;)

lucybear05

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
rioverna - it sounds like you will hear some good news soon, if the timeline is similar to our nanny. Best of luck with your application!

rosycheekzz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18, 2014 Rceivd July 22, 2014 in CPC MISS.,ON
AOR Received.
Sept 09, 2014 AOR 2 Sept 24, 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 17, 2014
Med's Done....
June 20, 2014
Passport Req..
april 29,2014 in process april 22, 2014
Ryancory said:
Hi Rioverna, pls update us if you got approval for the work permit. Good luck and all the best.

hello, guys. i hope you can answer my query. I am just wondering if a proof of funds should be presented by the applicant when applying for her work permit as Live-in caregiver. Thank you very much. pls shed me some light here. I am really confused with what i read from cic-website.

denyelay

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
NOC 6474
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
Med's Request
29-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-09-2014
Passport Req..
21-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2014
rosycheekzz said:
hello, guys. i hope you can answer my query. I am just wondering if a proof of funds should be presented by the applicant when applying for her work permit as Live-in caregiver. Thank you very much. pls shed me some light here. I am really confused with what i read from cic-website.
That is proof of income of your employer. They may submit directly to the CIC.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
rosycheekzz said:
Just submit your bank statement, at least $500.00 would do. This is just to support the ground that if after your 2 year contract and you are not able to apply for PR under the program you need to leave Canada.

Rutt7

Jan 16, 2012
We are currently also waiting for our live in caregiver to arrive from Hong Kong. She submitted her papers on April 3rd, 2014 in Hong Kong and the embassy just requested her passport on September 12th. We are hoping that means her work permit is ready and she will soon be on her way.

lucybear05

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
Rutt7 said:
We are currently also waiting for our live in caregiver to arrive from Hong Kong. She submitted her papers on April 3rd, 2014 in Hong Kong and the embassy just requested her passport on September 12th. We are hoping that means her work permit is ready and she will soon be on her way.
One never wants to get one's hopes up prematurely, but it's my understanding that a request for the original current passport pretty much means they will soon be on their way to Canada. At least I hope so, since I feel like we've been waiting forever for her! ;)

Rutt7

Jan 16, 2012
That would be good! We began the process last October and we hopefully are getting closer to her arrival!

ankursapra

Nov 14, 2012
Hi, I have a query, I am an employer in Canada, I have just got a positive LMIA to hire my nanny from HK. She is Filipino and currently in HK. What all documents/papers she needs to submit for Work permit.

1) Can I be her representative for the application?
2) She has worked for me previously in Singapore for 3 years.. so does she needs a police clearance certificate from Philippines, Singapore and HK, if yes how to go about it? No country issues Police clearance certificate with out original letter from Canadian Consulate.
3) Does she need experience letters from her current employer?
4) Does she needs to show any money in her account?
5) She is the only one coming to Canada, does she needs to submit her birth certificate and marriage certificate both.
6) If she submits medical before hand, will it help?

Please any advise will be highly appreciated.