+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

George Brown College -Information Systems Business Analyst

GAURAAYUSH

Apr 8, 2016
Hi
I have got offer letter for T405 george brown college for sep16 intake.I have few questions.
1) Hows the course to start career as a BA in canadian market as currently i am working with IBM INDIA as IT support analyst.
2) How is the part time work situation in toronto.
3) After the course is competed what are the chances of finding a job ? does that depends on market conditions or BA jobs are less as compared to other fields.

gbc1234

May 4, 2016
@dks2323 Hello friend some questions.

a)What courses can you take to make it a 3 yr visa? How much more will this cost?
b) How does the work visa work? Can you work for a year and then join college for 2 more years or you have to finish 2 years and then get the 3 years permit?
c) Generally what is the pay rate in the co-op?

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a)What courses can you take to make it a 3 yr visa? How much more will this cost?

You can do 2 one year courses to get the 3 years of post graduate work permit. Or you can do any other course of 2 or more years to get the 3 years of work permit.

All the post graduate courses have similar fees structure....so its around 7500 CAD per semester.

b) How does the work visa work? Can you work for a year and then join college for 1 more year or you have to finish 2 years and then get the 3 years permit?

You can apply for post graduate work permit only ONCE in your life. Once you have applied for it then you can not apply it again....so you have to study continuously to get the 3 years permit.

Usually the co-op pay rate is around 15-20 dollars an hour and you work 37.5 hours per week.
If you are lucky enough you can ask the employer to offer you full time job in the co-op period and then you can continue after your last semester. This is what I did....I started working full-time, starting my co-op period. But I had good experience before coming to Canada so its all your luck and past experience.

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GAURAAYUSH said:
Hi
I have got offer letter for T405 george brown college for sep16 intake.I have few questions.
1) Hows the course to start career as a BA in canadian market as currently i am working with IBM INDIA as IT support analyst.

Don't expect too much from the course....This course will just help you get the postgraduate work permit and to enter the Canadian market....Its your previous experience that will help you to get a job....

2) How is the part time work situation in toronto.

Should not be difficult to get a part time job in Tom Horton's or some restaurant...I have not done it but many of my friends did it and they never had any problem finding part time job....

3) After the course is competed what are the chances of finding a job ? does that depends on market conditions or BA jobs are less as compared to other fields.

Well its all your luck and past experience...

Priyansh

Aug 9, 2016
Hello,

I am working as SAP SD consultant with 3.5 years in India. I have also done MSC in international management from UK. I am looking forward to this course as I was always interested to move to business analyst side.

Please advice me on below questions?

1, Is this course good enough to get a job in Canadian market in 1 year work permit?
2. Has someone done this course and how would you rate the level of knowledge?
3. Can my wife accompany me on this course on spouse visa?
4. How much can we earn after the completion of this course?
5. will this course worth it to put 20000 cad for long term future in Canada?
6. Will this course give us the long term benefit in Canadian market?
7. is there any other college or university which offers a similar course in Toronto?

I would appreciate if someone can answer my questions so I will start the procedure of enrollment.

Thanks

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Priyansh said:
Hello,

I am working as SAP SD consultant with 3.5 years in India. I have also done MSC in international management from UK. I am looking forward to this course as I was always interested to move to business analyst side.

Please advice me on below questions?

1, Is this course good enough to get a job in Canadian market in 1 year work permit?

Nopes....it is hard to get a job just based on this course....your previous experience might help you to get a job....

2. Has someone done this course and how would you rate the level of knowledge?

I can see that you are working in IT so I expect that you already know what is an SDD, SRS, test plans, BRD, etc.....if you do know all this then the knowledge gained in none....
if you don't know these terms and these documents then you will get good enough knowledge to be able to say something in interviews...

3. Can my wife accompany me on this course on spouse visa?

Yes, she can....you can apply for her open work permit...she would be able work while you study...

4. How much can we earn after the completion of this course?

All depends on you...no one can tell you this....this course wont fetch you much.....its your previous experience of SAP where you can count on....see and study the SAP market in CANADA before you think of moving as that's the only thing that can get you a job....not this course....

5. will this course worth it to put 20000 cad for long term future in Canada?

Well I used this course to enter Canada...I never banked upon this course...so I'll say no, its not worth at all....why don't you go to States and do your masters or if Canada is your destination then do your MBA here...just my suggestion....

6. Will this course give us the long term benefit in Canadian market?

I don't think so....

7. is there any other college or university which offers a similar course in Toronto?

University of Toronto has it but I think that's just a 2 months of course which is of no use for you...

I would appreciate if someone can answer my questions so I will start the procedure of enrollment.

Thanks

Priyansh

Aug 9, 2016
Hey,

Thanks a lot for answering all my questions. I have also applied PR for Canada which I believe might take little long. My CRS is 391. So now looking forward to provinces.

Can you please suggest on SAP market in Canada? Is it good to land up with a job if I get a PR? I am looking now for New Brunswick, Skatchvan, Nova scotia and Quebec. Since, I am in little rush, that's why I was also considering study as a option to enter in Canada.

Please provide your inputs as you are already there.

Thanks again

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are jobs in SAP in Toronto for sure...I am not sure about other places...

Why are you in rush...studying one year course here will cost you 20K dollars which will get you nowhere...wait for your PR and then come.....or go to a good university if you want to study...

Also, studying for a one year course wont even help you in getting the PR...so there is no reason for you to rush....

keviv

Aug 17, 2016
Hi
dks2323,

I did my b tech ( IT) in india and Master of Management Info Systems in Australia, and nearly have 5 years of experience in Software industry. But as a functional/business analyst i only have 10 months of experience so i am thinking about doing this course. After reading all your comments i am not sure whether to go ahead or not. You said its ur previous experience that is going to get you a job, well most of my previous experience has nothing to do about business analysis, thats precisely why i want to do Postgrad diploma in Business analysis. Can you please advice me regarding this issue.

Purple250

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
can anyone please tell me how long does it take to get an offer letter from george brown college? i am going to apply for business marketing program for january 2017 intake...

Priyansh

Aug 9, 2016
Hello friends,

Can some please provide number who has done this course? I am looking forward to this. I have few questions. It's very urgent. Or can someone add me 919654249650

Thanks
Saransh

Priyansh

Aug 9, 2016
Hello Seniors,

Please let me know if this course require any previous IT academics as I am bachelor in commerce and msc in International management. I have 3. 6 years of work exp in Sap functional . I have read on George brown website that this course can be done by commerce graduates as well. I mean will commerce graduate and management student struggle to understand this as i have also seen mist btech students doing this course.

I would appreciate if someone can clear my doubt before i start for this course.

Thanks in advance
Priyansh

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Priyansh said:
Hello Seniors,

Please let me know if this course require any previous IT academics as I am bachelor in commerce and msc in International management. I have 3. 6 years of work exp in Sap functional . I have read on George brown website that this course can be done by commerce graduates as well. I mean will commerce graduate and management student struggle to understand this as i have also seen mist btech students doing this course.

I would appreciate if someone can clear my doubt before i start for this course.

Thanks in advance
Priyansh
Nopes...not required...its not required to have an IT background/academics....anyone can do this course....and I don't think that you'll struggle in getting hold of things as its not difficult....

Just make sure that you write a good letter of explanation for visa officer, in case you still have to apply for he visa....

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keviv said:
Hi
dks2323,

I did my b tech ( IT) in india and Master of Management Info Systems in Australia, and nearly have 5 years of experience in Software industry. But as a functional/business analyst i only have 10 months of experience so i am thinking about doing this course. After reading all your comments i am not sure whether to go ahead or not. You said its ur previous experience that is going to get you a job, well most of my previous experience has nothing to do about business analysis, thats precisely why i want to do Postgrad diploma in Business analysis. Can you please advice me regarding this issue.
I never said that your previous experience must be in business analysis....I just wanted to say its hard to get a business analysis job based on this course...so your previous job exp. would help you to get a job in the same profile you were working in....What all I said is to make you all aware that do not bank just on the course and come prepared with your experience.....

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi dks2323,
I was wondering how is the job opportunities after Information system Business Analyst course? and how much one can expect to earn after this course if someone has 3 years experience in IT company in India? And what about the co-op? is it easy to get co-op terms from George brown? and i am assuming if it is a co-op then it must be paid right? Are you working in toronto? Thanks
dks2323 said:

You can do 2 one year courses to get the 3 years of post graduate work permit. Or you can do any other course of 2 or more years to get the 3 years of work permit.

All the post graduate courses have similar fees structure....so its around 7500 CAD per semester.

b) How does the work visa work? Can you work for a year and then join college for 1 more year or you have to finish 2 years and then get the 3 years permit?

You can apply for post graduate work permit only ONCE in your life. Once you have applied for it then you can not apply it again....so you have to study continuously to get the 3 years permit.

Usually the co-op pay rate is around 15-20 dollars an hour and you work 37.5 hours per week.
If you are lucky enough you can ask the employer to offer you full time job in the co-op period and then you can continue after your last semester. This is what I did....I started working full-time, starting my co-op period. But I had good experience before coming to Canada so its all your luck and past experience.