vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
Glad I found this thread!

I'm currently filling out the A-0546-GF form and got stuck at the section 4. If I am sponsoring my husband, and he is coming alone, should I fill out #4.1 with his information and leave 4.2 and 4.3 blank?

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Glad I found this thread!

I'm currently filling out the A-0546-GF form and got stuck at the section 4. If I am sponsoring my husband, and he is coming alone, should I fill out #4.1 with his information and leave 4.2 and 4.3 blank?
Hi there - from my Home (Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates) to here hehe

For Section 4.1: Information of your family members. If you sponsor your husband only, and you guys don't have children yet --> so you fill your information (sponsor) here.
***Because according to definition of "family members" on CIC:
"A spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child (grandchild), who plans to immigrate to Canada with the principal applicant. Accompanying family members are included on the application."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp

---> After that, you have to tick at Oui.
After ticking at Oui, there is a box, please keep it blank.

For 4.2 & 4.3, if you don't go with other family members, so write N/A.

Make sure For section 2 & 3: You fill principle applicant's information. For section 1: You fill sponsor's information.

Last edited:
Reactions: chetankumar883

Buk

Nov 23, 2017
Hi, glad to have found this thread. I submitted my application for CSQ 2 weeks ago and received their acknowledgment by mail last Nov 24 dated Nov 17. I have filled all forms in English, I completely forgot to download the French forms,glad they still processed my application.

With regards to The undertaking form in section 4, my husband did not fill up 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3. We just put N/A since I am only the applicant with no dependent child.

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
Hi there - from my Home (Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates) to here hehe

For Section 4.1: Information of your family members. If you sponsor your husband only, and you guys don't have children yet --> so you fill your information (sponsor) here.
***Because according to definition of "family members" on CIC:
"A spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child (grandchild), who plans to immigrate to Canada with the principal applicant. Accompanying family members are included on the application."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp

---> After that, you have to tick at Oui.
After ticking at Oui, there is a box, please keep it blank.

For 4.2 & 4.3, if you don't go with other family members, so write N/A.

Make sure For section 2 & 3: You fill principle applicant's information. For section 1: You fill sponsor's information.
haha I know, I was surprised to see you in this thread again! You've been really helpful :)

Just one more question about this form, if I was born in Canada do they expect me to write the date when I became a citizen of Canada (A-0546- 1.1 "Date d'obtention de la citoyenneté canadienne" )

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
haha I know, I was surprised to see you in this thread again! You've been really helpful :)

Just one more question about this form, if I was born in Canada do they expect me to write the date when I became a citizen of Canada (A-0546- 1.1 "Date d'obtention de la citoyenneté canadienne" )
My husband is natural Canadian and he just wrote N/A on those boxes. As you were born in Canada so I think you became a natural Canadian, if so, just write N/A like us.

Reactions: vhst

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
My husband is natural Canadian and he just wrote N/A on those boxes. As you were born in Canada so I think you became a natural Canadian, if so, just write N/A like us.
Ok, thank you.

And, in the form A-0520, in the section 3... Would it be the same as the Section 4.1 of the A-0546 ? Where it asks the "Renseignements sur l'identité des membres de la famille de la personne parrainée principale", in 3.1 the "Époux ou épouse..." Would be me? And should I check the "oui" in the "Cette personne vous accompagne-t-elle au Québec?

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Ok, thank you.

And, in the form A-0520, in the section 3... Would it be the same as the Section 4.1 of the A-0546 ? Where it asks the "Renseignements sur l'identité des membres de la famille de la personne parrainée principale", in 3.1 the "Époux ou épouse..." Would be me? And should I check the "oui" in the "Cette personne vous accompagne-t-elle au Québec?
A-0546
For 3.1: Yes, you fill your information, then tick Oui.
For 4.: It's you again

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
A-0546
For 3.1: Yes, you fill your information, then tick Oui.
For 4.: It's you again
OK, and now, for the final step, for the payment... I checked the « Demande d’engagement – Regroupement familial » as per the guide, but should we have to pay for the CSQ as well?

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
OK, and now, for the final step, for the payment... I checked the « Demande d’engagement – Regroupement familial » as per the guide, but should we have to pay for the CSQ as well?
For payment, we only paid 277 Cad:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/apply/undertaking-application/fees-required.html

We did not pay by Credit card though as the form seems a bit silly. So we paid by cheque, much easier and faster. We went to a post office to pay cheque, then attached the cheque with the application, then we sent all right there.

Btw: 277 Cad + 7.50 Cad service fees (for paying cheque) = 284.50 Cad
For post service, we chose express and guarantee, I don't remember exactly but it was about 23 Cad I guess.

Parivash_a

Oct 30, 2017
Hi Guys. I'm so new to this forum. I sent my spouse's application on 18th October (outland), and I am waiting to receive SA email to send the CSQ requesting forms. I have a question as I see it for the first time here. After receiving and uploading the CSQ, can we apply our spouse's OWP?? Is it for inland applicants only or outland as well? If it is for outland as well, does it mean they can come to Canada before they receive their PR? I'm sorry if my questions are stupid, I'm really confused. Thanks a lot for your help.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi Guys. I'm so new to this forum. I sent my spouse's application on 18th October (outland), and I am waiting to receive SA email to send the CSQ requesting forms. I have a question as I see it for the first time here. After receiving and uploading the CSQ, can we apply our spouse's OWP?? Is it for inland applicants only or outland as well? If it is for outland as well, does it mean they can come to Canada before they receive their PR? I'm sorry if my questions are stupid, I'm really confused. Thanks a lot for your help.
Hi there,

Never think that your question is stupid or something. I will tell you what I know although I don't understand your questions at some point:
- For out land application, you should search on this website to find out "Out land application" thread, then it will help you a lot. I applied in land so I cannot really help you well.
- For OWP: You actually should have applied it with PR application at the same time. You don't need to wait for any thing. My friends who applied out land got OWP as same time as they got PRs. In case, they have OWP first, they still have to wait until get PR to land in Canada.

Reactions: Parivash_a

Parivash_a

Oct 30, 2017
Tha
Hi there,

Never think that your question is stupid or something. I will tell you what I know although I don't understand your questions at some point:
- For out land application, you should search on this website to find out "Out land application" thread, then it will help you a lot. I applied in land so I cannot really help you well.
- For OWP: You actually should have applied it with PR application at the same time. You don't need to wait for any thing. My friends who applied out land got OWP as same time as they got PRs. In case, they have OWP first, they still have to wait until get PR to land in Canada.
Thank you very much for your reply. I am following an outland application already. But most of them are not from Quebec, that's why I thought to get help on the forms, I should be in another forum as well. I don't understand the reason for applying for OWP if we have to wait to receive the PR before we can land. Cause if one has the PR they can work without any problem in Canada. May be it's only for inland applicants to be eligible to work before they receive their PRs.