Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
UK is just like Canada, they don't stamp your passport on departures.. and I thought then they will never know.. I was wrong.

I recently requested my travel history from the UK and to my surprise they also listed most of my departures .. very accurately.. even with the destination airport and some comments like " departure confirmed" or "passenger checked in"

Does anyone knows if the same happens in Canada? Do they know when we depart ?

I thought airlines keep those info confidential and not share those info with the government unless authorized by the passenger..

scary..

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
adame said:
UK is just like Canada, they don't stamp your passport on departures.. and I thought then they will never know.. I was wrong.

I recently requested my travel history from the UK and to my surprise they listed most of my departures to.. very accurately.. even with the destination airport and some comments like " departure confirmed" or "passenger checked in"

I thought airlines keep those info confidential and not share those info with the government unless authorized by the passenger..

scary..
You have to be joking... Seriously? Of course governments know who's coming and going..

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
This does not make sense

IF they do know when we leave, then why on earth we have to go through all the rubbish RQ and other evidences of staying here for 3 years. they can simply refer to the records.. if they keep one!!

I say they don't know your departures.. but my latest experience with the UKBA is confusing me

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You were referring to airlines.. The UKBA doesn't always track you leaving by other means, such as rail or sea.

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Very unfair!!
How can we cheat then?!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Blame
a) terrorism
b) the USA

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adame said:
This does not make sense

IF they do know when we leave, then why on earth we have to go through all the rubbish RQ and other evidences of staying here for 3 years. they can simply refer to the records.. if they keep one!!

I say they don't know your departures.. but my latest experience with the UKBA is confusing me
oh! They've got it. It is not that they haven't gotten it so they're delaying your applications. It is to see if they deliberately put on hold for the next 4 years will you still stay in Canada. If so then you're worth processing for citizenship. They not only want to know that your 1095 days are genuine but also want to assure that you stay and work for the aging population. My frustration is what's exactly unreasonable in this that they don't come clean on it. That's the point I don't like!

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Doesn`t make sense again
because if you leave on your 1096 day, you will still get it.. this is the law, isn`t it
so staying after the 3 years is ill-relevant

I dont think they know, but how comes you are very sure they do؟

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per my understanding the border agents have records of even the land crossings, which is the least traceable. So they do keep a record, though it makes sense that it can be only inbound. The reason they're not gung-ho about it is because they do not want any illegals to persistently stay in the country if they keep checking meticulously for passports and visas. If you're leaving the country, well and good for you, have a safe journey, good riddance. May be the next time you try to enter illegally again, we'll get you. That's the attitude with countries like USA and Canada, needless to say Canada heavily bases its policies and practices in line with and identical to USA's. USA need to follow this process at least to get rid of the illegals who decide to get out after making some money. But to answer your question on where do the relevance comes if you travel crazily to foreign countries after finishing 1095 days. You see just because you finished off 1095 days and applied, you are not sure those are the time range the CIC officer is considering to check your CBSA records. The time he comes to CBSA records it would have been at least 6 to 8 months when you have clearly established a prolonged or frequent trips back and forth. I'm guessing that's the way it might affect your processing. But this is just a reason because quite a few did get citizenships hassle-free even after traveling after 1095 days. Now, there could be experienced members who would vehemently refute this logic or even call it stupid. But no one can deny this possibility, its can always happen!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
All flight manifests are shared with CBSA, so you can bet your bottom dollar they have the records. They actually refer to it, the new forms have a question to authorise access to these records.

I attended a workshop a few years back and one of the booths had posters/information about privacy and confidentiality. I was shocked to learn just how much information is recorded on everyone daily. Did you know that when you book a flight(or make reservations) the airline is required to run your name through some databases(I'm guessing 'do not fly lists', etc) before you can be cleared for take off?

So if you are travelling from Canada to Australia, every country you land or whose airspace you will flyover(e.g. the US) is provided a flight manifest. This makes absolute sense considering people have lied on applications forms about their travels yet CIC discovered it. e.g. one case last year of a guy who spent a few years in Italy but left it off his application and CIC uncovered it. This also explains why people can get away with security at one airport but be detained on arrival.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
adame said:

I recently requested my travel history from the UK and to my surprise they also listed most of my departures .. very accurately.. even with the destination airport and some comments like " departure confirmed" or "passenger checked in"

scary..
They do always scan your passport any time you leave and arrive. They do not need to stamp the passport, as as soon as it's scanned the complete info is in their database.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
adame said:
This does not make sense

simply...because they are lazy!

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They also scan permanent residents' PR cards at least on arrival to Canada. I don't know if they scan them when you leave Canada, I don't see that well behind the counter :p

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Nordicgirl said:
They also scan permanent residents' PR cards at least on arrival to Canada. I don't know if they scan them when you leave Canada, I don't see that well behind the counter :p
yes, they do. they always ask me to give them my PR card on check in and scan it - any time I leave and arrive back.

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Guys, this is not the point. The point is Air canada is something and the immigration is something else.. they can not simply exchange information, it is by law confidential. just like the bank statements and information. its confidential and can not be shared between different parties without your consent..
so it does seem that the immigration know we leave but the only way they can know is through the airlines.. is that allowed legally?
Plus aircanada is a publlic company not a governmental agency.
strange

Reactions: jdCanadian