+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

extending stay Please HELP!!

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
ok thank you and even by mail? I'm 4 days under the 30 day mark now.starting to get anxious as i'm still waiting on receipts.also.. if I send my application and receipts in by courier ,how long do you think it will take to be delivered? and once its been delivered and we get confirmation it has been delivered by the courier service is my partner still implied status? and how long does it take to reach a decision? thanks again for your patience lol

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
valkyrie79 said:
ok thank you and even by mail? I'm 4 days under the 30 day mark now.starting to get anxious as i'm still waiting on receipts.also.. if I send my application and receipts in by courier ,how long do you think it will take to be delivered? and once its been delivered and we get confirmation it has been delivered by the courier service is my partner still implied status? and how long does it take to reach a decision? thanks again for your patience lol
As I said, you can apply up until the day before his status expires.

Ask the courier service.

Your partner will be on Implied Status after his current status expires and until he has a decision on the extension app.

Processing times http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMation/times/temp.asp. See for "Visitor Extension".

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
I need urgent help please!:( my fee receipts have not arrived yet.I'm 6 days late from the supposed 30 day mark and now to make matters worse my financial institution does not support cic immigration fee receipts.Can my mother pay the fees through her bank? She was also willing to put me on her bank account as well if need be... also can i use the fastest postal service like priority post so my application will be delivered much faster.I'm willing to pay extra if so...thanks once again!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
yes, your mother can pay the fees. CIC doesn't care WHO pays, just as long as they are paid.

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
ok that eases my mind a little bit but what about the courier? lets say if I receive receipts by next week will I still be able to get it delivered on time? This is the only thing now that has me worried sick.I'm so afraid that cic won't receive it before my partners visa expires on sept 12th:( Should I send restoration of status application to be safe as well as extension now?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
valkyrie79 said:
ok that eases my mind a little bit but what about the courier? lets say if I receive receipts by next week will I still be able to get it delivered on time? This is the only thing now that has me worried sick.I'm so afraid that cic won't receive it before my partners visa expires on sept 12th:( Should I send restoration of status application to be safe as well as extension now?
You really need to stop worrying and just relax.

Why don't you just apply online? Much easier and no worries about having to mail it.

If you do decide to mail a paper app, CIC will go by the postmark on the application. As long as you mail it by Sept 11th, it's FINE. It's your choice whether to courier it or not. Canada Post offers next day or 2 day services.

Do NOT send a restoration request; you would only cause confusion with the app.

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
ok...So i will update on good news and bad news.I finally got all my receipts to be sent off with extension application.I will be sending everything off on Tuesday by courier.They told me it should take about 3 days which is plenty of time before my fiances visitors visa expires.I called CiC phone center once again just to let them know I'm sending extension as well as copies of receipts for PR as well.I know I have went on about this before but now this agent is telling me once extension is received my partner will be implied status until they reach a decision in which by mail application will give a bit of time hopefully.Now with that I mentioned the reasoning for extension..to get married and to ask to be granted 6 months to a year to stay in order to complete the PR process.He said very stearnly..your partner is a visitor only.If his extension is granted then He must leave on the assigned expiry date.and furthermore asking to stay longer to get married and PR process is not acceptable.YOU have to have a better reason to stay for ex work permit etc.....Then he said family class sponsorshiup does not allow him to stay in canada.....I am at my wits end with worry now and I have to question what is the purpose of all of this?and why am i getting different information from different cic phone agents? confused and heartbroken at the moment..Can someone tell me how I can successfully get my husband to be to stay with me here in canada?? I've done everything right.I've payed sponsorship and PR fees up front. and what is the point of sponsoring my husband and proving we have a genuine relationship if in fact he cannot stay with me in canada?Please anyone that has been successful during this grueling process please give me some hope or better yet truth to all of this before I absolutely lose my mind...thank you for your time

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
valkyrie79 said:
and why am i getting different information from different cic phone agents? confused and heartbroken at the moment..Can someone tell me how I can successfully get my husband to be to stay with me here in canada?? I've done everything right.I've payed sponsorship and PR fees up front. and what is the point of sponsoring my husband and proving we have a genuine relationship if in fact he cannot stay with me in canada?
Ignore what that the call centre agent told you and don't ever call them again. They are not trained visa officers and have no idea what constitutes a good reason for an extension. As evidenced by the MANY, MANY people on this forum who have applied for and received extensions of up to a year or more using EXACTLY that reason, it is definitely valid. Submit your app as you were going to, though I suggest asking for a one year extension instead of 6 months.

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
ok....I need one more request for help.i need to know what my fiance has to say in reason to stay apart from wanting 12 months extension in order to get married and so forth.Also what can I say in my own letter apart from attaching my employers letter and my bank statements to show cic that he is being provided for? and my moms letter explaining that she will undertake as well.Does she need a copy of bank statement or can she just state her salary in the letter? Please i need help with these letters and how to word it properly as I don't want to make any mistakes or say anything wrong:s so I start with to whom it may concern ..do I keep it simple or will I elaborate? and does anyone know the processing time for mail applications? last i heard it was 52 days so does that mean my fiance will have implied status for 52 days? sorry for all the questions and worries.I just want to do this right.thank you for your help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Keep it simple.

All he needs to say is that he is getting married and would like to stay with his spouse in Canada while applying for spousal sponsorship, nothing more.

You can say that you will be supporting him financially while sponsoring him for PR.

Your mom can say that she will help with any financial support for her son-in-law while he waits for PR. It's not a bad idea to have a copy of your mom's bank statement if she has a healthy balance.

See here for processing times. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
ok can someone please tell me if this is suitable for my moms letter to cic mind you its just a rough draft If I need to include anything else please let me know.... To whom it may concern: This letter is to confirm that my daughters fiance (name) will be staying with me and my sister during his stay in canada.We will be providing for him financially during his stay.both my daughter and(name) will be staying rent free.If you have any concerns please contact me at ( phone number etc.)

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
my letter... to whom it may concern.This letter is to confirm that I will be providing financially for my fiance during his stay in Canada. I work full time and have my employers letter/bank statement enclosed.If there are any concerns please contact me at(phone number etc..)......

p.s Should i mention in my letter that we are getting married and would like for my soon to be husband to remain here in canada with me during the pr process?....

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
and now for my partners letter..To whom it may concern, I (name ) am asking to extend my stay here in Canada.My fiance and I are getting married this month and applying for spousal sponsorship immediately after.I would ask to be granted 12 months to remain with my partner and to gather the necessary documents for the PR process.I have already paid fees up front (receipts are enclosed.) thank you and if you have any concerns please contact me at(phone number etc.)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, you should mention in your letter that you are getting married and will be sponsoring him for PR. Everything else looks good.