+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
I thought it was on hold for the system upgrade. I hope this upgrade makes up for the loss time. luckily, I got my own right before this occurred. Maybe someone should ask if this will help with processing times as well.

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Hey Guys,
I found this forum today and it looks really helpful.
So my case is that, my package for FBI PCC is delivered today(Sept 25, 2017) and I need to submit my documents with CIC untill Dec 20, 2017.
Reading through the discussion, I can understand that average wait time before receiving PCC is 2.5 months. But in some cases it seems to be more than 3 months. That is really disappointing.
Is contacting FBI via email or call is the only way to know which time frame applications are being processed?

Thanks,
Sid

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
The USPS receipt should do. The FD258 form means nothing. The USPS form and maybe contact the FBI through email for a status update and include that.
They do not provide specific status update until they've opened the packages. So except for delivery receipt there is no other specific confirmation you can have. Isn't that right?

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
They do not provide specific status update until they've opened the packages. So except for delivery receipt there is no other specific confirmation you can have. Isn't that right?
Thats correct. Did you enquire recently? If so what date are they saying they are opening right now? Last I asked, they were on 7th July.

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Thats correct. Did you enquire recently? If so what date are they saying they are opening right now? Last I asked, they were on 7th July.
No, I haven't. My package won't be opened until next month. If they are doing a software update, perhaps we should expect a few weeks of additional delay.

JacJ2017

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
You can check which packages are being opened to know when they get to September 25th. Its only when they open they can give you specific details. Also hopefully with this new system you may be lucky to get things faster. As for me fbi received mine july 19th and till now they are yet to open my package. I and another guy had to request for cic extension as we didn't meet our initial deadline to submit fbi report. Fingers crossed.
No, I haven't. My package won't be opened until next month. If they are doing a software update, perhaps we should expect a few weeks of additional delay.

Reactions: 000111222

thievaryx

May 6, 2017
Just called in right now. They are opening july 10th and then they are stopping for the new system. Told me to call back on or after october 6th.

kiranali

Jun 22, 2017
Can someone check if they have stopped opening the applications, I called them on Friday and they said they wont open anymore and they were processing July 7??

coming2canada

Aug 21, 2017
USPS Tracking shows my application was delivered on 10th July , today when I sent an email inquiring the status of my application.
I got below response ...has one seen this before ? is it normal?

Response from FBI is given below.....

Thank you for your inquiry,

We are unable to locate your request at this time.

The current processing time for an FBI Background Check is taking 12+ weeks to complete from the date the request was received. It can take 9+ weeks for a request to clear our security process, so we are not able to see the request in our system until then.

At this time we are opening mail we received on approximately 07/07/2017. We are unable to verify the delivery of a package until it is opened. If you submitted your request by courier (Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS), please view their web site to verify delivery.

Unfortunately, no requests can be expedited at this time due to the amount of work. All responses are mailed through the US Postal Service First Class Mail please allow standard mailing time (three weeks in the US and four weeks outside the US) to receive the response. There is no tracking number with the US Postal Service First Class Mail. Responses cannot be emailed.

When checking again for a status update, please be sure to supply your full name and date of birth.

JacJ2017

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
I called on Tuesday and they where opening 10th july. They will stop by tomorrow with opening to Accomodation the 2wks system upgrades n hope to continue by 6th October. They advised that processing will be 12-14wks instead of 10-12wks. This is assuming all goes well with the update and they dont end of using 1mth to achieve this.
Can someone check if they have stopped opening the applications, I called them on Friday and they said they wont open anymore and they were processing July 7??

JacJ2017

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Standard reply. They will only be able to know ur application after they open it and put in details on the system. Tell them u hve to wait.
USPS Tracking shows my application was delivered on 10th July , today when I sent an email inquiring the status of my application.
I got below response ...has one seen this before ? is it normal?

Response from FBI is given below.....

Thank you for your inquiry,

We are unable to locate your request at this time.

The current processing time for an FBI Background Check is taking 12+ weeks to complete from the date the request was received. It can take 9+ weeks for a request to clear our security process, so we are not able to see the request in our system until then.

At this time we are opening mail we received on approximately 07/07/2017. We are unable to verify the delivery of a package until it is opened. If you submitted your request by courier (Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS), please view their web site to verify delivery.

Unfortunately, no requests can be expedited at this time due to the amount of work. All responses are mailed through the US Postal Service First Class Mail please allow standard mailing time (three weeks in the US and four weeks outside the US) to receive the response. There is no tracking number with the US Postal Service First Class Mail. Responses cannot be emailed.

When checking again for a status update, please be sure to supply your full name and date of birth.