+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong Visa office- LICP

Ryancory

Aug 11, 2014
Hi there, is there anyone applying their work permit under LICP in HK visa office? Pls share your timeline.
On their website it said 6 months, any chance it will take less than that?
Thanks

lucybear05

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
The lady we have hired to be our nanny (who is from the Philippines and working in Hong Kong) applied at the visa office in HK on April 22. She still has not heard anything. So it has now been 4.5 months and we are still waiting.

We have heard it is now 5 to 6 months for applications.

Hope that helps a bit!

Ana Villanueva

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Ontario Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-07-2014
Passport Req..
03-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
19-03-2015
Ryancory said:
Hi there, is there anyone applying their work permit under LICP in HK visa office? Pls share your timeline.
On their website it said 6 months, any chance it will take less than that?
Thanks
Hi ryancory, just apply mine here also in hk 6 weeks ago. They told me it will take 6 mos. but my friend came out the visa for 4 months. Did u use agency. Or u pass your application by yourself?

Ryancory

Aug 11, 2014
Thank you all for your reply. My nanny submitted her visa application on May 9, and no update from CIV ever since. Lucybear, pls update me if your nanny got hers. Thanks

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Ana Villanueva said:
Hi ryancory, just apply mine here also in hk 6 weeks ago. They told me it will take 6 mos. but my friend came out the visa for 4 months. Did u use agency. Or u pass your application by yourself?
Did u apply by yourself or agency?

lucybear05

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
People keep asking about whether an agency was used. Is it supposed to be faster with an agency? Slower? Why is this question important? Someone feel me in please! ;)

Ana Villanueva

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Ontario Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-07-2014
Passport Req..
03-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
19-03-2015
nismopinoy said:
Did u apply by yourself or agency?

Hi nismopinoy I applied by myself. As lucybear05 asked what is the different between applying by yourself and using an agency?

jing16

Jan 7, 2014
as what happened to me as long as you have much free time submit by yourself. to be honest agency dont have any ways of helping you because all that contact no. wouldbe coming from the applicants because agencies in hk are not registerd xonsultant. as for my case i dont have much time to go to hk embassy . so i ask the help on agency. but dissapointments and fear appear after 4months of processing that i never get any email from the embassy my agency called me that the embassy is telling them that need to transfer my application to cvac,at first i didnt have any doubt at them amd i said ok go transfer my application. on that same day i emailed the embassy asking for an update but the reply was no apllication filed . so i was shocked. then i called the agency. they said its akready ok we have transferred yout application. and they sent me a receipt for prove. now what in my mind is,i am not sure if they realy submited my papers before. and now that it is in subkited in vac. i am afraid that i need to wait another 6months. i dont really know what the agency did to my applications. it should have by no because it is already 6 months from the time they told me it is submited. and now they are not answering my calls.

denyelay

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
NOC 6474
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
Med's Request
29-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-09-2014
Passport Req..
21-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2014
lucybear05 said:
People keep asking about whether an agency was used. Is it supposed to be faster with an agency? Slower? Why is this question important? Someone feel me in please! ;)
Why do we ask it? Because agencies in HK have license but not authorized to represent for VISA CANADA. Many applicants here are victim of unauthorized immigrant representative and I was a victim before. Agency will only assists on filling-up application form and checks all necessary documents then the applicants will personally submit to VAC. If you like to use an agency be sure they have an authorized representative to represent the application in CIC if none better submit it by yourself. With or without representative is not guarantee that the application will be faster. Still it depends on the VO who handles. Did I answer your question?

lucybear05

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
So it sounds like people ask about this because they wonder if the applicant has been mistreated by a bad agency.

Our prospective nanny did use an agency I believe, but it was an agency that had assisted her sister and a couple of her friends to come to Canada in the last couple of years, so I think she felt confident that the agency was a good one. I think she used an agency because she was working 6 full days per week, with only Sundays off, and very long hours so it would have been very difficult for her to do the application all by herself. She told me she was not charged too much, because the agency gives a big discount if you already have a Canadian employer and LMO/LMIA when you hire the agency.

I don't think the agency made any mistakes in our case. I contacted my Member of Parliament a few weeks ago, to see if he could help us, and his office contacted the HK embassy for us. The embassy confirmed that they had our nanny's application and that there was nothing missing, incomplete, etc. So we know the application was for sure submitted correctly back in April. The embassy gave us an estimated processing date of September 22 (5 months from the date she applied). Now we are just waiting, and hoping she has her Visa by the end of September.

Ryancory

Aug 11, 2014
Hi Lucybear, may I know how did you approach your member of parliament? By phone or email? How fast did they response to you?
My nanny's visa application was two weeks after yours, hope her visa will be released about the same time.
Thanks in advance for sharing.

lucybear05

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
Ryancory said:
Hi Lucybear, may I know how did you approach your member of parliament? By phone or email? How fast did they response to you?
My nanny's visa application was two weeks after yours, hope her visa will be released about the same time.
Thanks in advance for sharing.
I went to his website, and when I got there, there was a link for contacting him, where you fill out a form. You check which federal program you are having an issue with (I picked "immigration"), and then you fill out your info and describe your issue. They got to be almost immediately, and I had a meeting at the office. They were then very quick to make inquiries to the embassy.

Ryancory

Aug 11, 2014
Thanks Lucybear. May I ask who is your member of parliament?
I will give it a try and see if they can speed up the process then.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
lucybear05 said:
Most of the applicant from HK used agency as they don't have lots of time to do it by themselves. Many of them too trying to sneak out just to go to the embassy or even to collect the desired documents needed in the application. Of the applicant used agency to help them completing the application they need to pay lots of money.

But I guess much better to apply directly and make your way for them not to expend too.much money to pay for the agency.

rioverna

Mar 15, 2014
hello lucybear05.
i used a consultant for submitting my documents, it was submitted april 23, 2014, seems mgksby kmi ng nanny mo.
but they cant tell when llabas un notice for passport fequest ko.
u said that the embassy answered and gave u an estimated date wch is on Sept 22?
hoping dumting ndn skn by that time.