+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Determinate

Aug 7, 2016
Thank you Stanlee, I appreciate your response.

So I must have the POF ready anyway, before ITA, from the begging and submit it with the primary application.

forgive me I am still confused :-[

thanks again

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Determinate said:

So I must have the POF ready anyway, before ITA, from the begging and submit it with the primary application.

thanks again
Yes.
When you receive ITA, you will have 60 days to submit your documents. Your POF must be submitted at this time.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Determinate said:

thanks again
You do not have to submit any documents when creating your Express Entry profile, however, it is advisable to have the funds in your account from that time onwards or even before that. There is no strict rule that the funds should be 6 months old as long as you can prove that the funds belong to you and it has not been borrowed or is not a loan.

Post creation of Express Entry profile, if you are invited by any province or if you apply to any province, then you would need the proof of funds OR, if you are invited directly to apply for PR, you need to submit the proof of funds.

Determinate

Aug 7, 2016
Stanlee said:
You do not have to submit any documents when creating your Express Entry profile, however, it is advisable to have the funds in your account from that time onwards or even before that. There is no strict rule that the funds should be 6 months old as long as you can prove that the funds belong to you and it has not been borrowed or is not a loan.

Post creation of Express Entry profile, if you are invited by any province or if you apply to any province, then you would need the proof of funds OR, if you are invited directly to apply for PR, you need to submit the proof of funds.

Thanks a lot istari and Stanlee, you have made it clear for me, I really appreciate your time and help.

That was great from you, I wish you the best,

best regards :)

Radhaa

Jun 29, 2016
I am worried about jobs because my CRS score will not reach upto 480. That's why I would like to hear from you guys who got ITA with jobs

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Radhaa said:
I am worried about jobs because my CRS score will not reach upto 480. That's why I would like to hear from you guys who got ITA with jobs
Getting a job while you are outside Canada is hardly possible, unless you have niche skills and experience and the demand is not met locally in Canada. The closest you can get to get an interview call is once you have landed in Canada.

The best you can do now is to lookout for all the companies which you would like to target, look at their career pages, LinkedIn pages, try to connect with people on LinkedIn, if you have any friends over there, try to see if they can introduce you to someone in their contacts which you can leverage once you land in Canada. Identify important job consultants, whom you can fall back on in case you do not succeed on your own. So once you land in Canada, you will be well equipped.

The best option for your now is to go the PNP way. If you are nominated by a province, you will get 600 points added to your CRS thus making you eligible to receive an invite in the next round of invitation post nomination. To know more about PNP check this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html

Radhaa

Jun 29, 2016
Thanks Stanlee! So, If I am nominated in any of the province. Does they help in getting job in that particular province or we should hunt after landing Canada? My NOC code is 2171

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Radhaa said:
Thanks Stanlee! So, If I am nominated in any of the province. Does they help in getting job in that particular province or we should hunt after landing Canada? My NOC code is 2171
The province will not help you find work. You need to start job hunting when you land.

sakshi0027

Apr 1, 2016
Hello All

I was reading on the forum that birth certificate is also needed after one receives the ITA.

In case one does not have a birth certificate, what are the alternate documents(passport or 10th marksheet) that can be submitted?

ALso would one have to provide a letter of explanation for the same?

Thanks in advance

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sakshi0027 said:
Hello All

I was reading on the forum that birth certificate is also needed after one receives the ITA.

In case one does not have a birth certificate, what are the alternate documents(passport or 10th marksheet) that can be submitted?

ALso would one have to provide a letter of explanation for the same?

Thanks in advance
A birth certificate is only needed for children.

jetplane

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
For others waiting for the FBI PCC - a question - in your application where have you explained why you dont have a FBI PCC (along with proof of delivery etc.) ? is it in the letter of explanation, or the part where you have to upload PCC or have you written a separate letter to the CIC?

Thanks in advance! it may be a very simple sounding question but do want others advices!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
jetplane said:
Hi
For others waiting for the FBI PCC - a question - in your application where have you explained why you dont have a FBI PCC (along with proof of delivery etc.) ? is it in the letter of explanation, or the part where you have to upload PCC or have you written a separate letter to the CIC?

Thanks in advance! it may be a very simple sounding question but do want others advices!
I have not had the experience of FBI PCC, but from my experience uploading documents for my PR application and having read others experience, you can upload proof of having applied for FBI PCC in the placeholder for Police Certificates along with an LOE. Alternatively, you can upload the proof in the Police Certificate placeholder and in the placeholder for LOE, you can include explanation for FBI PCC along with other items which you need to explain, something like a Master LOE. Either way, the objective is to explain your case in a satisfactory manner so that your request is considered by the case officer.