+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

extending stay Please HELP!!

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
thank you! one more concern and I hope it won't be a problem.on the application where it says to write family name and given name...My fiance accidentally wrote out full name on the family name box...he applied a tiny bit of paper white out to erase the full name.is this going to be an issue? also in parts that can't be filled out does he just write n/a? thanks and I'm off to the post in 2 hours!

castropolitan

Sep 3, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
yes, extension are granted when people mention pr applications and plans to get married. i would suggest also including any receipts for payments for the wedding, if you happen to be doing a rception somewhere. ask for 12 months. for PR applicants, it's rarely denied. show them any proof you have about intentions to apply, and supporting doucments about your financial means. if you are getting married, there is no need to ask for time to establish commonlaw, as it won't matter any more. pick 1: either your plans to get married OR plans to establish commonlaw. it can not be both, as you can not apply for both types of PR.
Hi, i have been reading your answer to this couple, and help me a lot.. i just have the doubt between Visitor Visa and TRV.. my working visa expired in dec 03, my TRV expired in nov 11.. BUT I HAVE A FAMILY MEETING IN NYC, FOR CHRISTMAS.. so i need a multientry option, i will apply for a PR inland before my working permit expired, so i will get the implied status for work..
But in the other hand i wanna have a multientry visa so i can go out for christmas..
I hope this work, please give me an advice..
As i have been reading, TRV is so complicated, and many refusal in the OWP... so i want the visitor visa, but dont know if i missing something that can be against me.

Thanks
Susana

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
just an update..finally sent everything off on friday...now its the horrible waiting game on decision:s..extension will be delivered on tuesday as I payed priority post 40 dollars extra.so it will be there before my partners expiry.now.. I'm wondering about the processing time. it says 30 days so does that mean they won't make a decision for 30 days or so? Also my partner told them the truth in the purpose of visit box? to remain with my partner to get married and need additional time for pr process....there was no more room to write anything else so he wrote a handwritten letter explaining better and asking nicely.that question of funds available and the employment history question scared us.in the funds available i wrote my monthly net income of 1664.00 .I'm afraid they won't think my income is sufficient alone:( My mom and my aunt also submitted handwritten letters promising support for my partner as well. and we paid all the pr fees upfront and included copies of receipts.the above 3 questions are worrying me especially the last one of the employment history as my partner is currently unemployed for over a year now due to personal issues..divorce,death in the family etc..Anyway i can mull over everything until my brain bleeds which isn't going to help either of us...please wish us luck and send us good thoughts until this decision is made:( thanks to everyone for your help! P.s excuse my typing as i'M still quite stressed out about all of this...:(

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
30 days currently for processing...it seems like my partners time will be cut shorter if decision is bad:( 2 or 3 days ago it was 55! I just hope honesty is truly the best policy..thanks everyone especially canuckinuk for helping me substantially through this:)

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
good news and bad as per usual...My fiances application has been received in vegreville a day earlier than expected.now for the bad news..I just reviewed my fiances application (copy I made) and he forgot to write n/a on one question...:"( if married or in a common law relationship Is your spouse or common law partner a Canadian resident? :O omg is this going to be a massive issue? He stated in his separate letter that I am his canadian partner but the fact he didn't write anything for that question on the application itself are they going to refuse it automatically now?? so scared and feel so stupid as I missed it when I was looking it over at the post office...too late now..anyone ever leave out one thing on app and get refused or had their application sent back to them??? please anyone help me:(

castropolitan

Sep 3, 2014
Wow.. i have been reading your post.. my good!! I hope that is just a delay, for incomplete application.. Hope someone who knows better answer soon..

Did you apply for WP too? or just visitor extension? online, or by paper?

hope every thing work out somehow
Sus

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
valkyrie79 said:
good news and bad as per usual...My fiances application has been received in vegreville a day earlier than expected.now for the bad news..I just reviewed my fiances application (copy I made) and he forgot to write n/a on one question...:"( if married or in a common law relationship Is your spouse or common law partner a Canadian resident? :O omg is this going to be a massive issue? He stated in his separate letter that I am his canadian partner but the fact he didn't write anything for that question on the application itself are they going to refuse it automatically now?? so scared and feel so stupid as I missed it when I was looking it over at the post office...too late now..anyone ever leave out one thing on app and get refused or had their application sent back to them??? please anyone help me:(
It should be fine, don't stress. On the VERY off chance that they return the app, he doesn't need to immediately leave Canada. He can reapply for the extension, asking for restoration of status.

castropolitan

Sep 3, 2014
did you call cic to ask about?.. may be just cause a delay..
or in the scenary they send you back your aplication, may be they give you some day to fix it?...

why you didnt apply online?

i dont know what to told you to make you feel better.. just faith, something good will show up

Susana

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
thanks canuckinuk...I hope and pray everything will be ok and they will look past that small error as its stated in letter anyway that my fiance wrote.and Sus I couldn't apply online or pay fees online because I didn't have a credit card.I had to do it the hard way lol..send for cic receipts,pay fees at the bank and so on...I hope I can catch a break from all of this..

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
hi everyone..so I called CIC about the left out question on application and she did say it is definitely a reason to send my partners application back but she proceeded to tell me that if its stated in the letter of my canadian status then it shouldn't be a problem.The worst case scenario would be that they have it returned. reapply a long with restoration of status within 90 days as canuckinuk said. I hope that's not the case but so be it..btw the cic agent was really nice:)

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
hey, can someone kindly explain to me about processing times.I thought it would take my fiances decision on paper application for extension in 30 days.I looked just now and it says 62 days now? Does my partner have implied status for 62 days now until it changes again? I'm confused lol :s

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
valkyrie79 said:
hey, can someone kindly explain to me about processing times.I thought it would take my fiances decision on paper application for extension in 30 days.I looked just now and it says 62 days now? Does my partner have implied status for 62 days now until it changes again? I'm confused lol :s
Processing times change quite frequently. It doesn't matter what the posted time is; your partner will have Implied Status until a decision is made on the extension, regardless of how long it takes.