+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

George Brown College -Information Systems Business Analyst

ythapar

Feb 23, 2015
Hi,

I have around 5-6 years of Business Analyst work experience. I have done B.Tech and I am interested in this course. I might be going for Sep 2015 session. Have few questions, if somebody please answer:
1. What is current course fee, does this college waive-off some amount of fee?
2. What are chances to get job as Business Aanalyst post completion of course?
3. Since, work permit is for 1 year only, Does employer helps to extend the work permit or PR?

People who have already done their courses may help us new people here?

Thanks!

ythapar

Feb 23, 2015
Co-op Information required:

Since GBC offers Co-op for 3rd semester. Wanted to ask from great seniors of college pursuing ISBA course.
What percentage of people get selected for coop?
How easy is to get job post completion of course?
Did you guys get time to work and study at the same time to manage ur finance?

Appreciate your help!

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys....I am a current student of ISBA course....I joined it in September 2014.
I would love to help you all...here are some points to answer your questions:

1) Hows the course: I would say consider this course as a way to enter canadian market (and THAT IS IT) as you'll get open work permit after this course....do not make mistake that this course can get you a job....They teach about how to make documents (BRD, SRS, test plan, use cases, use case specs)....if you are working in IT industry then I expect that you alredy know abt these documents....you do some case studies and then make documents as a Business Analyst....

2) JOB: Getting a job depends on you and your luck....Guys with some good experience got the job but salary is not as expected...Most of them are doing another course in hope to get the 3 year work permit....you can get a good job if you have experience ( I am talking about atleast 5-6 years of experience)...expect the salary to be around 40-60K CAD depending on your experience....

3) CO OP: Getting coop should not be difficult...I am currently looking for coop....but I expect to get it...there is a reason behind it...companies save a lot of money in taxes by providing coop to students...but mostly they do not offer you full time after coop if you are international student....this is not the case always but mostly this happens....

4) Last Semester fees: If you get the coop then you dont have to pay the last semester fees and you just have to pay 500 CAD for the lat sem....

5) Study and part time work: You can easily work part time while studying....the course is not very demanding...you just have to be organized....but be ready to make pizzas in pizza hut or serve coffee in Tim Hortons...but most of the students do this so NO SHAME....its good if you can earn your pocket money your self.....

6) So is the course worth: Well as I already said that consider this course as just a way to enter Canadian Market....but you'll learn some terms and things that are asked in a BA interview for a job in Canada....

About Me: I have 8+ years of IT experince and arnd 6 years of BA experience....I was in USA for 5 years before coming to Canada...I took this course to enter Canada....

Hope this helps.....

Inbox me or ask your questions here....I'll try to answer.....

Best of Luck !!!

Reactions: canada11

wukong

Mar 4, 2015
Hi Guys/ dks2323

I got the admit for Sept 2015 intake.
Thanks a lot for the valuable info dks233.
Is there any whatsapp group?

Canada Hawk

Nov 18, 2014
Hey dks2323.. Thanks for the info. I got LOA for sep 2015 intake. I have around 7 yrs of IT experience and looking for this program as a gateway to canada. I have a question regarding Co-op. Do we have to search for co-op or does GBC assist in getting co-op?

dks2323 said:
Hi Guys....I am a current student of ISBA course....I joined it in September 2014.
I would love to help you all...here are some points to answer your questions:

1) Hows the course: I would say consider this course as a way to enter canadian market (and THAT IS IT) as you'll get open work permit after this course....do not make mistake that this course can get you a job....They teach about how to make documents (BRD, SRS, test plan, use cases, use case specs)....if you are working in IT industry then I expect that you alredy know abt these documents....you do some case studies and then make documents as a Business Analyst....

2) JOB: Getting a job depends on you and your luck....Guys with some good experience got the job but salary is not as expected...Most of them are doing another course in hope to get the 3 year work permit....you can get a good job if you have experience ( I am talking about atleast 5-6 years of experience)...expect the salary to be around 40-60K CAD depending on your experience....

3) CO OP: Getting coop should not be difficult...I am currently looking for coop....but I expect to get it...there is a reason behind it...companies save a lot of money in taxes by providing coop to students...but mostly they do not offer you full time after coop if you are international student....this is not the case always but mostly this happens....

4) Last Semester fees: If you get the coop then you dont have to pay the last semester fees and you just have to pay 500 CAD for the lat sem....

5) Study and part time work: You can easily work part time while studying....the course is not very demanding...you just have to be organized....but be ready to make pizzas in pizza hut or serve coffee in Tim Hortons...but most of the students do this so NO SHAME....its good if you can earn your pocket money your self.....

6) So is the course worth: Well as I already said that consider this course as just a way to enter Canadian Market....but you'll learn some terms and things that are asked in a BA interview for a job in Canada....

About Me: I have 8+ years of IT experince and arnd 6 years of BA experience....I was in USA for 5 years before coming to Canada...I took this course to enter Canada....

Hope this helps.....

Inbox me or ask your questions here....I'll try to answer.....

Best of Luck !!!

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Canada Hawk...Well college helps in posting the coop opportunities on their job portal....basically these are the same openings that you could find online too...so they are open to all....not sure if we are given any weightage when we apply through college job portal...

ythapar

Feb 23, 2015
@dks2323...Thanks for the detailed information...it is really very helpful!

I have one question though...since this course is for 3 semesters, do you sugest ppl with this course should go for another course for 4 months? Do you qualify for 3 years of OWP with a 4 semester course that conpletes in 16months? All in all how should one plan to stay longer since this course will give you 12months of OWP?

Appreciate your help!

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Ythapar.....doing the 4 months course(whih is the GAS course only, I think) does not gaurantee 3 years of OWP....its all your luck and what visa officer is thinking while stamping....ideally you shd NOT get 3 years of OWP after this as per the rules....but there are students who got it and there are cases who did not....so all depends on ur luck....

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Ythapar...one more thing as u asked how to stay longer....once u get a job and you are nowhere near getting the PR....you can go for closed work permit...closed work permit is comparitively easier to get.....but if you are on closed work permit then you can not switch job and you are tied to the employer who sponsors your closed work permit....

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would like to add one thing about the coop.....George Brown do get opportinities that are not available on internet....these are basically opportunities with their industry partners.....so it is really good for the students of this course....

Canada Hawk

Nov 18, 2014
That sounds encouraging :) Anyone going for this course in Sep 2015 intake?

dks2323 said:
I would like to add one thing about the coop.....George Brown do get opportinities that are not available on internet....these are basically opportunities with their industry partners.....so it is really good for the students of this course....

amardeep424

Feb 6, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Med's Done....
22-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
Guys.. HELP !!

I recently got my PR and plan to move to Canada.

I am thinking of enrolling for this program to upgrade my profile to help my in Job Search.

I have 4 years experience in IT Program Management with MBA and Btech.

Please suggest if it is a good idea. ::)

sumedhdesh

Nov 8, 2014
Hi all I am looking for the George Brown College for the same course.I have 1+ years of experience of testing and further would like to make my career as Business Analyst.
I just want to ask that does the course relevent for me?? and what are the Job opportunities available their after the course??

Thanks,
Sumedh

pratik1216

Jun 13, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Is anyone still active on this topic? Is the whats app group still active? please add me +91 9545720027

I am considering to apply for Jan 2016 intake

Best,
Pratik

keyur875

Aug 29, 2015
guys anyone know how Information Business Analysis course is??
from where should i do this course?
i have completed BCA and now i want to study in canada which course is preffered?
(except form programming)