App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
I guess, that's why the sent so many RQs issued, as they did not have the consent to get the information.
With new forms and the consent given in advance, I hope there will be almost no RQs.

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
The consent in the new forms does not specify airlines
its for the health record and the immigration not the Airlines which is even not a governmental Agency

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
adame said:
Guys, this is not the point. The point is Air canada is something and the immigration is something else.. they can not simply exchange information, it is by law confidential. just like the bank statements and information. its confidential and can not be shared between different parties without your consent..
so it does seem that the immigration know we leave but the only way they can know is through the airlines.. is that allowed legally?
Plus aircanada is a publlic company not a governmental agency.
strange
Because national security is involved, customs and immigration has access to flight manifests. It's no different in the US or most other first world countries that I'm aware of.

One time when my husband entered Canada before he became a PR and was sent to secondary inspection. Since he's American his passport wasn't always being stamped when he entered Canada (he was entering often). However immigration knew about all of his exits and entries - both air and land border. They brought this info up on their computers. It made no difference if he had a stamp or not - so this information must have come from flight manifests and also US immigration for the land border crossings.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add...

I think it's absolutely fine this information is tracked and I wish CIC could just pull all of this data when my husband applies for citizenship this fall so that it's easy to prove that he has met the residency obligation. My husband will have more than enough residency days when he applies and will have nothing to hide. If someone doesn't want CIC to see flight manifest information - then it sounds like they have something to hide and are applying for citizenship even though they don't qualify.

Anyone who is trying to cheat the system and lie about their number of residency days is one of the main reason why the citizenship process takes so long and why so many RQs are issued. If everyone was honest then we wouldn't need RQs. However unfortunately people lie and try to cheat the system - and that's why RQs were invented.

mic8400

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Coral Springs, FL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This has nothing to do with public company vs government. This public company is transporting people over international lines. This means it is tracked, fair and square, sorry you can't "get one by" the system, but you ought to just do what you have to do and accept the way it is.

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Ok, Got it, they know from the airlines every step.. so why years to process applications and why RQs? and why copy your full 6 passports and why the massive waste of time and money?
In the UK similar applications are processed while you wait in the hall.. dont you think its a massive waste?
my friend applied for something similar in the UK, I think it was an indefinite leave to remain that required residency for 5 years in the UK. on the day he paid extra and went to the centre, and got it all approved while he waits.. the whole think took a few hours.
The negative impact on the country and us and our families is tremendous and seems to me un-necessary
I love canada and want to see it the best country but this process does not make sense to me.. but hey, neither do women and we still love them..
I guess we tend to love complication and non sense making acts.. may be..

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
adame said:
The consent in the new forms does not specify airlines
its for the health record and the immigration not the Airlines which is even not a governmental Agency
They do not need to contact airlines, - they as for the consent to contact the border service to get all the information about travelling. and that is sure the government agency. They do not need to contact airlines as a person can leave and enter Canada not only by air, but by land and water too.

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Suin said:
- they as for the consent to contact the border service to get all the information about travelling. and that is sure the government agency. They do not need to contact airlines as a person can leave and enter Canada not only by air, but by land and water too.
TRUE BUT, how would the border service ever know if they don't stamp the passport or scan it or even have immigration control on departures.. it could only be the airlines that tell them.. may they burn in hell..

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
adame said:
TRUE BUT, how would the border service ever know if they don't stamp the passport or scan it or even have immigration control on departures.. it could only be the airlines that tell them.. may they burn in hell..
Why do you care? What do you need to hide?

CBSA has records of everyone crossing the border be it by land, sea or air. They don't need to access info from the Airlines. When you enter or leave through an airport you hand them your passport and flight ticket. Anyone with conditions attached to their passport number would be flagged.

Air Canada is no longer a Crown Corporation. It was completely privatized in the 1980's.

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Why in almost every thread a guy or two will come out and say to someone at a point, AHA THEN YOU WANT TO HIDE SOMETHING
its a pity that some people there behind their laptops doubt other peoples' intention and play Mr and Mrs detective

We are all now part of this system, partners in it, its like we have an agreement with the government. and that involves not only us, but our families, life, emotions, work and everything you care about in this life.
and it is clearly been run inefficiently for a reason that no one understands.
I am trying to understand why my life is been handled like that? think, compare and try to find a solution.. now another smart one will say "if you don't like it leave it".. how easy is it to criticise people and repeat others' says

Some people have nothing to hide, and just want to raise a voice and say WHY IS THIS In efficient ? what is wrong with that? trying to understand and put myself in the system place?

How can the immigration know we leave? and if they know by a way or another why they take years to grant us what we agreed on after a very long emotional roller-coaster. and there is a fact that on departures you dont meet a single governmental person, only the airlines. then it must be the airlines as some members say here, but is that legal for the airlines to exchange sensitive info like this with others? no its not legal. some say we give consent in the new forms and I said the consent in not for airlines two distribute our info like that.... now what is wrong with this thinking? does this mean I want to hide anything? what is wrong with people trying to be more royal than the king? pity

I wish some people stop this tone of: "If you don't like it leave it" or ahaaaaa, you must be hiding something..

God bless you all
is steeling a car a criminal offence? just asking ...

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Suin said:
They do not need to contact airlines, - they as for the consent to contact the border service to get all the information about travelling. and that is sure the government agency. They do not need to contact airlines as a person can leave and enter Canada not only by air, but by land and water too.
And how do the border service know? only through the airlines, right?
its the only way.
fine by me but guess what? its illegal.