+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Thanks for sharing the link Istari, I am feeling less nervous now... So all the work history i provide in the personal history section will just be for the VO's information and I would not be asked to prove it right ?
and this will also be in sync with all the previous information i have provided to CIC ?

Appreciate your help alot!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salkhan said:
Thanks for sharing the link Istari, I am feeling less nervous now... So all the work history i provide in the personal history section will just be for the VO's information and I would not be asked to prove it right ?
Yes.

and this will also be in sync with all the previous information i have provided to CIC ?
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

Appreciate your help alot!

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
I provided this work experience (that I can't prove) in my study permit application 3 years ago. So the immigration lawyer advised me to put them in my express entry profile because they said that CIC already has that info on their file (from my study permit application) and may see this as me "misrepresenting myself" and the information i provide in express entry application has to be "in sync" with any info I have provided to CIC on my previous applications..

So now, as I am getting inclined towards provide this work information in the Personal history and not in the EE profile, this information they have on my case (from study permit application) should check out and will not be seen as "misrepresentation of myself".?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salkhan said:
I provided this work experience (that I can't prove) in my study permit application 3 years ago. So the immigration lawyer advised me to put them in my express entry profile because they said that CIC already has that info on their file (from my study permit application) and may see this as me "misrepresenting myself" and the information i provide in express entry application has to be "in sync" with any info I have provided to CIC on my previous applications..

So now, as I am getting inclined towards provide this work information in the Personal history and not in the EE profile, this information they have on my case (from study permit application) should check out and will not be seen as "misrepresentation of myself".?
The VO does not see your application until after you submit your eAPR (your completed post-ITA application, which includes all your documents, etc.)
You cannot be rejected at the EE profile stage.

Yes, you need your information in your past visa application and your present visa application to match.
But by including your work experience in your personal history, it is still part of the information you're providing; you haven't left anything out of your application, and the VO can't fault you for not including it, because you have. You just haven't tried to claim points or it.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had got H1B petition approved in 2011, however, I never went for visa stamping and this petition might have expired already as it is generally valid for 3 years, Is this something which needs to be mentioned somewhere?
I had got the PCC done for US at that time considering it would be required for H1B visa, this PCC is marked on my Passport because at that time PCC was only mentioned in passport.

I have two options, First is not to mention anything about this in PR application but problem is I'm asked to send all Passport pages with markings and PCC is marking is one of them.
Is it an issue?

Second option is I mention whole thing in Letter of Explanation, just wondering what is the best way to handle this

jtoc

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hello everyone!!

I am an NOC 0124 (marketing), regarding which request help for follwing queries:

1. Ive been working in present company for last almost 7 years. Prior to which I have worked in a company for 2.5 years and before that for 6 months in another one. Now, my query is , do I need to get the reference letters for all the three companies OR just the present one (since I will max out on points, having worked more than 6 years).

2. Are the 'no of hours worked per week' and 'salary' part really mandatory to be mentioned? Indian Companies usually don't do that.

3. Can someone kindly share his/her reference letter for NOC 0124 please?

4. I am BE (civil) + MBA (marketing), should I apply under "2 or more degrees, diplomas" OR " masters degree". I am confused since my MBA doesn't succeed a BBA (two different streams).

Thanks in advance.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jtoc said:
Hello everyone!!

I am an NOC 0124 (marketing), regarding which request help for follwing queries:

1. Ive been working in present company for last almost 7 years. Prior to which I have worked in a company for 2.5 years and before that for 6 months in another one. Now, my query is , do I need to get the reference letters for all the three companies OR just the present one (since I will max out on points, having worked more than 6 years).
There's no need to get reference letters if you aren't claiming points for your old jobs.
In this case, leave them out of your Work Experience when creating your EE profile, and add them to your Personal History section once you receive ITA.
If you mention these jobs in your Work History, you will be required to provide proof.

2. Are the 'no of hours worked per week' and 'salary' part really mandatory to be mentioned? Indian Companies usually don't do that.
You need to prove this information.
If you can find some other documents (pay stubs, tax invoices, etc.) which prove this, then that's fine.

3. Can someone kindly share his/her reference letter for NOC 0124 please?

4. I am BE (civil) + MBA (marketing), should I apply under "2 or more degrees, diplomas" OR " masters degree". I am confused since my MBA doesn't succeed a BBA (two different streams).
What does your ECA report say ?

Thanks in advance.

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
A while ago i was quite clear about my NOC Code but after reading above few comments i got confused.

I have submitted by Profile with NOC 2131 & currently standing at 465 CRS.
My under graduation is BSc Civil Engineering & Post graduation is MSc Construction Management
Reason behind selecting NOC 2131 was due to the fact that its descriptions matches both my experience and education.

NOC 2231 (Civil Engineering technologists & technicians) is quite related to my 1.5 years of experience but not qualifications as it states

"Completion of a two- or three-year college program in civil engineering technology or a closely related discipline is usually required for civil engineering technologists. Completion of a one- or two-year college program in civil engineering technology is usually required for civil engineering technicians"

NOC 2234 (Construction Estimators) does not match the qualifications but part of my experience & and what i have been doing for last 1.5 years

"Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations
Establish and maintain tendering process and set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project
Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
Manage and co-ordinate construction projects and prepare construction progress schedules"

Completion of secondary school is required.
Completion of a three-year college program in civil or construction engineering technology
or
Several years of experience as a qualified tradesperson in a construction trade such as plumbing, carpentry or electrical, are required.
Certification by the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors is usually required.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN ME WHAT I HAVE DONE IS OK??

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys-- Anyone who has applied online PR so far, I have a question regarding sequence of documents.

At the last page, it shows what document should be uploaded, however for employer it shows employment record as many times as the number of jobs declared
e.g.

if you declared Employment 1-- Jan 2016 to current
Employment 2-- Jan 2015 to Dec 2015
Employment 3-- Jan 2014 to Dec 2014

Summarize page would only show below three times

Employment proof(Document required)

Any idea what is the sequence in documents should be uploaded so that Employment 3 docs are not loaded to Employment 1 doc and vice versa.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
kamy said:
Hi Guys-- Anyone who has applied online PR so far, I have a question regarding sequence of documents.

At the last page, it shows what document should be uploaded, however for employer it shows employment record as many times as the number of jobs declared
e.g.

if you declared Employment 1-- Jan 2016 to current
Employment 2-- Jan 2015 to Dec 2015
Employment 3-- Jan 2014 to Dec 2014

Summarize page would only show below three times

Any idea what is the sequence in documents should be uploaded so that Employment 3 docs are not loaded to Employment 1 doc and vice versa.
Go to Work History section and see in what order you have mentioned the work experience and upload the employment proof in the same order. Once you have uploaded the documents, you can see the preview of the documents uploaded.

kamyab164

Sep 12, 2016
Hi all,
I am going to apply for permanent residency. I have a couple of questions regarding filling out my Express Entry profile.

1.Can I apply for multiple provinces? If so, Since I currently live and work in B.C. If I receive an invitation from other provinces, should I leave B.C. ?
2.My spouse is a Ph.D. student. Under his job history section in our Express Entry profile, can we add his works as teaching assistant and research assistant during the past 4 years while he was a full-time student? We don’t understand the term “work during apprenticeship process” in the questionnaire that comes at the beginning of job history section. Does that mean (in my husband case) during his full-time studies?

Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamyab164 said:
Hi all,
I am going to apply for permanent residency. I have a couple of questions regarding filling out my Express Entry profile.

1.Can I apply for multiple provinces? If so, Since I currently live and work in B.C. If I receive an invitation from other provinces, should I leave B.C. ?
Yes, you can apply for multiple provinces.
Yes, you will be required to leave BC.

2.My spouse is a Ph.D. student. Under his job history section in our Express Entry profile, can we add his works as teaching assistant and research assistant during the past 4 years while he was a full-time student? We don’t understand the term “work during apprenticeship process” in the questionnaire that comes at the beginning of job history section. Does that mean (in my husband case) during his full-time studies?
If he's studying in Canada, no, his work experience does not count.
If it was outside Canada, it will count if it was paid, and not part of his degree.

Thanks

Vicky Babara

Sep 12, 2016
Hi Everyone,
Looking for advice

I am planning to apply for Canada PR. Me and my wife are living separately from last 1 year but we haven't filed for divorce as she is neither willing to live with me or divorce me. I have few questions:
1. under what status should I apply viz. Married/Separated etc. There is no legal proof of separation. If married then she will not accompany me, any disadvantages of same?
2. whether at any stage of application process, her consent will be required or Application process requires any documents of her. (I have read somewhere that even if spouse is not accompanying her medical certificate and police clearance will be required, is it true?. And she may not agree to cooperate)
Any help in this regard ill be highly appreciated.
Kind Regards

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Vicky

1. Is you not living together not proof of separation ?
If your spouse is non-accompanying, your CRS will be calculated as that of a single person.

2. Your wife will have to undergo a medical exam and police clearance.

Kammyab

Sep 8, 2016
Two different Express Entry Profile

Hello everyone,

I have three different types of questions...

1. Can me and my wife create two different express profile online ?
2. Can we alter our online profile to add request of province nominations at the later stage ?
3. How good are the chances to get job through job banks and add 600 points to our score ? do we really get job offers ?A

Please help to resolve my inquisitiveness and get me some direction too.... It would be a great help and shall be obliged too

Thank you