+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with Quebec forms

Parivash_a

Oct 30, 2017
Hi everyone. Is there any outland sponsorship applicant here from Quebec? I need to know when I should send the forms for CSQ request? After receiving the SA? Or I should wait to receive a separate email for that?

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi everyone. Is there any outland sponsorship applicant here from Quebec? I need to know when I should send the forms for CSQ request? After receiving the SA? Or I should wait to receive a separate email for that?
Thank you very much for your reply. I am following an outland application already. But most of them are not from Quebec, that's why I thought to get help on the forms, I should be in another forum as well. I don't understand the reason for applying for OWP if we have to wait to receive the PR before we can land. Cause if one has the PR they can work without any problem in Canada. May be it's only for inland applicants to be eligible to work before they receive their PRs.
I believe that either inland or outland, you still have to wait for requesting letter from CIC asking for CSQ, then you can apply for CSQ with that letter. Without that letter, Quebec province won't process your application. This information must show clearly in Guide. Have you checked it well? Anyway, I found this information on CIC web site:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#quebec

For OWP, there a few different OWPs, such as Skilled workers or st. The OWP that we are talking about is under sponsorship application which means if a sponsor withdraws the sponsorship application before Final Decision made by CIC, then OWP will be cancelled even though it was approved before. If applicants who applied inland have OWP before PR, they can work as soon as they get OWP by mail because they are already in Canada. Again, if applicants apply outland then they have to wait for PR to land in Canada; OWP cannot help them to land in Canada before PR.

Reactions: Parivash_a

Parivash_a

Oct 30, 2017
I believe that either inland or outland, you still have to wait for requesting letter from CIC asking for CSQ, then you can apply for CSQ with that letter. Without that letter, Quebec province won't process your application. This information must show clearly in Guide. Have you checked it well? Anyway, I found this information on CIC web site:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#quebec

For OWP, there a few different OWPs, such as Skilled workers or st. The OWP that we are talking about is under sponsorship application which means if a sponsor withdraws the sponsorship application before Final Decision made by CIC, then OWP will be cancelled even though it was approved before. If applicants who applied inland have OWP before PR, they can work as soon as they get OWP by mail because they are already in Canada. Again, if applicants apply outland then they have to wait for PR to land in Canada; OWP cannot help them to land in Canada before PR.
Thank you very much for getting back to me. I just received an email tonight saying that I should be waiting for my file to go to the VO and then they'll send me an email so that I can apply for the CSQ. Thanks also for the information about the OWP. I think it's only useful to inland applicants then.

Reactions: Trinh

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Thank you very much for getting back to me. I just received an email tonight saying that I should be waiting for my file to go to the VO and then they'll send me an email so that I can apply for the CSQ. Thanks also for the information about the OWP. I think it's only useful to inland applicants then.
Sounds good for you! Congratulations! For OWP, you still should apply now then your spouse will have OWP as the same time with PR. I read lots of people here get tired of waiting for OWP so.

Parivash_a

Oct 30, 2017
Sounds good for you! Congratulations! For OWP, you still should apply now then your spouse will have OWP as the same time with PR. I read lots of people here get tired of waiting for OWP so.
That's what I don't understand. If my husband is landing with PR then he can work full time anywhere. He doesn't nee OWP to work. Does he?

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
That's what I don't understand. If my husband is landing with PR then he can work full time anywhere. He doesn't nee OWP to work. Does he?
If he has PR, he can live in Canada but cannot work without a Work permit. You are a native Quebecois so when you were born, you already have a right to work without a work permit; but not us who are foreigners here, we do need a work permit to work here.

Onceagain2step

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
If he has PR, he can live in Canada but cannot work without a Work permit. You are a native Quebecois so when you were born, you already have a right to work without a work permit; but not us who are foreigners here, we do need a work permit to work here.
This time you are wrong, if you have PR, you can work anything you want.

What permanent residents can do
As a permanent resident, you have the right to:

• get most social benefits that Canadian citizens receive, including health care coverage,
  • live, work or study anywhere in Canada,
  • apply for Canadian citizenship,
  • protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
You must pay taxes and respect all Canadian laws at the federal, provincial and municipal levels.

What permanent residents cannot do
You are not allowed to:

• vote or run for political office,
  • hold some jobs that need a high-level security clearance.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html?_ga=2.210245712.433013912.1512081302-592829260.1486327555

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017

• get most social benefits that Canadian citizens receive, including health care coverage,
  • protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
You must pay taxes and respect all Canadian laws at the federal, provincial and municipal levels.

You are not allowed to:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/understand-pr-status.html?_ga=2.210245712.433013912.1512081302-592829260.1486327555
I also read it. But the point is when I went to Canada Service last week to get SIN, the woman there said that since I get PR card, I have to go back to change SIN number as it will be different from the one that I have with my current work permit. So I supposed that I still need a work permit even though I have a PR card. One more thing, as I said in previous comment, my colleague and my friend who applied out land (one not for Quebec - applied in Jan 2016; one applied for Quebec - 2013), they both applied for PR and OWP at the same time, and they got PR and OWP at the same time so.

Do you need to apply for a work permit? I actually don't understand this part much... Maybe applicant out land do not need to apply for OWP? But my friends still applied for it and they got it because of that?

Parivash_a

Oct 30, 2017
No, actually I'm also a PR, and I know that I have right to work here without the need for having a work permit. That's why I was wondering to know the need for the OWP from the beginning.

Parivash_a

Oct 30, 2017
I also read it. But the point is when I went to Canada Service last week to get SIN, the woman there said that since I get PR card, I have to go back to change SIN number as it will be different from the one that I have with my current work permit. So I supposed that I still need a work permit even though I have a PR card. One more thing, as I said in previous comment, my colleague and my friend who applied out land (one not for Quebec - applied in Jan 2016; one applied for Quebec - 2013), they both applied for PR and OWP at the same time, and they got PR and OWP at the same time so.

Do you need to apply for a work permit? I actually don't understand this part much... Maybe applicant out land do not need to apply for OWP? But my friends still applied for it and they got it because of that?
Thanks a lot. I'll investigate more on this. Because in this scenario, I have to also apply for WP before I can find a job here. However, my SIN is issued after I landed as a PR. I am actively looking to find a job now. Haven't found one yet, but actually no one's told me abut having a WP yet. I'll do a research. Thanks for your time and comments...

Onceagain2step

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017

Choose the class of application
  • If you’re sponsoring your conjugal partner or dependent child, you must submit an application under the Family Class. These applications are processed outside Canada.
  • If you’re sponsoring your spouse or common-law partner, you may sponsor them under the Family Class or under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
  • When you sponsor a spouse or common-law partner, you must specify the “Class of Application” on the checklist you’ll submit as the covering page for your application package.
Apply under the Family Class if:

• the person you want to sponsor lives outside Canada
  • the person you want to sponsor currently lives with you in Canada but doesn’t plan to stay in Canada while the application is being processed
  • you plan to appeal if the application is refused
  • you’re sponsoring your conjugal partner or dependent child
Apply under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class if your spouse or common-law partner:

• lives with you in Canada
  • has valid immigration status in Canada
  • would like to apply for, and qualifies for, an Open Work Permit so that they can work while the application is being processed
For more detailed information about the requirements for these classes, see Part 7 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations:

• for requirements to sponsor a spouse or common-law partner under the Family Class, see Part 7, Division 1
  • for requirements to sponsor under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class, see Part 7, Division 2

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017

You are not allowed to:

I am so sorry, I just asked them quickly again to make sure if I'm wrong. And yes it is, I was wrong. They told me that they were talking about another case which was In-Land, not their cases. How horrible I was to get misunderstanding from them. I'm so sorry @Parivash_a. And you are right @Onceagain2step. I really appreciate if someone corrects some wrong information as from then, the next applicants who read these threads will learn right information in stead of wrong one.

P/s: Should I delete my comment with wrong information to help the next applicants avoid taking time to read it for nothing?

Parivash_a

Oct 30, 2017
I am so sorry, I just asked them quickly again to make sure if I'm wrong. And yes it is, I was wrong. They told me that they were talking about another case which was In-Land, not their cases. How horrible I was to get misunderstanding from them. I'm so sorry @Parivash_a. And you are right @Onceagain2step. I really appreciate if someone corrects some wrong information as from then, the next applicants who read these threads will learn right information in stead of wrong one.

P/s: Should I delete my comment with wrong information to help the next applicants avoid taking time to read it for nothing?
Thank a lot for checking that, and thank you @Onceagain2step for taking time to send us the links, and the information. You people are adorable. I am not sure about deleting it. Up to you...

bij4

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hi guys,
I wanted to know if I can apply for CSQ for my wife. I am a Canadian citizen, I landed inToronto, stayed there for 1 week only, and then moved to montreal, I have been living in montreal for the past 9 years now. I do not have the CSQ though.

Please let me know if I can apply for CSQ for my wife, looks like CSQ is faster !!!

fred2016

Jan 6, 2016
Hi Guys,

I'm sponsoring my husband who lives outside Canada and I have a couple of questions about Quebec undertaking application forms:
1) Form A-0520-BF Section 3.1: Should my husband fill this section? if yes, he has to answer by yes or no for accompanying part?

2) Payment Form, Section 2 (Principal applicant): should I write my name as i am the sponsor and pay by my credit or my sponsored person name (my husband)?

Thank's