+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

TotalCanadian

Sep 26, 2017
Dear Forum members,

I suspect this question has been addressed before, but I couldn't find the answer.

If I live in the US (non citizen) and I will be applying for FBI PCC from the US without going back to my country, how recent should the FBI PCC be? Can I apply for FBI PCC now and apply for express entry in January 2018? FBI PCC will be approx. 3 months older than if I do it in January?

Thank you very much

TotalCanadian

Sep 26, 2017
Another question for the experienced forum members.

Would you recommend any fingerprint taking places in New York City. I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thank you !

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
It needs to be within 6 months when you apply for PR. So, based on current processing times, if you apply now, you will get yout PCC by January 2018, then you are good to go.
Where did you see this requirement?
I'm asking coz my AOR is late april and I didn't know I need the FBI one until late Aug (CIC didn't ask me for it yet), but I'll recieve probably after 6 months from my AOR...

sidharths84

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
The best place is always the police station. Call nearby police stations and ask if they provide ink fingerprinting.
I did get my finger prints from the local Police department ( Edison, NJ) . But the officer just signed the FD-258 on the card. There was no seal or any sealed envelope provided. Is it a accepted by FBI ?
For my wife, finger prints were taken at a private agency and they provided the card in a sealed envelope. I am confused now.

Please clarify if the FD-258 card should be issued in a sealed envelop.

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
I have done at NYPD of Manhattan, they provide LiveScan fingerprinting too which is more reliable!
Oh gosh, assuming LiveScan detects if the prints are good immediately, do that if you can! My prints that were done in ink by my local police department couldn't be read (my husband's were okay though) and even when I used a digital scanner via a channeler after finding that out, it took a bunch of tries to get the prints on my left hand. If LiveScan doesn't give immediate feedback on the print quality or it isn't an option, I definitely now recommend getting multiple cards done, unless you're a PR or citizen and can use a channeler like I did (Fieldprint seemed to have locations all over).

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
The requirement is that the PCC is issued no more than 6 months BEFORE the eAPR.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:
  • are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

Do you mean that you have already submitted your application without the FBI PCC?

yes.
but according to that, I need the 6 months thing only if I'm still living there, and I'm not. I've lived there in the past, so according to the 2nd paragraph I don't see any 6 months requirement...or am I wrong?

eliaa

Sep 28, 2017
Oh gosh, assuming LiveScan detects if the prints are good immediately, do that if you can! My prints that were done in ink by my local police department couldn't be read (my husband's were okay though) and even when I used a digital scanner via a channeler after finding that out, it took a bunch of tries to get the prints on my left hand. If LiveScan doesn't give immediate feedback on the print quality or it isn't an option, I definitely now recommend getting multiple cards done, unless you're a PR or citizen and can use a channeler like I did (Fieldprint seemed to have locations all over).
Yes, it gives you the feedback right away.

Reactions: moose17

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Posting to subscribe. I sent Fingerprinting on 17July, was expecting credit card charge around 23 Sep assuming packet reaching at FBI on 20-23 July and 2 months since.

I guess now I should expect CC charge around 15 Oct?

JacJ2017

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Did u call fbi to check on your package. As at last week Friday they where on july 10th.
Posting to subscribe. I sent Fingerprinting on 17July, was expecting credit card charge around 23 Sep assuming packet reaching at FBI on 20-23 July and 2 months since.

I guess now I should expect CC charge around 15 Oct?

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Courier delivered on 21-Jul-17

Expectation was that card would be charged first week of October... But I guess that's delayed now

JacJ2017

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Got a mail from them. They are still july 10th. So i guess its all suspended. And they said 12-14 weeks now....lol. I am already 11weeks waiting for fbi and they still have not gotten to me.
I am in India on vacation, and will return in 2 weeks. If the CC isn't charged by then, then i may call FBI.

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
FBI received application on 16th August. I have my ITA expiry date as 22 Nov.

Is there any chance I can receive my clearance before the 22nd Nov with the current timelines?

please help.

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
FBI received application on 16th August. I have my ITA expiry date as 22 Nov.

Is there any chance I can receive my clearance before the 22nd Nov with the current timelines?

please help.
u will get extra time to submitfbi pcc afteru submit ur e-apr with loe about the delay. i got 60 days and i need to submit pcc till 22 nov. my application reached fbi on 14th july..so i am in a more tough place than you. so relax a bit.