+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
qwerty89 said:
I score a total of around 468 points on CRS. When i am submitting the online profile on CIC, i am getting "Profile is ineligible"
Not sure what the error is. Any ideas what should i modify for the acceptance of the profile
It could be because of any of the following reasons.
1. You do not meet the minimum FSW 67/100 requirement. Check this link to know more http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
2. You have not mentioned the amount of funds as per LICO
3. Could be because the NOC mentioned by you does not fall under skill type 0, A or B.
4. You do not have ECA for your foreign degree.

You would have also got a message with a list of reasons citing why you are not eligible.

Now that your profile has become ineligible, you will have to create.a new one and ensure to take care of the above points.

Kchandana74

Aug 2, 2016
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
Pre
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
istari said:
You've received the same answer from 2 different people now.
You don't need to mention travel to Canada, Sri Lanka or Singapore, provided that you have Sri Lankan and Singaporean passports.
Stanlee, Istari

Thanks a lot guys. Apologies if I misunderstood. Actually this is where the tricky thing comes. I was born in Sri Lanka, studied there and worked there until I am 30 years old. I took Singapore citizenship in August 2010 as I had a better professional profile and lived there long enough to obtain it. But as per requirements by Singapore government, you have to renounce Sri Lankan citizenship and hand over your Sri Lankan passport back to Sri Lankan authorities when I obtain Singapore citizenship and passport which I did. It is illegal to hold another country citizenship and passport when you become a Singaporean citizen

So currently I only have Singapore passport. But as per definitions available, 'country of origin' is where you are born and where your cultural roots are, which is in Sri Lanka in this case. So can I consider Sri Lanka as country of origin even though I do not hold any passport? You guys have mentioned that I can omit trips to Sri Lanka and Singapore provided that I have passports from Singapore and Sri Lanka which is not the case for me as I have only Singapore passport

In case if you think that Singapore should be my country of origin, I have no issue including all my trips to Sri Lanka in travel history. But in that case, do I need to mention all the travels I did to Sri Lanka before obtaining my Singapore citizenship?

Again thanks a lot for your patience and providing your valuable advice. I really appreciate this guys

vd.yazdani

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Hi Guys

I was creating my EE profile when came across a question:
in personal section (if i'm not mistaken) it asks if i have ever applied to CIC (or it is what i understood from that question) also in the next question it asks for a code that you usually receive when you apply.
The question is: I applied for a study VISA in 2010 and after 2 months they sent back the application and requested more information. You may call it a rejection. I really cannot remember the content of that letter but i haven't submitted any application after that and i can remember the code they gave me (if they gave me a code at all). What would you advice i should do? Do i have to say that i have already applied and in the next question i don't have that code?
really appreciate your help.

Regards

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kchandana74 said:
Stanlee, Istari

Thanks a lot guys. Apologies if I misunderstood. Actually this is where the tricky thing comes. I was born in Sri Lanka, studied there and worked there until I am 30 years old. I took Singapore citizenship in August 2010 as I had a better professional profile and lived there long enough to obtain it. But as per requirements by Singapore government, you have to renounce Sri Lankan citizenship and hand over your Sri Lankan passport back to Sri Lankan authorities when I obtain Singapore citizenship and passport which I did. It is illegal to hold another country citizenship and passport when you become a Singaporean citizen

So currently I only have Singapore passport. But as per definitions available, 'country of origin' is where you are born and where your cultural roots are, which is in Sri Lanka in this case. So can I consider Sri Lanka as country of origin even though I do not hold any passport? You guys have mentioned that I can omit trips to Sri Lanka and Singapore provided that I have passports from Singapore and Sri Lanka which is not the case for me as I have only Singapore passport

In case if you think that Singapore should be my country of origin, I have no issue including all my trips to Sri Lanka in travel history. But in that case, do I need to mention all the travels I did to Sri Lanka before obtaining my Singapore citizenship?

Again thanks a lot for your patience and providing your valuable advice. I really appreciate this guys
You don't have to mention your country of citizenship when you return home because you don't get stamps in you passport, so there's no way to prove it.
If you have stamps in your Singaporean passport for every time you've returned to Sri Lanka, then I think you should mention it. But I'm really not sure.
Honestly, if I were in your situation, I would either contact CIC and ask, or include all travel to both Singapore and Sri Lanka in my travel history just to be on the safe side.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tweetu said:
The main duties I perform are as below:

1) Determining the company's strategic objectives and policies
2) Monitoring the company progress towards policies.
3) Identifying and directing the business development activities.
4) Developing strategic business plans.
5) Training personnel to carry out business activities.
6) Making corporate documents, invoices, reports.

The company deals in commodities n goods.

Could you please now clarify the NOC code.
Send the list of your duties to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca and they will tell you the most appropriate NOC.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
vd.yazdani said:
Hi Guys

I was creating my EE profile when came across a question:
in personal section (if i'm not mistaken) it asks if i have ever applied to CIC (or it is what i understood from that question) also in the next question it asks for a code that you usually receive when you apply.
The question is: I applied for a study VISA in 2010 and after 2 months they sent back the application and requested more information. You may call it a rejection. I really cannot remember the content of that letter but i haven't submitted any application after that and i can remember the code they gave me (if they gave me a code at all). What would you advice i should do? Do i have to say that i have already applied and in the next question i don't have that code?
really appreciate your help.

Regards
If you have applied and there has been a rejection, then yes, you need to declare it.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Kchandana74 said:
Stanlee, Istari

Since you have mentioned that you have renounced your Sri Lankan citizenship, do you need a visa to go to Sri Lanka? Or do you have some other status in Sri Lanka, something like what we have in India - Overseas Citizen of India. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) of certain categories who migrated from India and acquired citizenship of a foreign country, are eligible to be granted an OCI as long as their home countries allow dual citizenship in some form or the other under their local laws. In your case since Singapore does not allow you to have dual citizenship, the question that I asked above will decide whether you need to mention travels to Sri Lanka in your Travel History, even though Sri Lanka is your country of origin.

In case you need a visa (even visa on arrival) or travel authorization to visit Sri Lanka, then yes, you need to mention travels to Sri Lanka in your Travel History. I hope now it clarifies.

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Stanlee,

Can you please share your comments on the following post "Changing NOC for one of the job in work history after receiving ITA-Seniors help"

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
JSN_2016 said:
Dear Stanlee,

Can you please share your comments on the following post "Changing NOC for one of the job in work history after receiving ITA-Seniors help"
If you are nominated by a province on the basis of your primary NOC , let's say NOC X, then you cannot change your primary NOC post ITA. The nomination certificate will have your primary NOC mentioned.

On the other hand, if you have got a direct ITA (without provincial nomination or LMIA backed job offer), then you can update your primary NOC post ITA provided you submit supporting documents for the same, you can submit any letter or email confirmation that you received from the NOC Team on the same and submit an LOE explaining why you have updated your primary NOC.

akshayent

Aug 5, 2016
Regarding transcripts by mumbai university

Hello
I am a bcom graduate from mumbai university and i have done correspondence course .i want to ask the following
Do i need to attach my ssc and hsc document in the envelope to send it to WES
Since i am a correspondence student how can i get my transcripts for the first two years .
Do i need seperate transcripts for all three years or is it done in only one transcript
And finally why does Wes ask for these documents .is it for evaluation of scores purpose or for verification of documents ?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Re: Regarding transcripts by mumbai university

akshayent said:
Hello
I am a bcom graduate from mumbai university and i have done correspondence course .i want to ask the following
Do i need to attach my ssc and hsc document in the envelope to send it to WES
Since i am a correspondence student how can i get my transcripts for the first two years .
Do i need seperate transcripts for all three years or is it done in only one transcript
And finally why does Wes ask for these documents .is it for evaluation of scores purpose or for verification of documents ?
1. Generally, you do not need to send to send HSC and SSC certificates, but please check the email that you receive post creation of a WES account, it has the process and the list of documents that would apply to you.

2. To get the transcripts, you will have to find out the process from your university. Generally, there are two ways of doing it, either you can get transcript for the entire course released by the university by paying relevant fees or you get each years' mark sheets attested by the Registrar or Controller of Exams at your university. In either case, the transcripts or mark sheets needs to be placed in the university's official envelope stamped and signed across the flap. You will have to send this sealed envelope along with copy of your degree certificate to WES for assessment. Please ensure to mention your WES Reference Number on all your envelopes.

3. WES has nothing to do with the CRS scores for Express Entry. WES is one of the instutions designated by CIC to verify the authenticity of the education credentials of an applicant and additionally, they also state the Canandian Equivalence of your degree. Once the assessment is completed, you will get an assessment report and the same will be available to CIC online.

Kchandana74

Aug 2, 2016
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
Pre
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
Stanlee said:
Since you have mentioned that you have renounced your Sri Lankan citizenship, do you need a visa to go to Sri Lanka? Or do you have some other status in Sri Lanka, something like what we have in India - Overseas Citizen of India. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) of certain categories who migrated from India and acquired citizenship of a foreign country, are eligible to be granted an OCI as long as their home countries allow dual citizenship in some form or the other under their local laws. In your case since Singapore does not allow you to have dual citizenship, the question that I asked above will decide whether you need to mention travels to Sri Lanka in your Travel History, even though Sri Lanka is your country of origin.

In case you need a visa (even visa on arrival) or travel authorization to visit Sri Lanka, then yes, you need to mention travels to Sri Lanka in your Travel History. I hope now it clarifies.
Thanks a lot Stanlee. Yes, I get a visa on arrival... Anyway I have decided to include all my travel including Sri Lanka and Singapore. I hope they cannot question me on including everything, I guess. I have 56 lines of travel, so I am planning to upload another document with full history

I am sorry for bugging you guys, but I have another question. At the time of creating my profile for the pool, I said 'NO' to both of my wife's education and work history. The reason was that though she completed her secondary education, she did not sat for exams and hence no certificate and her work was a home based self employed beautician in Sri Lanka. Since I cannot gain any points there, I answered NO to both questions. Now I am at ITA level and what should I do? Should I include those details in education and work history and/or in her personal history? If I include it now, will it amount to lie at Pool level even though that is not what I really intended?

Thanks a lot guys for your support

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Kchandana74 said:
Thanks a lot Stanlee. Yes, I get a visa on arrival... Anyway I have decided to include all my travel including Sri Lanka and Singapore. I hope they cannot question me on including everything, I guess. I have 56 lines of travel, so I am planning to upload another document with full history

I am sorry for bugging you guys, but I have another question. At the time of creating my profile for the pool, I said 'NO' to both of my wife's education and work history. The reason was that though she completed her secondary education, she did not sat for exams and hence no certificate and her work was a home based self employed beautician in Sri Lanka. Since I cannot gain any points there, I answered NO to both questions. Now I am at ITA level and what should I do? Should I include those details in education and work history and/or in her personal history? If I include it now, will it amount to lie at Pool level even though that is not what I really intended?

Thanks a lot guys for your support
Yes, if you get visa on arrival for your visits to Sri Lanka, then it needs to be part of Travel History and for the time you were in Sri Lanka (before you got Singapore citizenship), you need to mention it in Address History and also need a Police Certificate from Sri Lanka.

Since you have No for your wife's education and work sections in your Express Entry profile, you can retain it in Personal History in your PR application. If you mention it under Education and Work History section, then you will be asked to upload documents for the same.

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Hello all,

Actually i am creating a new EE Profile my previous score was 465. Can seniors please help me in identifying difference between skilled work experience ans skilled trade? my NOC is 2131 Civil Engineer and i have 3.5 years of work experience. For Q1 i have selected two three years but i am confused about Q2.. what should i say?

Q1 : In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

Two to Three

Q2: In the last five years, do you have at least two years of experience in one of these types of jobs (skilled trades)?

industrial, electrical and construction trades (NOC codes that start in 72)
maintenance and equipment operation trades (NOC codes that start in 73)
supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production (NOC codes that start in 82)
processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators (NOC codes that start in 92)
chefs and cooks or (NOC codes that start in 632) butchers and bakers
(NOC codes that start in 633 If you are not sure of the NOC for your job, you can find it on the Find your NOC page.

Two or more years

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adil Khan123 said:
Hello all,

Actually i am creating a new EE Profile my previous score was 465. Can seniors please help me in identifying difference between skilled work experience ans skilled trade? my NOC is 2131 Civil Engineer and i have 3.5 years of work experience. For Q1 i have selected two three years but i am confused about Q2.. what should i say?

Q1 : In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

Two to Three

Q2: In the last five years, do you have at least two years of experience in one of these types of jobs (skilled trades)?

industrial, electrical and construction trades (NOC codes that start in 72)
maintenance and equipment operation trades (NOC codes that start in 73)
supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production (NOC codes that start in 82)
processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators (NOC codes that start in 92)
chefs and cooks or (NOC codes that start in 632) butchers and bakers
(NOC codes that start in 633 If you are not sure of the NOC for your job, you can find it on the Find your NOC page.

Two or more years
Do you have at least 2 years of experience in one of the NOCs listed ?
If yes, select yes. If no, select no.