+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
bijuktr said:
Hai Please help me ...

Now I am working in Saudi Arabia for Instrument Technician how i can apply for Express entry program..
My age-41
First step is to check your eligibility. Use this link to check your eligibility http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

If you are eligible initiate IELTS and ECA. Target 8777 in LRWS. IELTS plays a major role in your CRS score. Use this tool to calculate your CRS score http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
DiNaV said:
Hello everyone,

If there is ECR stamp on one's passport then is it advisable to get it removed by submitting the passport for re-issue with all required docs or it will do? I came to know from someone that if there is ECR stamp on one's passport then its better to get it removed before PR stamping or it could create problems at that time.

If anyone has some valid information on this, please reply.

Thanks.
If you are a graduate ECR does not apply to you. Get your passport renewed and while applying for renewal mention your education as graduate or above as applicable. Check the guidelines on Passpost Seva Kendra website and apply for renewal. This way, you can get the ECR stamp removed from your passport.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Kchandana74 said:
Dear all

I have one question which I need to clarify. Already searched the forum, but not seeing a straight answer.

I got my ITA two weeks back and filling travel history is killing me. It says all the travel except to country or origin or residence. My situation is bit complex. I am a Sri Lanka born person but acquired Singapore citizenship 5 years back. Now I work in Canada under a work permit.

Please really appreciate if some of you guys could clarify this

Since I was born in Sri Lanka, I take this as my country of origin. Hence I do not need mention any trips to Sri Lanka either from Canada or Singapore. Is that correct?

Thanks a lot for your help
Yes, your understanding is correct. You need not mention any travels to your country of origin, citizenship or residence.

On another note, if you have lived in all the countries in question since you turned 18, you will need Police Certificate from all these countries, in addition to any other country if any.

rohitjain75

Oct 4, 2015
IELTS Request
L:8.5 S: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 6.5
Can you please suggest, i got a work permit for three years after completing my studies. Now one of my friend is opening a new business ( convenience store) and offering me a manager postion and 10% of partnership. So will i be eligeble for express entry after i complete my 1 year term of manager, or will i have to apply with some other process as i will be having 10% share of the business.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
rohitjain75 said:
Can you please suggest, i got a work permit for three years after completing my studies. Now one of my friend is opening a new business ( convenience store) and offering me a manager postion and 10% of partnership. So will i be eligeble for express entry after i complete my 1 year term of manager, or will i have to apply with some other process as i will be having 10% share of the business.
It depends on the remuneration arrangement - whether you would be taking salary as a manager or you would be taking a share in the profits. In case you are going to pursue the employee route, then yes, I think you will be eligible to apply under CEC after completion of one year subject to meeting the CEC requirements.

You will need to submit reference letter from your employer in addition to copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]). If bank statements are requested by CIC, it should reflect the actual pay received by you as an employee as per the pay stub. Let's see what others have to say to this.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ND1129 said:
yes, we had been living together before. And we have proof for the same. However, there is a gap in between now because we are no longer in the same state, so not sure if that period of us living together will be accepted as per the criteria of common law partner. What do you think?
This is what CIC says about proofs for common-law partner.
- Documentation is only requested when marital status is listed as common-law.
- The applicant must submit a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union form [IMM 5409 (PDF, 636.51 KB)] and evidence of cohabitation for a period of at least 12 continuous months.
- Evidence of cohabitation includes but is not limited to
a) copies of joint bank account statements;
b) copies of leases;
c) utility bills.

Kchandana74

Aug 2, 2016
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
Pre
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
Stanlee said:
Yes, your understanding is correct. You need not mention any travels to your country of origin, citizenship or residence.

On another note, if you have lived in all the countries in question since you turned 18, you will need Police Certificate from all these countries, in addition to any other country if any.
Thank you very much mate. Really appreciate

Does any of you guys has a different opinion on this?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
joshan90 said:
Hello Everyone, I am Mr.Shanta and am 26 years old Indian. I am seriously aspired about immigrating and starting my life in Canada and I am preparing myself for my endeavor.
About me:
I am a bachelor of science in Information Technology, 2010 pass out. Currently working for a leading Investment banking in Hong Kong as a Trade support analyst. Previous experiences as below.
• 10 Months of association with BNP Paribas (Chennai)
• 30 Months of association with Infosys BPO (Bangalore)
I am preparing for my Canada immigration, yet to start my IELTS coaching. Dear advisers, please help me to determine if I am eligible for any skilled worker Immigration program.
1. I have absolutely no professional and personal experience in Canadian environment.
2. Six Years of experience in Investment Banking. (Includes one year of Honk Kong work experience) Will this help me to find a Job in Canada? Of course I am not restricting myself to this industry.
3. How can I find a job in Canada from India? What should I do to find a Job In Canada from India?
4. My current CRS score is 390 (assuming Band 7 in IELTS), how can I improve my score?
5. I am single. I have no close friends or relatives who can help me in Canada.
6. Will my current educational status hamper my immigration?
7. How much money do I need to invest for my immigration?
8. I wish to live in Toronto, is it a wise decision to fix Toronto as my destiny?
Reader, please help me to get some knowledge on how to start my immigration process.
Thank you.
1. Most of us fall in the category of not having any Canadian work experience. So you need not worry.

2. Now, with regard to finding a job, once you are a PR, you can look for jobs in your respective field. Getting a job while you are outside Canada is hardly possible, unless you have niche skills and experience. The closest you can get to get an interview call is once you have landed in Canada.

3. Lookout for all the companies which you would like to target, look at their career pages, LinkedIn pages, try to connect with people on LinkedIn, if you have any friends over there, try to see if they can introduce you to someone in their contacts which you can leverage once you land in Canada. Identify important job consultants, whom you can fall back on in case you do not succeed on your own. So once you land in Canada, you will be well equipped.

4. Target CLB 9 which is 8777 in LRWS. IELTS plays a major role in boosting your CRS.

5. No need to worry, that's why networking is important. Start building your network as mentioned in point 3.

6. No, it will not hamper. You will need to get your educational credentials assessed before creating your Express Entry account.

7. The approximate cost break down is given below.
  • IELTS - INR 11,600 - 11, 800
  • ECA - WES charges CAD 322
  • PNP - In case you do not have sufficient CRS score to get direct ITA, then you will have to pursue PNP route, the most popular being OINP, fee is CAD 1,500. For other provinces, refer respective website.
  • Police Certificate (India) - INR 500
  • Police Certificate (Hong Kong) - HKD 210
  • Medicals - INR 5,000
  • PR Application Fee - CAD 550
  • RPRF - CAD 490
  • Miscellaneous - INR 10,000

You also need to show close to CAD 13,000 as proof of funds in your bank account which is unencumbered and readily transferable. This is to cover your settlement costs after landing in Canada.

8. Considering your work experience Toronto seems to a good place for you in terms of job prospects.

Greater Toronto Area is the financial capital of Canada and the third largest financial services centre in North America.

Toronto is home to the vast majority of Canada's largest financial services companies:
- 2 of the largest 10 global life insurers, plus a third with significant operations in Toronto
- 3 of the world's 25 largest banks and Canada's 5 largest banks
- The 3rd largest exchange in North America, and 7th largest in the world
- 3 of the top 50 global pension funds
- 4 of the 5 largest investment management firms in Canada
- 3 of the 4 largest property and casualty insurers in Canada
- Operations of 7 of the top 10 largest global hedge fund administrators
- The financial services sector directly employed 220,000 people in the Greater Toronto Area (2008).
- Including indirect effects, the sector employed a total of 350,000 people, accounting for over 12% of employment in the GTA (2008).
- The financial sector contributed 21.1% of the Toronto Region's GDP, including direct and indirect contributions (2008).
- Financial services companies and their employees accounted for 24% of all corporate fundraising at the Sick Kids Foundation and nearly 40% of all donations to the United Way of Greater Toronto (2008).
- From 2003 to 2008 the financial sector jobs in the Toronto Region grew by 4.3% per annum, contributing an incremental $6.2B in GDP.

Hope the above facts would help you to decide. Google for jobs in Toronto.

All the best!

qwerty89

Jun 14, 2016
HI guys,
I am little confused,
Scenario: I have completed my ECA(bachelors 4years + Masters 2 years) and IELTS. along with 3 years work ex
i am trying to apply on CIC website (creating profile). i wanted to know is the NOC changed now.
My NOC is under 0211 which is Engineering Manager. However on submitting the profile, it say profile ineligible. Should i file my application in a different code

a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)

Are the above the only trades which are eligible for EE?
Any help would be appreciated thanks!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qwerty89 said:
HI guys,
I am little confused,
Scenario: I have completed my ECA(bachelors 4years + Masters 2 years) and IELTS. along with 3 years work ex
i am trying to apply on CIC website (creating profile). i wanted to know is the NOC changed now.
My NOC is under 0211 which is Engineering Manager. However on submitting the profile, it say profile ineligible. Should i file my application in a different code

a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)

Is NOC 0211 a trade ?
I'm pretty sure all trades are skill level B. 0211 is skill level 0.

I don't think your NOC is the reason your profile is ineligible. How many points do you score in the FSW grid ? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
qwerty89 said:
HI guys,
I am little confused,

I think you are referring to the question in the Express Entry profile, “date the applicant first became qualified to practice this occupation.”?

In your case this is the date when you finished the minimum level of education needed for the occupation according to the National Occupational Classification code. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date you graduated from high school.)

Your NOC has not changed, but the example that you are referring applies to FST.

Kchandana74

Aug 2, 2016
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
Pre
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
Kchandana74 said:
Thank you very much mate. Really appreciate

Does any of you guys has a different opinion on this?
Anyone please who know about a similar situation

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kchandana74 said:
Anyone please who know about a similar situation
You've received the same answer from 2 different people now.
You don't need to mention travel to Canada, Sri Lanka or Singapore, provided that you have Sri Lankan and Singaporean passports.

tweetu

Jun 5, 2014
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
The main duties I perform are as below:

1) Determining the company's strategic objectives and policies
2) Monitoring the company progress towards policies.
3) Identifying and directing the business development activities.
4) Developing strategic business plans.
5) Training personnel to carry out business activities.
6) Making corporate documents, invoices, reports.

The company deals in commodities n goods.

Could you please now clarify the NOC code.

qwerty89

Jun 14, 2016
istari said:
Is NOC 0211 a trade ?
I'm pretty sure all trades are skill level B. 0211 is skill level 0.

I don't think your NOC is the reason your profile is ineligible. How many points do you score in the FSW grid ?
I score a total of around 468 points on CRS. When i am submitting the online profile on CIC, i am getting "Profile is ineligible"
Not sure what the error is. Any ideas what should i modify for the acceptance of the profile