+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearance in US

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has to do something with increase in Canadian immigration applications from the US. Last year, exactly around the same time I had applied for FBI PCC and had got it in 10 calendar days (not business days). This year, it has been 7 calendar weeks and still processing has not started. Pasi, you were lucky.

A

anushauc

Hi,

My record is finally in the FBI system .. I am relieved they atleast have it ..
Timeframe for the entire process in 8-10 weeks , but I am calling them almost everyday to understnad whats going on .
I get the same answer " Its getting processed . Process has various stages and it takes between 8-10 weeks " .. But I keep trying everyday in the hope that I hear something more than that from soneone more helpful !
Has anybody who applied in Nov gotten it yet ?

A

anushauc

Spoke with FBI just now . Thye confirm that my record is in the final stages and should be sent back to me around 30th Dec depending on the quality of my fingerprints.
They send it back regular mail. We can change that by opening a Fedex account and sending that account # by mail to liaison@leo.gov and request them to send the FBI record by Fedex. That way we get the record in a day or 2

Cheers

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great Update anushauc :) When was your request received by the FBI. Mine was received on 2nd Nov. My payment method was Credit Card and my Credit card has not been charged yet. So, was wondering if I can calculate my timeframes by comparing with yours. Also, I couldn't understand the FedEx method. Does that mean that the courier charges will be applied to our account? I have a FedEx account and can give that but just wanted to understand the process first. Thanks in advance for any insight that you can provide.

A

anushauc

My request was recd by FBI on Nov 11th .
The cm service folks saw it logged in their system Dec 18th
The request will move to the last stage on processing on Dec 30th depending on the quality of the fingerprints

Whats FBI saying abt ure case ?

Fedex: The cm serv rep asked to open an account with Fedex ( which means giving ure credit card details as well to Fedex while opening the account ). Mail the account details to FBI Liaison ID and request FBI to send the FBI clearance certificate by Fedex. Your account with Fedex will be charged for the cost of the courier .

amay

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
02-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
29-Mar-2010
Med's Request
04-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
26-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Aug-2011
Hello,

I received my FBI police certificates on Monday 21-Dec. My application was received by them on 9th Oct. Good luck to all those who are waiting.

Thanks,
amay

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anushauc said:
My request was recd by FBI on Nov 11th .
The cm service folks saw it logged in their system Dec 18th
The request will move to the last stage on processing on Dec 30th depending on the quality of the fingerprints

Whats FBI saying abt ure case ?

Fedex: The cm serv rep asked to open an account with Fedex ( which means giving ure credit card details as well to Fedex while opening the account ). Mail the account details to FBI Liaison ID and request FBI to send the FBI clearance certificate by Fedex. Your account with Fedex will be charged for the cost of the courier .
Anushauc, I have not been able to reach the FBI over the phone. But, the e-mail responses have been like this - on 14th Dec the reply said not yet logged into their system, while the reply of 21st Dec said logged into the system. Now, I do not know when exactly between 14 and 21, was it logged. If I were to go by your case then, mine was received by them 9 days before yours, so mine should have been into final stages on 21st Dec, but even my Credit card hasn't been charged yet. I guess Credit card cases are delayed. If you see Amay's case, it took a little more than 10 weeks for him to receive his. Mine is just 7.5 weeks. Yours will be finalized in 7 weeks, so you are lucky.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
garian4u said:
Anushauc, I have not been able to reach the FBI over the phone. But, the e-mail responses have been like this - on 14th Dec the reply said not yet logged into their system, while the reply of 21st Dec said logged into the system. Now, I do not know when exactly between 14 and 21, was it logged. If I were to go by your case then, mine was received by them 9 days before yours, so mine should have been into final stages on 21st Dec, but even my Credit card hasn't been charged yet. I guess Credit card cases are delayed. If you see Amay's case, it took a little more than 10 weeks for him to receive his. Mine is just 7.5 weeks. Yours will be finalized in 7 weeks, so you are lucky.
I think they take longer time if you pay with a credit card. They also mention in their form/website that they cannot accept expedited processing requests for credit card payments.

A

anushauc

Correct .. They do not accept credit card payments for expedite request ..
But even the cashiers check case does not seem to be expedited :( the cm serv rep told me it should be done by the 30th but dunno if thats actually gonna happen
I do know that the fingerprinting dept works 24x7 and are off only on Christmas n New years , so our processing does not get too much affected b'coz of the holidays ...

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Yes. I sent my fingerprint card on the 18th December. I am requesting FBI clearance for a second time now. I sent a "NO Arrest" stamped fingerprint with my initial application last year (November 2008) but now the Detroit consulate has asked me to submit an updated FBI clearance. I guess they did it because it has been over a year since I sent in all the documents. The whole process is just getting more and more frustrating.

deardhir

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-SEP-2009
Doc's Request.
19-NOV-2009
AOR Received.
14-APR-2010, In Process 08-SEP-2010
Med's Request
14-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
04-OCT-2010
Passport Req..
18-NOV-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-NOV-2010
LANDED..........
03-JUN-2011
Hi,
I sent the request for FBI PCC on 11/23 by overnight courier. I sent a money order along with it. I just checked that the money order has not been presented for cashing (through moneygram status tracking).

Does anyone know when does FBI present the money order for cashing? Is it when they enter the information in their system (in the queue), or when the actual background check is done?

Thanks!

A

anushauc

Have you spoken to FBI cm serv on the status of ure application n do they have it in their system ?
I am given to understand by them that the check is encashed in the last stage, after they make sure that ure fingerprint card is of proper quality n readable

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just spoke with FBI. Definitely Credit Card is the culprit. Though I don't understand the difference in response in the e-mail and over the phone. The customer service rep told me my request has still not entered into their system, but confirmed it was received on 11/2. The e-mail response had however said that my request had entered the system. But, the rep said that I will get my results by the end of the 10th week. Kind of strange. 11th Nov case entered their system on 18th Dec, but 2nd Nov case hasn't by 28th Dec, so we are already talking of a gap of at least 20 days and maybe more. Sincere advise to all, if you have not applied yet, then do not use a Credit Card for applying. Use Cashier's check instead.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
I have used Amscot money order in the past. It's free, and it worked.

A

anushauc

Dont understand, how they are able to tell u they recd it on the 2nd of Nov if it is not in the system !

garian4u said:
Just spoke with FBI. Definitely Credit Card is the culprit. Though I don't understand the difference in response in the e-mail and over the phone. The customer service rep told me my request has still not entered into their system, but confirmed it was received on 11/2. The e-mail response had however said that my request had entered the system. But, the rep said that I will get my results by the end of the 10th week. Kind of strange. 11th Nov case entered their system on 18th Dec, but 2nd Nov case hasn't by 28th Dec, so we are already talking of a gap of at least 20 days and maybe more. Sincere advise to all, if you have not applied yet, then do not use a Credit Card for applying. Use Cashier's check instead.