+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
alya2905 said:
Hi guys,

Need you help!!!! My EE profile in "MY CIC" is going to expire on 12th August,2016!!!!! I have already received AOR from OINP on 11th March, but nomination is pending.

What am I suppose to do??
1. Create new account and enter same details?
2. How should I inform OINP and what details should I provide?
3. If new EE number and Job Code is to be shared with OINP, do I have to provide "Change in Personal Information" form by Fedexl?Huh? OR
an email would suffice?
Already replied on the other thread.

Kchandana74

Aug 2, 2016
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
Pre
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
Dear all

I have one question which I need to clarify. Already searched the forum, but not seeing a straight answer.

I got my ITA two weeks back and filling travel history is killing me. It says all the travel except to country or origin or residence. My situation is bit complex. I am a Sri Lanka born person but acquired Singapore citizenship 5 years back. Now I work in Canada under a work permit.

Please really appreciate if some of you guys could clarify this

Since I was born in Sri Lanka, I take this as my country of origin. Hence I do not need mention any trips to Sri Lanka either from Canada or Singapore. Is that correct?

Thanks a lot for your help

ND1129

Aug 1, 2016
istari said:
I'm not sure how you think you're going to prove that you've been living together if you're long distance. Did you live together before you became long distance ?

Having applied for SINP as a single person isn't a problem. Just let them know as soon as your status changes.
yes, we had been living together before. And we have proof for the same. However, there is a gap in between now because we are no longer in the same state, so not sure if that period of us living together will be accepted as per the criteria of common law partner. What do you think?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hello everyone,

If there is ECR stamp on one's passport then is it advisable to get it removed by submitting the passport for re-issue with all required docs or it will do? I came to know from someone that if there is ECR stamp on one's passport then its better to get it removed before PR stamping or it could create problems at that time.

If anyone has some valid information on this, please reply.

Thanks.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ND1129 said:
yes, we had been living together before. And we have proof for the same. However, there is a gap in between now because we are no longer in the same state, so not sure if that period of us living together will be accepted as per the criteria of common law partner. What do you think?
CIC's definition says:
"common-law partner means, in relation to a person, an individual who is cohabiting with the person in a conjugal relationship, having so cohabited for a period of at least one year."

So I don't think it counts unless you are currently living together.

But whether or not it counts if you live together for 1 year, then live separately for a period, then live together again for less than 1 year ? I have no idea.

Kchandana74

Aug 2, 2016
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
Pre
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
Kchandana74 said:
Dear all

I have one question which I need to clarify. Already searched the forum, but not seeing a straight answer.

I got my ITA two weeks back and filling travel history is killing me. It says all the travel except to country or origin or residence. My situation is bit complex. I am a Sri Lanka born person but acquired Singapore citizenship 5 years back. Now I work in Canada under a work permit.

Please really appreciate if some of you guys could clarify this

Since I was born in Sri Lanka, I take this as my country of origin. Hence I do not need mention any trips to Sri Lanka either from Canada or Singapore. Is that correct?

Thanks a lot for your help
Dear Seniors, can anyone please help on this?

ND1129

Aug 1, 2016
istari said:
CIC's definition says:
"common-law partner means, in relation to a person, an individual who is cohabiting with the person in a conjugal relationship, having so cohabited for a period of at least one year."

So I don't think it counts unless you are currently living together.

But whether or not it counts if you live together for 1 year, then live separately for a period, then live together again for less than 1 year ? I have no idea.
You have been a great help so far :). Thanks a ton!

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Kchandana74 said:
Dear Seniors, can anyone please help on this?
WOW :)...you have gone places :))!

From what you have described, I understand that your country of Origin is "Sri Lanka" and your country of Residence is "Singapore".

So I guess, you can skip mentioning travel history for both these places. Though not 100% sure about this.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DiNaV said:
WOW :)...you have gone places :))!

From what you have described, I understand that your country of Origin is "Sri Lanka" and your country of Residence is "Singapore".

So I guess, you can skip mentioning travel history for both these places. Though not 100% sure about this.
Nope, country of residence is definitely Canada.

I'd guess that it means you can leave out of your travel history your current country of residence, and any countries from which you have a passport. So if you have passports from both Sri Lanka and Singapore, I think you can leave them both out of your travel history.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
istari said:
Nope, country of residence is definitely Canada.

I'd guess that it means you can leave out of your travel history your current country of residence, and any countries from which you have a passport. So if you have passports from both Sri Lanka and Singapore, I think you can leave them both out of your travel history.
But he is working on a work permit there. So what will you call his Singapore citizenship status?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DiNaV said:
But he is working on a work permit there. So what will you call his Singapore citizenship status?
If he is working there, he must be living there. Your country of residence is where you currently live.

The fact that he doesn't live in Singapore does not change the fact that he is a citizen.

joshan90

Aug 3, 2016
Hello Everyone, I am Mr.Shanta and am 26 years old Indian. I am seriously aspired about immigrating and starting my life in Canada and I am preparing myself for my endeavor.
About me:
I am a bachelor of science in Information Technology, 2010 pass out. Currently working for a leading Investment banking in Hong Kong as a Trade support analyst. Previous experiences as below.
• 10 Months of association with BNP Paribas (Chennai)
• 30 Months of association with Infosys BPO (Bangalore)
I am preparing for my Canada immigration, yet to start my IELTS coaching. Dear advisers, please help me to determine if I am eligible for any skilled worker Immigration program.
1. I have absolutely no professional and personal experience in Canadian environment.
2. Six Years of experience in Investment Banking. (Includes one year of Honk Kong work experience) Will this help me to find a Job in Canada? Of course I am not restricting myself to this industry.
3. How can I find a job in Canada from India? What should I do to find a Job In Canada from India?
4. My current CRS score is 390 (assuming Band 7 in IELTS), how can I improve my score?
5. I am single. I have no close friends or relatives who can help me in Canada.
6. Will my current educational status hamper my immigration?
7. How much money do I need to invest for my immigration?
8. I wish to live in Toronto, is it a wise decision to fix Toronto as my destiny?
Reader, please help me to get some knowledge on how to start my immigration process.
Thank you.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joshan90 said:
Hello Everyone, I am Mr.Shanta and am 26 years old Indian. I am seriously aspired about immigrating and starting my life in Canada and I am preparing myself for my endeavor.
About me:
I am a bachelor of science in Information Technology, 2010 pass out. Currently working for a leading Investment banking in Hong Kong as a Trade support analyst. Previous experiences as below.
• 10 Months of association with BNP Paribas (Chennai)
• 30 Months of association with Infosys BPO (Bangalore)
I am preparing for my Canada immigration, yet to start my IELTS coaching. Dear advisers, please help me to determine if I am eligible for any skilled worker Immigration program.
1. I have absolutely no professional and personal experience in Canadian environment.
2. Six Years of experience in Investment Banking. (Includes one year of Honk Kong work experience) Will this help me to find a Job in Canada? Of course I am not restricting myself to this industry.
Foreign work experience will contribute to your CRS. It will also show experience on your resume which will probably help you find a job in Canada (but as I don't know anything about your industry, I can't say for certain).

3. How can I find a job in Canada from India? What should I do to find a Job In Canada from India?
Finding a job while you are overseas is pretty much impossible.
In order to get a job in Canada before you have PR, the employwer will have to get an LMIA for you. To do this, the employer will have to prove that there is no one in Canada who is capable of doing your job.

4. My current CRS score is 390 (assuming Band 7 in IELTS), how can I improve my score?
Getting better IELTS results will help a lot.
Otherwise, try Provincial Nomination: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html

5. I am single. I have no close friends or relatives who can help me in Canada.
6. Will my current educational status hamper my immigration?
What is your current educational status ? I see that you said "I am a bachelor of science in Information Technology, 2010 pass out", but I'm not sure what "pass out" means.

7. How much money do I need to invest for my immigration?
The minimum is $12,164 CAD for 1 person.

8. I wish to live in Toronto, is it a wise decision to fix Toronto as my destiny?
It's probably best if you keep an open mind in regards to location.

Reader, please help me to get some knowledge on how to start my immigration process.
Thank you.

bijuktr

Apr 5, 2015
Hai Please help me ...

Now I am working in Saudi Arabia for Instrument Technician how i can apply for Express entry program..
My age-41

Kchandana74

Aug 2, 2016
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
Pre
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
istari said:
If he is working there, he must be living there. Your country of residence is where you currently live.

The fact that he doesn't live in Singapore does not change the fact that he is a citizen.
Thanks a lot guys. I agree that my country of residence is Canada as I do live here now. But when I check the definition of 'country of origin' in Google, it is where you are born, not where you have the passport. Hence I guessed that my country of origin is Sri Lanka. I had to give up my Sri Lankan passport when I obtained Singapore citizenship.

If your country of origin is where you have your passport, what if a person has more than one passport? One cannot have more than one 'country of origin', correct?