+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Interview and biometrics invitation

AlanThomas@S4M

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Congratulations brother so you got claimant id? so in short they just call you to come and sign documents and take id nothing was asked? is it like that? and what did they said the case is referred now to IRB or it was done before? as wondering when the hearing date will come lol as already 1 year?
I don't know whether it will depend on your case. Because I have seen people who had to wait after the eligibility interview to get a decision. But always be prepared before going. Know your case inside out. They told me that they have already referred my case to the IRB. And everything was ready; all the papers when I got in for the interview session. They only told me that I will hear from IRB now and that was it. They didn't specify a date. But did mention that they will send a notice to appear for the hearing before at least 20 days of the hearing. Don't worry brother, the interview will be alright. Just prepare yourself and go. I wish you the best of luck and God bless. Take care. :)

Jamie90

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
I don't know whether it will depend on your case. Because I have seen people who had to wait after the eligibility interview to get a decision. But always be prepared before going. Know your case inside out. They told me that they have already referred my case to the IRB. And everything was ready; all the papers when I got in for the interview session. They only told me that I will hear from IRB now and that was it. They didn't specify a date. But did mention that they will send a notice to appear for the hearing before at least 20 days of the hearing. Don't worry brother, the interview will be alright. Just prepare yourself and go. I wish you the best of luck and God bless. Take care. :)
Thank you so much AlanThomas@S4M :) all the info is very helpful and guiding.
Best of luck for your hearing :)
zak86 let us know how it works out for you :)

Reactions: AlanThomas@S4M

AlanThomas@S4M

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
After you went for biometrics and passport seizure when did you get work permit after that
The heck is wrong with you my guy? Why are you calling me a liar huh? I received that email when you put that comment into my work permit thread. And you removed it huh. I would like to know the context behind that.

Last edited:
Reactions: zak86

patienthunter

Mar 21, 2021
The heck is wrong with you my guy? Why are you calling me a liar huh? I received that email when you put that comment into my work permit thread. And you removed it huh. I would like to know the context behind that.
Because in thsi group i saw your text you got you work permit issued and deiverd

and in other thread you are asking when will you receive work permit that why i am confised that you might lied

but what is the truth bro

AlanThomas@S4M

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Because in thsi group i saw your text you got you work permit issued and deiverd

and in other thread you are asking when will you receive work permit that why i am confised that you might lied

but what is the truth bro
I got my work permit approved on that day. Just don't be rude like that man. I have already gone through a lot, so just be nice to people whom you don't know. You didn't even initiate a conversation with me, and just called me a liar. For what? And I haven't typed I received work permit in my hands anywhere. I was so happy when I got approved due to the long wait. Right now, it went to the wrong address (I thought), but I reached out to Canada post and they told me that it might have gone back to the sender (Government office) since the address that was given by the settlement agency was wrong and incomplete.

So, once again, please try to be nice to people and don't play with emotions man. We never know what others are going through. And I apologize for getting angry earlier and calling you out. I'm just frustrated because it's been more than two weeks. Thank you for taking a look at the thread though. Take care and God bless.

AlanThomas@S4M

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
After you went for biometrics and passport seizure when did you get work permit after that
Hey, it's me again lol. Sorry I didn't see your post yesterday night man. (I have been very stressed due to the address problem). So, I talked to a refugee settlement agency and they told me that we can get our work permit before the eligibility interview if we apply separately. And they did it for me (which caused the address confusion and all the problem). They applied for me after Feb 18 and I got the approval letter on March 4th. I hope this helps you to calculate the timeline. Take care.

patienthunter

Mar 21, 2021
Hey, it's me again lol. Sorry I didn't see your post yesterday night man. (I have been very stressed due to the address problem). So, I talked to a refugee settlement agency and they told me that we can get our work permit before the eligibility interview if we apply separately. And they did it for me (which caused the address confusion and all the problem). They applied for me after Feb 18 and I got the approval letter on March 4th. I hope this helps you to calculate the timeline. Take care.
Yeah i didn’t mean to hurt you in any way my friend!!!

My interview is done even biometrics and seizure of passport done!!!

will i get automatic reply on work permit and refugee claim id or i need to apply those?

Reactions: AlanThomas@S4M

AlanThomas@S4M

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Yeah i didn’t mean to hurt you in any way my friend!!!

My interview is done even biometrics and seizure of passport done!!!

will i get automatic reply on work permit and refugee claim id or i need to apply those?
Didn't they provide you with the claimant ID after the interview?

As I mentioned earlier, I applied a separate online application for the work permit and it was approved. You should get the work permit soon I guess. But I can't say anything for sure since I'm not familiar with how you did things.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Didn't they provide you with the claimant ID after the interview?

As I mentioned earlier, I applied a separate online application for the work permit and it was approved. You should get the work permit soon I guess. But I can't say anything for sure since I'm not familiar with how you did things.
so you applied application for WP? nor they send you approval automatically? i thought it was done automatic after biomatric :)