+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Interview and biometrics invitation

AlanThomas@S4M

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
thanks for your guidance and do I need to take all documents including forms and boc stuff etc?as i submitted on epost already
I did take everything with me, but didn't needed them. They only asked for my passport and since I had my birth certificate with me, I submitted that as well. Nothing else was necessary since the officer already had a copy of our appointment letter and everything.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
I did take everything with me, but didn't needed them. They only asked for my passport and since I had my birth certificate with me, I submitted that as well. Nothing else was necessary since the officer already had a copy of our appointment letter and everything.
what about the pictures it must be 6 months old and stamped or pics without stamp also accepted?

Reactions: AlanThomas@S4M

AlanThomas@S4M

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
what about the pictures it must be 6 months old and stamped or pics without stamp also accepted?
Sorry, I forgot to talk about the photos. Yes, I believe they shouldn't be older than six months. Usually they will stamp a photo free of cost. In my case, the officer took all four of them and didn't check whether they were stamped or not. But I would suggest having the stamp so that there won't be any further delays in the paperwork.

AlanThomas@S4M

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Congratulations :D:D:D That's great news!!
I hope it's scheduled for soon.
Yeah it's next week. I'm so happy. It's been a very long wait. But by God's grace, everything is back on track and I wish you all the best man. Take care and stay safe.

Last edited:

AlanThomas@S4M

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
you got work permit approval stuff on epost or receive direct mail?
I received the work permit decision through the IRCC secure account.

P.S: I apologize for the delayed response. I have been busy this week.

Last edited:

AlanThomas@S4M

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
I'am very very happy for you :) Finally you get some rest of the long wait.
I have a few questions: Was it online or in person? What kind of questions did they ask you? Did they say anything about the hearing date? and were you handed any documents?
The eligibility interview is in-person. The interview didn't take too long. I think near about 20-30 minutes since we have to sign a lot of papers. And they will explain everything regarding the case and for me that was it. The CIC officer told me at the beginning that they have referred my case to the IRB and there won't be any appointment with IRCC anymore. IRB will contact us regarding the hearing date. It could be in-person or virtual. They gave me the claimant kit and that was it.

Last edited:
Reactions: newstartC

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
The eligibility interview is in-person. The interview didn't take too long. I think near about 20 minutes since we have to sign a lot of papers. And they will explain everything regarding the case and for me that was it. The CIC officer told me at the beginning that they have referred my case to the IRB and there won't be any appointment with IRCC anymore. IRB will contact us regarding the hearing date. It could be in-person or virtual. They gave me the claimant kit and that was it.
Congratulations brother so you got claimant id? so in short they just call you to come and sign documents and take id nothing was asked? is it like that? and what did they said the case is referred now to IRB or it was done before? as wondering when the hearing date will come lol as already 1 year?