+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearance in US

A

anushauc

Hi,

I am still waiting for my FBI clearance. I have all the other docs that we need for Stage 2 submission to local office , and the FBI doc is the only one pending
I have been speaking with FBI customer service almost everyday and have emailed them as well ..
Does anyone have any other means of following up ?

I wrote my immigration deadline on the form n the envelope as well as 10th December.
Application reached them on 10th Nov... They still haven't got it in their system as of yesterday
The processing time now is 10-12 weeks now acc to them :(
Is there any way we can get the same expedited ?

Cheers

maira22

May 6, 2009
Have you heard anything back from the FBI?

I am in the sameboat and haven't received anything them from yet.

What have they been telling you

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
I got my FBI certificate without any issues in 4 weeks. My suggestion is, for any sake do not miss the 120 days. Do any kind of followups to get the PCC. If you think you will not be able to make it, I think it is better to send the forms to your visa office with a cover letter to send the FBI PCC later (once you get it).

Alpha Romeo

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/27/2009
AOR Received.
03/03/2009
File Transfer...
10/08/2009
Med's Request
07/13/11
Med's Done....
08/17/11
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
01/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
1/30/12
LANDED..........
03/17/2012
You can send all police clearance certificate at a later stage of your application. That's what my lawyer did on my application. Just write a letter explaining your situation. Don't miss the 120 days, there will be no excuses on this one.

maira22

May 6, 2009
I called the FBI today, and they still don't have me in the system. I sent it on October 20th and find it really odd that they aren't able to get back to me. I resent another one using priority mail and it reached them on Nov 15th. I am hoping they process either one and send me response so I can make my 120 days mark. In addition, as a back up I am also getting police reports for all states I have lived in case the FBI report does not come on time.

Please advise if anyone else has done something different.

Thanks!

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Good, keep going and let us hope FBI processes your new application in time and responds to you. But make sure that you are not missing your 120 days time. If you miss that, you have to start your process all through again by submitting you initial docs to CIO. If you are not getting the FBI PCC within that time, go ahead and send your docs with an explanation letter. Thats my suggestion.

hirentank

Sep 7, 2009
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landing on 16th Jan, 11.
anushauc, maira22,

i am also in the same boat, my request for FBI clearance reached on 17 Nov and they yet don't have me in their system,
and to make things worst I have mailed them from India, will have to consider additional postal delays.

can they contacted by e-mail, do any of you have their e-mail ID??

as Pasi have suggested, i will be mailing my full appn to CHC on 120 days mark, for me it's second week of March.

A

anushauc

Hi .. Yes they can be contacted by email as well ..
Liaison@leo.gov is the mail ID ..
They will reply to you , but they cant speeden the process looks like :( Haven't 8) had any luck yet !
Lemme know how it goes ...
Good luck :)

lekkhram

Dec 14, 2009
Hi I was also facing the same situation couple of days ago. But I sent all my documents to CHC other than FBI and I enclosed a Mail Slip and Deliver confirmation from that courier service to FBI. I got my FBI letter exactly after 4 weeks and I resent the lt CHC after that. So go ahead...

amay

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
02-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
29-Mar-2010
Med's Request
04-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
26-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Aug-2011
Friends,

At the moment I am in UK. But I am an Indian national and stayed in USA for 3.5 years. I am also waiting for my FBI clearance since last 2 months. My first application reached them on 9th Oct and I sent another on 29th Oct since my first application had mistakes thanks to my Fedex agent who interchanged my FBI and Texas documents. I call FBI at least twice a week and the only answer I get is that they received application on 9th Oct and that it is in process. I was hoping to send my full docs before Christmas. The only thing I am waiting for is FBI PCC. Now I don't think I can make it before Christmas.

Thanks,
amay

A

anushauc

Hi .. I spoke with FBI today and they told me they are currently processing docs recd between the 17th and the 21st .. U shud get ures soon if this is the case :)

shirinsyeda

Dec 11, 2009
@anusha.. hi ..thanks for ur information ... i had sen my request on 19th anit reached on 20th oct. so i m hopeful to get it within next couple of weeks . pls inform us if you get your ones .

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Hi Guys,
My Application for Fingerprinting to the FBI was received by them on November 5th. Still did not get any feedback. Would you please tell me the phone number to speak with them? did you guys get the report yet?

The email mentioned Liaison @ leo.gov is valid to talk with them?

Best regards,
Sohail

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
Here is the phone number (304-625-5590). Sometimes they keep you on hold for too long. If that's the case leave a message with your phone number and they will get back to you within 24 hours.