+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

extending stay Please HELP!!

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
one more concern...please anyone give me some advise..as you well know the extension of stay is sent and we are still awaiting decision.It has been 3 weeks and no response yet..apart from that my concern is the about the question of employment in the last 10 years.My fiance has quite a number of jobs as well as duration of these jobs during this time frame.but his most current job had to be stated as unemployed because obviously he isn't working.he has been staying with me in Canada the last 6 months. and furthermore he quit his last job because he was going through personal issues as well.death in the family and a divorce proceedings on top of it all.i know that is irrelevant but i need to know if there is going to be a problem with him extending his stay here now due to his unemployment( a strong tie to home country) I'm very worried now he will be refused based on this even though we are doing the PR process ...any hope here? and if he is refused can he apply for restoration within 90 days? please need help very worried here:(

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
With a PR app in process and proof of sufficient finances, there is very little chance of refusal.

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Hi everyone I'm still waiting for my partners extension decision. It's seems like it's taking much longer than expected which of course is a good thing lol but my question is about the processing time again. It has jumped to a longer period now and says that paper applications received on August 2 are now only being processed at the moment. My partners was received and signed in vegreville a few days before sept 12th which of course was his expiry of status date..... Does this mean I don't have to stress until processing times are updated for the month of September and the said applications are being processed... Sorry to bug but Been quite anxious thank you

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Hey everyone just checking in and was wondering should I call the call centre due to the very long processing time for my partners extension. I have received no emails and have checked the current processing times for mailed(paper ) applications. They are currently on August 15 now . They signed and received sept 7th :/ my partners visa expired sept 12th. Is a restoration in order or am I panicking for nothing and should just wait until I hear from them? I'm overthinking again lol and thinking they lost the application etc. is this long processing time normal?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
valkyrie79 said:
Hey everyone just checking in and was wondering should I call the call centre due to the very long processing time for my partners extension. I have received no emails and have checked the current processing times for mailed(paper ) applications. They are currently on August 15 now . They signed and received sept 7th :/ my partners visa expired sept 12th. Is a restoration in order or am I panicking for nothing and should just wait until I hear from them? I'm overthinking again lol and thinking they lost the application etc. is this long processing time normal?
You are panicking for nothing. He currently has Implied Status. As I said before, they will get to it when they get to it.

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Hey everyone just an update! We finally received the extension decision ...my partner got 6 months! Mind you we asked for a year but we are still really happy with the outcome... Now we can finally have a proper wedding and apply for sponsorship and down the road ask for another extension to stay during his pr process! Thanks so much to all of you that have helped us! I know it's just the beginning lol anyway just ranting now... Haha thank you all once again!

mca0124

Oct 29, 2013
Can you please advise how did you fill out the extension(online) ? I'm trying to do it but cannot locate extension option. It's essentially new application all over again

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mca0124 said:
Can you please advise how did you fill out the extension(online) ? I'm trying to do it but cannot locate extension option. It's essentially new application all over again
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend/visa.asp

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
So I just wanted to confirm with you guys what a temporary visa looks like and I need to know if that is what I have..visitor record is written on top client info etc, additional info date issued 2014/11/14, exp date 2015/05/13, case type xxx,in force from 2014/11/14..... Conditions unless authorized prohibited from employment or attending any educational institution etc , remarks: temp resident status maintained as per r183(6), this does not authorize re entry and on the very bottom it says establishe by the minister of citizenship and immigration, property of government of Canada... Is this a temp visa and am I able to apply again before the expiry?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
valkyrie79 said:
So I just wanted to confirm with you guys what a temporary visa looks like and I need to know if that is what I have..visitor record is written on top client info etc, additional info date issued 2014/11/14, exp date 2015/05/13, case type xxx,in force from 2014/11/14..... Conditions unless authorized prohibited from employment or attending any educational institution etc , remarks: temp resident status maintained as per r183(6), this does not authorize re entry and on the very bottom it says establishe by the minister of citizenship and immigration, property of government of Canada... Is this a temp visa and am I able to apply again before the expiry?
A visa is what allows a person to ENTER Canada. You have a Visitor Record, which allows you to STAY in Canada. Yes, it can be extended prior to expiring, just as you previously extended it.