+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
van100 said:
Does the law remain unchanged?
In my CPR wrote Vancouver. Can I land in Toronto without problems? Just answer Yes or No if you never mind Captain Qorax :)
Thank you for your valuable time
Yes, u can.

van100

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex-Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
March 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Quote from: van100 on February 10, 2013, 05:08:56 pm
In my CPR wrote Vancouver. Can I land in Toronto without problems? Just answer Yes or No if you never mind Captain Qorax Smiley

qorax said:
Yes, u can.
Even if I have Medical surveillance?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
van100 said:
Quote from: van100 on February 10, 2013, 05:08:56 pm
In my CPR wrote Vancouver. Can I land in Toronto without problems? Just answer Yes or No if you never mind Captain Qorax Smiley

Even if I have Medical surveillance?
Even if you have Medical surveillance. It's one big computer system, they'll enter your address in Canada into the computer and you'll be fine.

van100

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex-Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
March 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
computergeek said:
Even if you have Medical surveillance. It's one big computer system, they'll enter your address in Canada into the computer and you'll be fine.
Thank you very much
Tomorrow will buy tickets to Toronto Inshaallah

van100

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex-Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
March 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Many thanks to you captain Qorax and computergeek. I am lucky to have your replies

Sainamo

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
Med's Request
6-12-2012
Med's Done....
30-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
Has anyone travelled in Saudi Airlines from India to Canada? The stopover at Riyadh is 8.5 hours and this is the part I am worried about the most. If anyone has travelled, please advise on service/convenience/food etc.

rahul.tiwari

Oct 1, 2012
Hi all,

Yes, I see this question has been answered many time. But some how I feel mine case is different or I am just looking for assurance from you guys!

I am moving to Winnipeg from India via London, Toronto due to connecting flight. Unfortunately I need to stay overnight at Toronto for almost 14 hours then I have to catch flight to Winnipeg.

I am having Temporary Foreign Worker Work Permit & first time flying to Canada.

Will there be any problem?

Thanks,

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rahul.tiwari said:
Hi all,

Yes, I see this question has been answered many time. But some how I feel mine case is different or I am just looking for assurance from you guys!

I am moving to Winnipeg from India via London, Toronto due to connecting flight. Unfortunately I need to stay overnight at Toronto for almost 14 hours then I have to catch flight to Winnipeg.

I am having Temporary Foreign Worker Work Permit & first time flying to Canada.

Will there be any problem?

Thanks,
No, you won't have any issues related to flying through Toronto to Winnipeg.

hr98115

Mar 1, 2013
Hi,
I am in Seattle, WA USA and have recently got me skilled worker visa and medical documentation. I want to drive to Canada for my first landing in my personal car. My wife has a job in Seattle so I want to apply for PR and come back to the US for 6 more months so that my wife can complete her contract. So my question is
1. Can I drive from USA to Canada ( Vancouver) for my first landing on skilled working immigration class
2. I want to return to USA within a week so if I apply for my PR and give the address of my relative would that be possible ?
3. Our family's stamped US Visa has expired but we do have the extensions with us till the end of the year . Will be able to drive back to usa on extended visa if our I-94 is not givenup at the USA border when we left ?
Thanks

FSW Applicant

Jan 21, 2013
Captain Qorax:

Greetings from Tanzania, and appreciation for the great work you are doing assisting Canada FSW applicants.

I imagine you have been asked the following questions a million times, but please pardon me to ask them again (I am afraid the legislation could have changed between the dates of the original posts and today):

1. I am delighted to have just received the visa and the CoPR. My intended destination was Vancouver (in the application and in the CoPR), but I now want to do the initial landing in Toronto. Is this OK, and will the BSO ask me why I am landing in Toronto?

2. If I get a return ticket (with the return date two weeks later), is this going to cause any problems? Are they likely to ask me why I decided to get a return ticket, and not one-way since I am moving to settle in Canada?

3. I intend to provide the address of a friend in Toronto for the PR. Will they ask me whether that will be my permanent address, or how dis I have/get my own address and I am only now just moving into the country?

4. I intend to carry about $50,000 in cash with me, and plan to declare on entry. Is this acceptable, and might it lead to questions on proof of legitimate earnings, etc? Do I have to carry my payslips and bank statements etc

Again, many thanks for the wonderful insightful and dedication to helping us from all over the world.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
FSW Applicant said:
Captain Qorax:

Greetings from Tanzania, and appreciation for the great work you are doing assisting Canada FSW applicants.

I imagine you have been asked the following questions a million times, but please pardon me to ask them again (I am afraid the legislation could have changed between the dates of the original posts and today):

1. I am delighted to have just received the visa and the CoPR. My intended destination was Vancouver (in the application and in the CoPR), but I now want to do the initial landing in Toronto. Is this OK, and will the BSO ask me why I am landing in Toronto?

2. If I get a return ticket (with the return date two weeks later), is this going to cause any problems? Are they likely to ask me why I decided to get a return ticket, and not one-way since I am moving to settle in Canada?

3. I intend to provide the address of a friend in Toronto for the PR. Will they ask me whether that will be my permanent address, or how dis I have/get my own address and I am only now just moving into the country?

4. I intend to carry about $50,000 in cash with me, and plan to declare on entry. Is this acceptable, and might it lead to questions on proof of legitimate earnings, etc? Do I have to carry my payslips and bank statements etc

Again, many thanks for the wonderful insightful and dedication to helping us from all over the world.
Replied elsewhere.

FSW Family

Mar 17, 2013
Dear Qorax

Our family plans to land (ex our son) at end of March via Ottawa airport. My son (>18) is studying in university in Montreal under study permit. Is there a way for him to land outside Quebec but inside Canada at a land POE with the US. What procedure would that involve ? PS. He does not have a US visa.

Many thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSW Family said:
Dear Qorax

Our family plans to land (ex our son) at end of March via Ottawa airport. My son (>18) is studying in university in Montreal under study permit. Is there a way for him to land outside Quebec but inside Canada at a land POE with the US. What procedure would that involve ? PS. He does not have a US visa.

Many thanks
This is how do a flagpole landing:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t116196.0.html

Yes, no us visa is required to do flagpole landing.

sidhardh

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
London
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
18/01/2018
HELLO QORAX,,,I APPPRECIATE URHELP...M DENTIST FRM INDIA,,,SO AFTER LANDING AS A IMMIGRANT,,,WAT ABT DAILY INCOME OR JOBS??THANK U..

PLS SKYPE ME-DRSIDHARDH

SMILESDENTZ@LIVE.COM

vannguyen

Mar 18, 2013
Hi Qorax & other members,

I understood from your replies to other members that as a FSW I can freely change the city of destination. But I'm still a bit worried and confused because my consultant advised that I'd better go to the city of destination (Calgary, Alberta) which I registered for in my visa application (and actually mentioned in my COPR) to avoid any possible troubles I may face with the Immigration officers at landing port. I have checked some other sources, and your reply is more convincing. However, for safety sake, where can I contact to confirm this point? If possible, I want to go to Edmonton instead of Calgary.

Sorry for making a silly question but I'm so worried.

Thank you
Van (mr)