+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Arslan82

Nov 1, 2016
for a mathematics school teacher in canada the requirement is that one should be specialized in that subject , but my wife is an engineer by degree but with teaching experience, according to you it doesn't matter?? am i right?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Arslan82 said:
for a mathematics school teacher in canada the requirement is that one should be specialized in that subject , but my wife is an engineer by degree but with teaching experience, according to you it doesn't matter?? am i right?
Well, those rules apply to people who are working in Canada. If her work experience was gained outside of Canada, then this requirement doesn't apply as far as I have seen. I have not heard back from anyone with foreign work experience saying that their applications were rejected because the field of study and their occupation didn't match.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Arslan82 said:
Sir
my Question is tht hhas skill type A preference on skill type b??
or they are judged on the same level??
There is no such preference. EE is NOC agnostic. As long as the NOCs are in either 0/A or B categories, you should be good to go.

Arslan82

Nov 1, 2016
Hello,
Is there a quote system for a particular employment for Canadian immigration? or any one is eligible to apply who ever has experience in the NOC list mentioned?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Arslan82 said:
Hello,
Is there a quote system for a particular employment for Canadian immigration? or any one is eligible to apply who ever has experience in the NOC list mentioned?
There is no NOC/employment based quota. If you have sufficient experience in any NOC under 0/a or B categories, you might be eligible (if you satisfy all eligibility factors).

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Re: Correction of DOB in EE profile

Hi Zak,

When did you recieved your nomination from ontario.

zaksam777 said:
Hi All,

I have a question regarding date of birth in EE profile. I submitted my EE profile and got a PT notification of interest from Ontario. Now I want to correct the date of birth on my passport. How can I do that? I have the old date of birth on all my Education documents, IELTS and ECA report.
Is there any way I can update my DOB on passport and then on EE profile?
Thank you!

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
Guys I am sitting at CRS: 457 and I have a couple of concerns:

1) My travel history: Age 1 - 13: studied in Saudi Arabia; Age 14 - 21: studies in India; Age 22-26: worked in India; Currently in the USA(last 1 year) doing a marketing certification. From which all countries do I need to get my police verification certificate ? And can I do that from the Embassies in the USA?

2) I have 4 years of work ex as a sales manager. I have my work-ex attested letters from both my organizations I worked for. But, I dont have my job offer letters and my pay slips. I lost them Sad Were there cases where applications got rejected for not submitting previous job - offer letters and pay slips ?

Your replies would be appreciated

JMRG

Apr 2, 2016
He he ya now thats hilarious. Couldn't stop laughing!
Actually I'm using my outdated mobile to type hence the 1st line popped up erroneously.

Although I do appreciate your response and the sense of humour :p

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Srushti said:
Guys I am sitting at CRS: 457 and I have a couple of concerns:

1) My travel history: Age 1 - 13: studied in Saudi Arabia; Age 14 - 21: studies in India; Age 22-26: worked in India; Currently in the USA(last 1 year) doing a marketing certification. From which all countries do I need to get my police verification certificate ? And can I do that from the Embassies in the USA?

2) I have 4 years of work ex as a sales manager. I have my work-ex attested letters from both my organizations I worked for. But, I dont have my job offer letters and my pay slips. I lost them Sad Were there cases where applications got rejected for not submitting previous job - offer letters and pay slips ?

Your replies would be appreciated
1) Travel history is required for the past 10 years only. However, you need PCC s for all the countries where you have stayed for a period of 6 months or more since you were 18 (irrespective of age).

2) If your reference letters are in the format required by IRCC, you wouldn't have to submit any other documentation. See what format the need under Proof of Work Experience -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

ovosaoleite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
lilisgb said:
I have a question,

I made a refugee claimant in November 2012, and I have not had a hearing yet. It has been almost 4 years and I do not have any notice about when my hearing will be. Is it possible that I can apply to the Express Entry?, I have been working for over 2 years and I have experience.
Is that a possibility? Can I apply to any other?

Please, if someone knows let me know.
Thanks so much
Anybody answered that?

apple123_4567

Oct 2, 2015
Hi

I have few questions. I am in India and my company can possibly send me on work visa to Canada(My employer has an office in Toronto, Ontario, Canada). This will likely be a NON-LMIA offer not yet decided. It could be an intra company transfer visa which I guess is a type of work visa. I have an EE profile as well but not yet nominated due to < 400 score. I was thinking of applying for SINP but not yet decided.

1) If I travel on work visa, can I still apply for some PNP or CIC program while being there in Canada if a suitable plan opens up ?
2) Can I apply for SINP as I will be in Toronto ?
3) If I am in canada on work visa from my employer, Can I apply for OINP PNP next year while being on work visa?
4) Can I get any benefit of job offer related CRS points as I will be going on work visa ?
5) Is it wise to take travel offer from employer or wait for PR on my own thru some PNP or CIC programs? What are the pros/cons
6) What are the any immediate options for me for path to PR assuming I will be on work visa there. Don't want to wait for 1 year to be eligible for CEC ?

Thanks in advance !

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi all

I have following points in my roles and responsibilities letter provided by employer in the company letter head.

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx was full time employed with xxxxxxxxxxxx from xxxxxx to xxxxxxxxx.

While leaving our organization, he was designated as an xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
During his employment with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, he was responsible for the following:-

1. Performing SAS, SQL and Hadoop development within a financial services environment.
2. Migrating SAS applications from UNIX and mainframe systems to distributed LINUX system within a financial services environment.
3. Performing data warehousing, data extraction, transformation and writing SQL scripts for loading enterprise warehouse, for analytics data preparation and creating model ready data and reports.
4. Performing SAS development and support within multiple data sources using Base SAS, SAS Macros, SAS/STAT, SAS/ACCESS, and SAS HPA, development within SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, and SAS DI studio within UNIX/LINUX/legacy systems and SAS Model Manager for creating, managing, deploying, monitoring and operationalizing analytical models.
5. Performing data manipulation using MapReduce, database query interface development using Hive(HQL), Pig for writing scripts, Greenplum databases for query optimizer conversion and PostgreSQL for database development.

He utilized skills including:-

1. Windows, Mainframes, UNIX, Linux.
2. Base SAS, SAS macros, SAS/STAT, SAS/ACCESS, SAS HPA, SAS Model Manager; MapReduce, Hive (HQL), Pig, Greenplum and PostgreSQL, JCL, Shell scripting.

(Please note: Skills and responsibilities specified are as declared by the employee and approved by the last supervisor. This information is to the best of our knowledge and without prejudice).

We wish him all the best for his future endeavors.

I have the following questions.

1) Can some experts review the above responsibilities and point out the missing pieces with reference to CIC. I know CIC format expects few more things like salary in addition to responsibilities in the letter? It would really helpful if someone points them so that I can work on getting the letter in the expected format. I got this letter for a different purpose and unfortunately my company issues the skill letter only once.

2) I have seen people mentioning salary should be mentioned in the letter. If so, is it enough to have last drawn salary alone? My work location spans across India and US for the same company, and my last drawn salary is in USD. Will it be fine to mention the last drawn USD salary alone if last salary is needed?

3) I am yet to create CIC profile. I am guessing work location would be required when I fill the EE application. My work experience spans across India and US. However my company has given only one letter for entire experience and it mentions their Indian HQ address/contacts. Is that okay?

4) I am targeting the NOC 2174. Can someone gone through the PR phase comment on the suitability of the letter for responsibilities of the computer programmer NOC? Just a feedback would be helpful. Because I am slightly worried that all my responsibilities mentioned in the letter focus purely on development and programming, and doesn't talk much requirement gathering and documentation part mentioned (although I do them in my job) in the list of responsibilities. I am planning to write to the NOC email id that has been earlier suggested and get a NOC match from them. But still I am bit worried if missing the things like req gathering, documentation etc would make think the officer that I don't suit the NOC as it doesn't have 60% match with their responsibilities.

5) As I mentioned earlier, my company issues the letter only once in their letterhead. I am planning to get another letter that exhaustively covers my responsibilities along with other missing points from my previous manager in CIC format and submit his id card and company hierarchy along with it. I am planning to write a letter of explanation for this. Is it okay to do that? If so, is it enough if I just mention that my company issues letter only in the specified format once or do I need to provide any proof for that claim too. Also by any chance will CIC think that I got a letter just to suit the immigration purposes as it happens to be a second letter listing my responsibilities?

6) One final question. NOC 2174 says Computer programmers and interactive media developers. My guess people who are working as computer programmers as well as interactive media developers can claim this NOC, and one need not be working on both to claim it. Just wanted to confirm if my understanding is correct.

Thanks so much in advance for any feedback on above queries.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
DEEPCUR said:
Hi all

I have following points in my roles and responsibilities letter provided by employer in the company letter head.

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx was full time employed with xxxxxxxxxxxx from xxxxxx to xxxxxxxxx.

While leaving our organization, he was designated as an xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
During his employment with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, he was responsible for the following:-

1. Performing SAS, SQL and Hadoop development within a financial services environment.
2. Migrating SAS applications from UNIX and mainframe systems to distributed LINUX system within a financial services environment.
3. Performing data warehousing, data extraction, transformation and writing SQL scripts for loading enterprise warehouse, for analytics data preparation and creating model ready data and reports.
4. Performing SAS development and support within multiple data sources using Base SAS, SAS Macros, SAS/STAT, SAS/ACCESS, and SAS HPA, development within SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, and SAS DI studio within UNIX/LINUX/legacy systems and SAS Model Manager for creating, managing, deploying, monitoring and operationalizing analytical models.
5. Performing data manipulation using MapReduce, database query interface development using Hive(HQL), Pig for writing scripts, Greenplum databases for query optimizer conversion and PostgreSQL for database development.

He utilized skills including:-

1. Windows, Mainframes, UNIX, Linux.
2. Base SAS, SAS macros, SAS/STAT, SAS/ACCESS, SAS HPA, SAS Model Manager; MapReduce, Hive (HQL), Pig, Greenplum and PostgreSQL, JCL, Shell scripting.

(Please note: Skills and responsibilities specified are as declared by the employee and approved by the last supervisor. This information is to the best of our knowledge and without prejudice).

We wish him all the best for his future endeavors.

I have the following questions.

1) Can some experts review the above responsibilities and point out the missing pieces with reference to CIC. I know CIC format expects few more things like salary in addition to responsibilities in the letter? It would really helpful if someone points them so that I can work on getting the letter in the expected format. I got this letter for a different purpose and unfortunately my company issues the skill letter only once.

2) I have seen people mentioning salary should be mentioned in the letter. If so, is it enough to have last drawn salary alone? My work location spans across India and US for the same company, and my last drawn salary is in USD. Will it be fine to mention the last drawn USD salary alone if last salary is needed?

3) I am yet to create CIC profile. I am guessing work location would be required when I fill the EE application. My work experience spans across India and US. However my company has given only one letter for entire experience and it mentions their Indian HQ address/contacts. Is that okay?

4) I am targeting the NOC 2174. Can someone gone through the PR phase comment on the suitability of the letter for responsibilities of the computer programmer NOC? Just a feedback would be helpful. Because I am slightly worried that all my responsibilities mentioned in the letter focus purely on development and programming, and doesn't talk much requirement gathering and documentation part mentioned (although I do them in my job) in the list of responsibilities. I am planning to write to the NOC email id that has been earlier suggested and get a NOC match from them. But still I am bit worried if missing the things like req gathering, documentation etc would make think the officer that I don't suit the NOC as it doesn't have 60% match with their responsibilities.

5) As I mentioned earlier, my company issues the letter only once in their letterhead. I am planning to get another letter that exhaustively covers my responsibilities along with other missing points from my previous manager in CIC format and submit his id card and company hierarchy along with it. I am planning to write a letter of explanation for this. Is it okay to do that? If so, is it enough if I just mention that my company issues letter only in the specified format once or do I need to provide any proof for that claim too. Also by any chance will CIC think that I got a letter just to suit the immigration purposes as it happens to be a second letter listing my responsibilities?

6) One final question. NOC 2174 says Computer programmers and interactive media developers. My guess people who are working as computer programmers as well as interactive media developers can claim this NOC, and one need not be working on both to claim it. Just wanted to confirm if my understanding is correct.

Thanks so much in advance for any feedback on above queries.
1. I was not able to find the number of hours per week and work location(s). Also, if you have held multiple roles in the same company, that also needs to be mentioned with relevant duties and responsibilities. Pay details are also required.

2. If you have a single role, then the last drawn salary would be enough. If you have multiple roles, it is advisable to get the relevant salary details.

3. Yes, it is required. Check the responses above.

4. Ideally the duties and responsibilities carried out by you should match 70-80% with the NOC lead statement

5. Read this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

6. Yes