+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearance in US

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got another reply from FBI stating that my request is not in their system and not being processed. I guess we have no option but to wait. I'll probably follow up in the end of jan to find out the status then.

A

anushauc

garian4u said:
No progress anushauc. I have given up hope and have made up my mind to wait for a clear 4 weeks before contacting the FBI again. I somehow feel that they are purposefully delaying the cases, to stop the exodus of skilled workers from US to Canada. And I also feel that they maybe delaying cases who are making too many enquiries on Case status. So, I am going on mute.
Maybe what u r saying is correct ! But is ure case not even on their system ??? Thats not possible going by my timelines. We sent mine and my husbands separately and both of them have been making the same progress ...
Chk if they want u to reapply if its not in their system yet

mwongel

Aug 9, 2009
Hi Friends,

I just submitted my finger prints for the 3rd time. Yes...3rd time..because the FBI has been rejecting the prints. Anyway, my lawyer says that we can submit the full application along with a copy of the check / money order for $18 as proof that we are waiting for the FBI to send the certificate.

Good luck

A

anushauc

I got my prints done thru L1 enrollment . I sent it to some states and FBI and did not have any issues with prints .
You might want to try them

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went to the local police station. They do fingerprint service and have certified people to do that. If their prints are rejected by any law enforcement agency, as a fellow law enforcement, they redo them free. I have done that before for FBI once before and for state clearance too and they have never been rejected

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mwongel said:
Hi Friends,

I just submitted my finger prints for the 3rd time. Yes...3rd time..because the FBI has been rejecting the prints. Anyway, my lawyer says that we can submit the full application along with a copy of the check / money order for $18 as proof that we are waiting for the FBI to send the certificate.

Good luck
You can submit 2 other proofs - 1. If you have a delivery confirmation that your fingerprint PCC request was received by the FBI (you could get that only if you had used Priority / Express / First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation or a courier company)
2. If you write an e-mail to FBI CJIS and they acknowledge that they have your request in the system. A printout of that e-mail

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anushauc said:
Maybe what u r saying is correct ! But is ure case not even on their system ??? Thats not possible going by my timelines. We sent mine and my husbands separately and both of them have been making the same progress ...
Chk if they want u to reapply if its not in their system yet
No, anushauc, my request is in their system, but not entered into their processing database (that happens when it is picked up for processing). I have asked several times, if I should resend and they have advised against it.

arsn21

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys/Gals,

Need some input fomr you file folks.

I am awaiting AINP nomination and dont expect that for another 3 months. WIth all the delays that I am reading about should I apply for FBI clearence now? I just want want teh FBI cleaence to expire before I can send it to CIC. They are only valid for 3 months right ?

Also under what situation a state level police certificate is required by CIC ?

Please advise thanks

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations anushauc !!! So, all the assurance by their Customer service that it will be mailed on 12th Jan was all fake. They really don't want anyone to know about the processing timelines, I guess. Did it come by regular mail or did they use FedEx? Also, by looking at the mail's postage stamp is it possible for you to tell on what date exactly was it mailed out? This gives me the creeps, my application was with them on 2nd Nov and they have not even picked it up till now.

A

anushauc

The doc is with my cousin in Maryland. They send me a scanned image and here are the dates on the doc

1. Below the letter head the date is Jan 5th 2010
2. Then in the subject it says

Name Recd On Returned Result
XXXXX 11-10-2009 12-31-2009 No arrest Record- FBI

3. In the footer area of the same page there is a date stamp of Jan 06 2010
4. The stamp on the envelope is 7th Jan 2010

It was sent regular mail ..

Here is what baffles me .. I called them more than couple of times on the 6, 7 and 8th and each time they gave me the date of Jan 12th .. How did they not even know that the docs went out when I called them on the 8th !

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amazing anushauc. Did you notice that they did complete your request in exactly 8 weeks from receipt, which means they never slipped on the deadlines of 8-10 weeks. And still, more amazingly I have completed 10 weeks. Seeing all this, I don't think I can even trust what Cust service is saying. Their cust service seems to be an eyewash. Just as they kept telling that your case is yet to be sent out, while it was already sent out, who knows if my case is already into processing, but they will keep saying that it has not been picked up yet OR, my case is not even logged into their system, just who knows... This is totally unreliable. They are just playing hard for reasons best known to them.

A

anushauc

True .. All this after I had given an expedite request deadline of the 10th Dec ...
Did u request for ure case to be expedited in ure request ?

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
hi AMAY! I have a question... I chose Manila as my Visa Office and I will just submit my docs to SN Canada nxt wk. Im here in USA for 2.5yrs and returning back to Manila on June of this year... so what FBI will I present? here in USA or both... just anticipating the docs they might request before I leave US.

Thanks

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
or any info from all of u here... thanks! :)