+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
My point exactly. Because of guys like these, everyone has to suffer. Also abusing food banks is the worst thing that you can do as a foreign guest in another country.
Be careful. You will see folks on this forum jumping at your throat for pointing this out! Apparently, Indians are the saints of the world and can do no harm or crime and aren’t racist. You will be accused of being a “self-hating Indian” for actually pointing stuff like this out and calling out hypocrisy. What do you think is going to happen because of scumbags like him? The country will take a hard swing towards the right for immigration. It’s already happening and the sentiment is going to get worse. Pierre is going to take further measures against temporary workers and international students.

Reactions: Trayceee

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
My point exactly. Because of guys like these, everyone has to suffer. Also abusing food banks is the worst thing that you can do as a foreign guest in another country.
It depends upon purpose of food bank. Those in university is for students. Most of time stuff over there is just couple of days to weeks from being expired. We used to get stuff from my wife's university's food bank too. After the hoopla over students taking food from food bank, we stopped. Most times they just throw the food that does not gets consumed. A lot of perishables (like vegetables, bread, ready to eat meals) get thrown away to dumps because no one will take it. University food banks are not usually open to general public and are run by student organizations. Most of this stuff is actually unsold inventory from grocery markets.

Most bakeries / Delis open till a set time in evening. The left over is donated. Mostly to food banks and soup kitchens. Some just throw that in dump because they do not want to get into any legal entanglement on quality of food items.

If the food bank is for students then you are not really doing anything wrong by getting food from there as a student. The entire hoopla was people confusing which food banks student were taking food from. Even local students take food items from food banks.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
@santosh.dh

Here is what my wife's univ food bank says about itself : https://www.uvic.ca/sustainability/topics/waste/free-store/index.php

UVic's Free Store and Food Bank is located in the basement of the SUB Building (Room B007). The Free Store and Food Bank is run by a team of dedicated staff and volunteers, and offers all UVic campus members access to food essentials and free household items.

The initiative provides some financial relief for UVic's community members while encouraging further diversion of functional items from going to the landfill.

The store is open to students, faculty and staff
, and gladly accepts donations during regular hours. Not everything is accepted at the Free Store, so make sure to check their website for details.
1. Food bank is exclusive to student, faculty and staff. Meaning not only students but also paid staff of university and teachers as well can also take stuff from it. And yeah professors in University are paid more than 100K per year.
2. Food bank protects "functional items" (meaning food stuff with very little expiry time left) from landfill.

This hoopla is actually very stupid and should be pushed back against because it wastes food and that goes into landfill. There are some folks from India too who for some weird reason have taken an absolute liking of CH2 propaganda. Ultimately all of this hoopla is mindless propaganda targetting Indians.

Last edited:
Reactions: DesiPikachu

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
It depends upon purpose of food bank. Those in university is for students. Most of time stuff over there is just couple of days to weeks from being expired. We used to get stuff from my wife's university's food bank too. After the hoopla over students taking food from food bank, we stopped. Most times they just throw the food that does not gets consumed. A lot of perishables (like vegetables, bread, ready to eat meals) get thrown away to dumps because no one will take it. University food banks are not usually open to general public and are run by student organizations. Most of this stuff is actually unsold inventory from grocery markets.

Most bakeries / Delis open till a set time in evening. The left over is donated. Mostly to food banks and soup kitchens. Some just throw that in dump because they do not want to get into any legal entanglement on quality of food items.

If the food bank is for students then you are not really doing anything wrong by getting food from there as a student. The entire hoopla was people confusing which food banks student were taking food from. Even local students take food items from food banks.
I think what pisses people off is the fact when students present it as a cost saving measure. That being said, it gives racists a lot of reasons to hate us even more.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I think what pisses people off is the fact when students present it as a cost saving measure. That being said, it gives racists a lot of reasons to hate us even more.
Well students are NOT lying when they say it is a cost saving measure. The official position or purpose of food banks is to be a cost saving mechanism!

The initiative provides some financial relief for UVic's community members while encouraging further diversion of functional items from going to the landfill.
It is open to not only students but also to other staff and faculty in universities.

The CH2 membership is being a hypocrite about this.

As far as racist hating us goes, racist will hate you no matter what you do because they hate what you are. They hate that you are a brown guy in a white country. There is no working around that. Its that simple.

And then there is this time tested observation even in movies too : During downturns people always blame poor people and immigrants. Its nothing new.

Last edited:

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #294– April 23, 2024

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

General

Number of invitations issued:
2,095Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 2,095 or above

Date and time of round: April 23, 2024 at 16:54:59 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 529

Tie-breaking rule: November 08, 2023 at 17:50:29 UTC

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #294– April 23, 2024

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

General

Number of invitations issued:
2,095Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 2,095 or above

Date and time of round: April 23, 2024 at 16:54:59 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 529

Tie-breaking rule: November 08, 2023 at 17:50:29 UTC
I saw somewhere that EE general draws will account for only 25% of all EE ITAs that will be issued this year. Safe to expect that 529 CRS or more will stick around.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Be careful. You will see folks on this forum jumping at your throat for pointing this out! Apparently, Indians are the saints of the world and can do no harm or crime and aren’t racist. You will be accused of being a “self-hating Indian” for actually pointing stuff like this out and calling out hypocrisy. What do you think is going to happen because of scumbags like him? The country will take a hard swing towards the right for immigration. It’s already happening and the sentiment is going to get worse. Pierre is going to take further measures against temporary workers and international students.
Seems like the food bank video person got fired: https://www.reddit.com/r/kitchener/comments/1cazg30

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Last edited:
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
The lies as I expected, came down crashing..

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/India/indian-student-in-canada-viral-for-food-bank-video-sets-record-straight-debunks-fake-news-about-his-sacking-exclusive/ar-AA1nCXJs

Indian student in Canada, viral for food bank video, sets record straight, debunks fake news about his 'sacking'.
Mehul Prajapati the much maligned Indian Student.

1. He was only availing food from his university (Wilfrid Laurier University) run food assistance program!

The college website elucidates on the program. “LSPIRG and Martin Luther University College welcome you to our Free Weekly Distro program to combat food insecurity on campus. We provide free groceries and other essentials for Laurier and Luther students who need them,” it reads. The list also adds you must be a student of either college and have proper identification to avail this facility.

He even volunteered at the college's food programme and only wanted struggling students at his college to avail the benefits as cost of living in the country is not cheap.
I remember in his video he says "Talk to your seniors in university for the location of the food bank". Its clear which food bank he is referring to.

His situation is exactly same as my wife's. Accessing food programs run by university, open only the university affiliates.

2. He was NEVER a TD employee. The bank from where he was supposedly "fired". LOL!
Prajapati was never an employee of the bank. He was an intern for 17 weeks at the bank – his college course requires him to do two mandatory internships - and his stint ended in December 2023. Moneycontrol has checked and verified the documents regarding his internship.
3. He was not making CDN 98K. It was always a weird twist. How can a student make 98K while being a student?
Neither did he get paid Canadian Dollars 98,000 (Rs 59 lakh), as claimed by @Slatzism who only looked for a median salary at the bank, nor was he even employed at TD. And clearly not fired.
4. He was harrassed for absolutely no reason!
In the wake of the controversy, Prajapati found himself besieged by threats and hostility, prompting him to retreat from social media and shut himself inside his home since Friday.
5. He recieved threats.
Numerous hate messages, seen by Moneycontrol, have inundated Mehul’s inbox with people asking him to be “careful”, how they will “track him down” and the usual “go back to your country.”
6. Indian fukken Coconuts were also present in sending threats.
A few of the hate messages Mehul Prajapati has been receiving in his inbox from Indians and Canadians.

In this entire episode, the most deplorable pathetic worthless and absolute PoS are the Indians who were jumping on this guy. We know the kind, right? Those who join /r/CH2 worshiping the racists? Those who profess "Indians do not integrate into Canada", "Indians do not have FUKKEN mythical KANNNEDDIAN Values". T Yeah Canadian Values of hounding an innocent guy. Apparently some folks who love to suck on Canadian Values drunk the kool aid and jumped on this guy! You know this is often repeated cliche but it is true! The reason why Indians suffer is because a certain breed of Indians who want to be something totally different are at the forefront of hounding Indians. The coconuts. The Sahebs. The "Viceroys"...

One must wonder why do we produce these kind of idiots. The reason is simple. They are failures. They could not achieve anything worthwhile in their pathetic excuse of existance called life and want to take it out on someone or something they can disassociate with themself. And their ethnicity, nation and nationality becomes the perfect scapegoat.

Personally, I believe the way forward for rest of Indians is to boycott these Coconuts completely. Throw them out to wolves where they belong. Let them cultivate "KAWNEDIAN VALUES" and "Integrate to Max". Its a weird thing. What bothers me is not that one guy was hounded or it is bad etc. For past 1000 years or so we have seen that integrating into something else by hating yourself and your identity has never worked. Not even once. Eventually someone calls out the obvious and you are left alone. Why the fukken hell we forgot that? Should have been better than this. Really I thought we should have been better than this. It just makes me .... sad... i guess.

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
The lies as I expected, came down crashing..

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/India/indian-student-in-canada-viral-for-food-bank-video-sets-record-straight-debunks-fake-news-about-his-sacking-exclusive/ar-AA1nCXJs

Mehul Prajapati the much maligned Indian Student.

1. He was only availing food from his university (Wilfrid Laurier University) run food assistance program!

I remember in his video he says "Talk to your seniors in university for the location of the food bank". Its clear which food bank he is referring to.

His situation is exactly same as my wife's. Accessing food programs run by university, open only the university affiliates.

2. He was NEVER a TD employee. The bank from where he was supposedly "fired". LOL!

3. He was not making CDN 98K. It was always a weird twist. How can a student make 98K while being a student?

4. He was harrassed for absolutely no reason!

5. He recieved threats.

6. Indian fukken Coconuts were also present in sending threats.

In this entire episode, the most deplorable pathetic worthless and absolute PoS are the Indians who were jumping on this guy. We know the kind, right? Those who join /r/CH2 worshiping the racists? Those who profess "Indians do not integrate into Canada", "Indians do not have FUKKEN mythical KANNNEDDIAN Values". T Yeah Canadian Values of hounding an innocent guy. Apparently some folks who love to suck on Canadian Values drunk the kool aid and jumped on this guy! You know this is often repeated cliche but it is true! The reason why Indians suffer is because a certain breed of Indians who want to be something totally different are at the forefront of hounding Indians. The coconuts. The Sahebs. The "Viceroys"...

One must wonder why do we produce these kind of idiots. The reason is simple. They are failures. They could not achieve anything worthwhile in their pathetic excuse of existance called life and want to take it out on someone or something they can disassociate with themself. And their ethnicity, nation and nationality becomes the perfect scapegoat.

Personally, I believe the way forward for rest of Indians is to boycott these Coconuts completely. Throw them out to wolves where they belong. Let them cultivate "KAWNEDIAN VALUES" and "Integrate to Max". Its a weird thing. What bothers me is not that one guy was hounded or it is bad etc. For past 1000 years or so we have seen that integrating into something else by hating yourself and your identity has never worked. Not even once. Eventually someone calls out the obvious and you are left alone. Why the fukken hell we forgot that? Should have been better than this. Really I thought we should have been better than this.
If that's true, then it is very sad to see people seeking validation by spreading so much misinformation & hate about their own community.

Question is, how many of those here who abused him here would go on record and apologize for doing so?

It is one thing to fall for misinformation(I did too!), but repeatedly abusing and hating an entire nationality out of is simply bad. The lack of maturity and the absolutely blind hate has been disappointing.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
About the trend of hating someone/anyone, please reconsider it. You aren't doing anyone or even your loved ones any favor by doing so. While you are busy hating something or someone, a loved one is falling short on your attention/energy/etc.

Just lost someone yesterday. Not looking for sympathy, but writing it here to say that I cherished, saved, worked hard for it, collected, etc what I've got and I still find myself falling short on what I wanted from life. Over the last few years, I've been trying to save one thing or the other - and I still find myself at the mercy of randomness of life as things happen. Got a good career, married a sweetheart, did well financially, etc - and life still fucks you over for no reason.

I'm happy in general(not right now), but there are short bursts of extremely painful events that none us have any control over. With life being that way, how are people so much free to hate? Everything that makes us happy eventually leaves us in pain and unprepared. And, we can never do enough, nor there's a scale/framework that can tell you how well you did to even get any satisfaction. We will always fall short on what we can do for our loved ones. Every passing second, every passing minute, every passing hour, etc that one spends hating is time that you could've spend behind your loved ones.

Such short lives we've that are full of anxieties, uncertainties, and things beyond our control - please stop hating and do better. In the grand scale of life, why are we trying to find problems that aren't even worth a second of our lives? Life is unfair already as it is, but making ourselves miserable or taking the time away from our loved ones to do no good isn't worth it.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
SIN is a must, the PR card is dependent on IRCC, you must have a Canadian address on where they can ship the PR card. Other things that might interest you: getting a health card, and porting your driver's license .

1. I never did a soft landing, I landed here and that's it so can't comment on that. Nearly all banks have promotion for new comers, but be weary of the bank fees they're quite high, especially RBC which can't be waived. I suggest getting one from the big banks to get a waived annual fee in a credit card, then open in the online banks like Simplii or Tangerine to maximize the bonuses they give to new customers, they're free and no maintaining, so it's essentially free money.

2. Depends on how long, if you're looking to stay in your first province maybe 2-3 weeks then don't bother, but if you're staying like 2-3 months, it might be worth getting one. If you live in BC they have a 3 month wait period on the health card so it may not make sense to get one in BC if you're planning to switch provinces anyway. Also in BC they won't give you a health card OR a driver's license (the actual card), without a PR card unless you have another valid ID like a work permit, they just issue a temporary paper saying you have a health insurance and a driver's license. And the PR card can take quite a long time, IRCC took 10mos to ship mine. Each province has their own policies keep this in mind when you get a health card / driver's license.
Thanks for the answer. I guess I will make a credit card and use it to pay my Canadian phone number so that I have a credit history. But, regarding the annual fees, can it be waived every time? or just one time because of newcomer offer? Thanks for the online banks recommendation as well. I will look into it. What about investment broker for RRSP or TFSA which brokers are usually popular here?

My friend already received my PR card on their house.. so it's very fast for me. I don't know if I make a health card first before getting a job and settling down in a province permanently or after getting a job. I guess it's not that difficult to change health cards across province?

What else are good things to do during softlanding?