+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

Umair

Jul 28, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
SAMINA111 said:
Dear Qorax
I am expecting my passports back after FSW visa from Islamabad within a week or two. During this time, I have to plan and arrange many things. My questions are:
1. Should I show the POF as cash or in addition to cash, I can show my current bank account statement in Pak Rs. in local Pakistani bank. They accepted my provident fund balance also as a POF, can I also take the updated PF balance certificate with me as one of the proofs of funds.
2. I must go in January and come back by 1st March due to childern school schedules. Can I do something for early delivery of PR card so that I can return within two months to avoid academic loss to my kids. Thye have final o level exams in May and need to catch up by coming back earlier. I need to land before 10 APRIL, my medicals expiry date. So I am sandwiched between these scenarios.
3. I intend to go and settle in Calgary but I am getting flights through Toronto. If I land in Toronto and complete my landing there, then simultaneously fly to Calgary through a connected flight, will I get the medical coverage of Alberta state from day one or I will be considered after 3 months for medical coverage as I originally landed in Toronto.
Your guidance will be of great help as always.

Regards

Samina
Landing does not mean you are going to settle there, when you register for SIN, Social Insurance Number from the city where you intend i.e Calgary, your medical will be started from there and then.

Best of Luck

SAMINA111

Oct 27, 2010
Umair said:
Landing does not mean you are going to settle there, when you register for SIN, Social Insurance Number from the city where you intend i.e Calgary, your medical will be started from there and then.

Best of Luck
Thanks Umair. Need comments of Qorax as well on my other questions.

Samina

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Umair said:
*There is only 'one' catch though. For Quebec, although any FSW would be allowed to enter thru a Quebec POE, they cannot complete the 'Record of Landing' here. And would have to further drive/fly to another province (any) to report to its Immigration Officer for the 'completion' of record of landing. This is because Quebec needs the CSQ certificate to complete this procedure. Which only is for a Quebec PR applicant. (however, it is not vice-versa... a Quebec PR applicant can do all the formalities in any other Canadian POE).

Dear Qorax,

Above I attached is your previous post, which says that no record of landing can be done in Quebec Cities. I assumed from your previos post that all landing formalities will be done at Edmonton, not in Monterial.??

Regards
It's OK. As long as u've an onward travel arrangement - they complete the 'landing' nowadays.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
SAMINA111 said:
Dear Qorax
I am expecting my passports back after FSW visa from Islamabad within a week or two. During this time, I have to plan and arrange many things. My questions are:
1. Should I show the POF as cash or in addition to cash, I can show my current bank account statement in Pak Rs. in local Pakistani bank. They accepted my provident fund balance also as a POF, can I also take the updated PF balance certificate with me as one of the proofs of funds.
2. I must go in January and come back by 1st March due to childern school schedules. Can I do something for early delivery of PR card so that I can return within two months to avoid academic loss to my kids. Thye have final o level exams in May and need to catch up by coming back earlier. I need to land before 10 APRIL, my medicals expiry date. So I am sandwiched between these scenarios.
3. I intend to go and settle in Calgary but I am getting flights through Toronto. If I land in Toronto and complete my landing there, then simultaneously fly to Calgary through a connected flight, will I get the medical coverage of Alberta state from day one or I will be considered after 3 months for medical coverage as I originally landed in Toronto.
Your guidance will be of great help as always.

Regards

Samina
Hi,

1. Only cash, DD, TC or an intl bank's statements r acceptable while 'landing'.
2. There's no way to speed-up our 1st PR cards.
3. Yes, no issues. As long as u 'actually' settle down in Alberta from day-1 of entry -- u r covered by their healthcare. If u 'land' & return back - u aren't supposed to have the medicare.

Qorax

Sainamo

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
Med's Request
6-12-2012
Med's Done....
30-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
Qorax & Seniors Pls Help

Hi,

I received a letter from CIC on 8 Nov 2012 asking for the ROPR Fees, Police Certificates (India and Bahrain) and Medical Tests.

I initiated the medicals on the 5th of December for my family. All the medicals are fine, except my wife's urine analysis for which she has to undergo another test next week. (26 December).

I have received the Police certificates from India and submitted the request for Bahrain which will be received on 3rd of January.

Given this situation, I am worried that the Medicals/Bahrain Certs might not reach the CIC before the 60 day deadline. I however plan to send the Indian certificates and ROPR Fees with a covering letter explaining my circumstances. Should this be sufficient or do I need to do anything else? Please advise urgently.

Thanks,

Sainamo.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Re: Qorax & Seniors Pls Help

Sainamo said:
Given this situation, I am worried that the Medicals/Bahrain Certs might not reach the CIC before the 60 day deadline. I however plan to send the Indian certificates and ROPR Fees with a covering letter explaining my circumstances. Should this be sufficient or do I need to do anything else? Please advise urgently.
Even if you didn't get them to CIC within the 60 day timeframe all that will happen is that CIC will send you another letter - this time stating if they don't hear from you they will abandon your application.

If it's going to take longer, tell them so - send them a letter and state by what date you expect to reply. Either way, you'll be fine.

duplexblue

Dec 3, 2012
Hello Qorax, WOW you have a royal following ...well done

A question please....

I have the PR Visa in my passport through an AEO Arranged employment in Edmonton....but we want to land in Vancouver..in 2013.........I can give a friends address for the PR Cards in Edmonton and he will send them to me DHL Express

Actually we want to stay in Vancouver..........when I am in Vancouver for the SIN Card will CIS ask questions about AEO Edmonton.....Please excuse if you have answered this question before...I did read your excellent advice I just want to be sure....

Sainamo

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
Med's Request
6-12-2012
Med's Done....
30-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
Re: Qorax & Seniors Pls Help

computergeek said:
Even if you didn't get them to CIC within the 60 day timeframe all that will happen is that CIC will send you another letter - this time stating if they don't hear from you they will abandon your application.

If it's going to take longer, tell them so - send them a letter and state by what date you expect to reply. Either way, you'll be fine.
Thanks Computergeek. +1 for your efforts.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
duplexblue said:
Hello Qorax, WOW you have a royal following ...well done

A question please....

I have the PR Visa in my passport through an AEO Arranged employment in Edmonton....but we want to land in Vancouver..in 2013.........I can give a friends address for the PR Cards in Edmonton and he will send them to me DHL Express

Actually we want to stay in Vancouver..........when I am in Vancouver for the SIN Card will CIS ask questions about AEO Edmonton.....Please excuse if you have answered this question before...I did read your excellent advice I just want to be sure....
Hi,

With an AEO u r expected to work for that employer in that province/territory of his operation. Thus, if u 'land' elsewhere - it might raise some eyebrows. However, if u convince the BSO@the POE that u were just entering Canada thru this POE and r moving onward thereafter - s/he might let u in.

Qorax

duplexblue

Dec 3, 2012
Thank You qorax Thank You for taking the time to assist .....a BIG Thanks sent your way

Just one point , there is no direct flights to Edmonton from my country , so I will have to Land in either Toronto or Vancouver

I will get a return flight from Edmonton, perhaps I can advise Immigration officer that after landing in BC I am moving on to Edmonton..what do you think.,,,I mean I could fly Via UK or amsterdam with many connecting flights to Edmonton ....if you think this is best way I will do it, although I do remember your advise that federal skilled worker can land anywhere ? I got the FSW / AEO PR VISA

Qorax me and all the forum members appreciate your kind advice

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
duplexblue said:
Thank You qorax Thank You for taking the time to assist .....a BIG Thanks sent your way

Just one point , there is no direct flights to Edmonton from my country , so I will have to Land in either Toronto or Vancouver

I will get a return flight from Edmonton, perhaps I can advise Immigration officer that after landing in BC I am moving on to Edmonton..what do you think.,,,I mean I could fly Via UK or amsterdam with many connecting flights to Edmonton ....if you think this is best way I will do it, although I do remember your advise that federal skilled worker can land anywhere ? I got the FSW / AEO PR VISA
Two points:

(1) Once you are a PR you have the right to live anywhere in Canada that you wish - guaranteed by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
(2) You can just tell them when you land that you are uncertain of your address and will provide it within 180 days so they may send your PR card to the correct address. Or you can give your friend's address and have your friend forward the card.

I cannot imagine how a CBSA officer would ascertain your onward travel plans - you could say you planned on taking the train, a bus or even driving, but you are going to stay with friends in Vancouver for a few days. Plans do change. Provided you did not misrepresent the facts to CBSA, they cannot simply take away your PR. So don't lie - but you don't have to volunteer potential future decisions, either.

Or you could be landing prior to your visa expiration and then returning back to your home country to settle your affairs before your final (permanent) relocation to Canada.

Good luck!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Umair said:
*There is only 'one' catch though. For Quebec, although any FSW would be allowed to enter thru a Quebec POE, they cannot complete the 'Record of Landing' here. And would have to further drive/fly to another province (any) to report to its Immigration Officer for the 'completion' of record of landing. This is because Quebec needs the CSQ certificate to complete this procedure. Which only is for a Quebec PR applicant. (however, it is not vice-versa... a Quebec PR applicant can do all the formalities in any other Canadian POE).

Dear Qorax,

Above I attached is your previous post, which says that no record of landing can be done in Quebec Cities. I assumed from your previos post that all landing formalities will be done at Edmonton, not in Monterial.??

Regards
No, you are wrong. If you enter at a Quebec Port of Entry and have proof of onward travel, your "landing" will be processed.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
PMM said:
No, you are wrong. If you enter at a Quebec Port of Entry and have proof of onward travel, your "landing" will be processed.
In defence of the original post, it was almost three years ago, so perhaps things have since change?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

computergeek said:
In defence of the original post, it was almost three years ago, so perhaps things have since change?
No, they haven't changed, you always were "landed" at the first port of entry.