+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorced Before visa but principal applicant landed

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She must have carried the funds to get her immigration. If she didn't have funds at the time of her immigration, she would not have gotten her PR. This may be another reason why she is not willing to give him her address or phone number, she wants to keep his money.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if he comes up with the truth to immigration, both of them will probably come under misrepresentations....so the choice is his..which way he wants to go...

1- find your wife as someone earlier posted..tell her to support your landing or face the music...

2- apply on your own and come clean with facts..

navsam

Jun 28, 2011
Leon said:
There are many people who get married and don't tell when they land. I have only heard of one who lost his PR because of it. They are usually just barred from sponsoring their spouse but nothing happens to their own PR. It is possible that she will be in big trouble, I don't know.

He says they were divorced before the visa but how does he know what his wife said in the interview? He was not there. If she lied about still being married, that is bad but it is possible that she was never asked and lied about nothing so then it becomes not a lie but an oversight not to notify. Besides, she has nothing to gain not to notify about her divorce if she was not getting points for him which would strengthen her case that it was oversight, not purposeful.
Hi Leon and everyone, I am really in debt with all of you guys who have been assisting me to come out from this big havoc. dear Leon, I have paid every single fees that should be paid to the immigration consultant and performed all the documentation procedures from beginning to till we got visa. Yes definitely I want to land in Canada but I think Its not possible for me to land in Canada at any condition just because she is not providing me her any details including phone number, physical address etc, etc, that questions will definitely asked by immigration officer in the entry point of Canada and that I will not be able to provide them I may have to get back to my home country. So......... I have decided to surrender my Passport/Landing Papers and divorced paper provided by the high court (we were divorced before visa, (divorced in 5 Dec 2010 and interview held in 11 Dec 2010 and visa issued in 18 Dec 2010). Now just let me know what will happen to her PR status? will she be deported to home country? or not?

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navsam said:
Hi Leon and everyone, I am really in debt with all of you guys who have been assisting me to come out from this big havoc. dear Leon, I have paid every single fees that should be paid to the immigration consultant and performed all the documentation procedures from beginning to till we got visa. Yes definitely I want to land in Canada but I think Its not possible for me to land in Canada at any condition just because she is not providing me her any details including phone number, physical address etc, etc, that questions will definitely asked by immigration officer in the entry point of Canada and that I will not be able to provide them I may have to get back to my home country. So......... I have decided to surrender my Passport/Landing Papers and divorced paper provided by the high court (we were divorced before visa, (divorced in 5 Dec 2010 and interview held in 11 Dec 2010 and visa issued in 18 Dec 2010). Now just let me know what will happen to her PR status? will she be deported to home country? or not?
Hi!

I think you have taken the right decision. Now leave everything upto CIC. Its their job to trace her in Canada and that can easily be done if they search their records. Also inform CIC that she used your money to apply for PR visa and showed that money at landing. I think they will call her to explain everything and her PR visa would most likely be cancelled. I wish you good luck with your new application.

Thanks

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
new_2_canada said:
We are discussing about he applying again as a fresh applicant and do the process again, but as he already have the PR then why do not he just do the Landing and start afresh there without going through the process of applying again.

Is there anything wrong with this?
Hi. Since he was not married to the principal applicant at the time of landing he is no longer eligible, and his PR status is not confirmed until he completes record of landing.

So technically he would be breaking the rules (and probably the law) but attempting to now land. Are you asking would he "get away with it"? Maybe. Probably. But of course if he doesn't he may be ruled inadmissable to Canada for several years.

Anyway navsam - what I would do is be completely honest with CIC - tell them exactly what's happened, and ask them if they will still honour your PR status or do they advise you to apply again separately?

I would not mention the lies told by your wife in the interview unless you are specifically ask, but if you are asked then you need to be honest about this. Your wife has committed a federal offence by knowingly lying to the authorities during your interview, but now she is a landed PR I am uncertain how bothered they will be about this, or whether they will just let it slide.

Either way, you don't want to be entering Canada based on a lie.

I wish you the best of luck.
Wayne.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Anyway navsam - what I would do is be completely honest with CIC - tell them exactly what's happened, and ask them if they will still honour your PR status or do they advise you to apply again separately?

I would not mention the lies told by your wife in the interview unless you are specifically ask, but if you are asked then you need to be honest about this. Your wife has committed a federal offence by knowingly lying to the authorities during your interview, but now she is a landed PR I am uncertain how bothered they will be about this, or whether they will just let it slide.
Hi Wayne!

You mean if he doesn't tell CIC unless asked that her wife lied during interview then what is he gonna tell CIC?? to honour his PR status based on what? He is not in touch with his wife, doesn't know her address then how they can honour his PR visa? Do you mean he should say that his wife is gone missing in Canada?I simply didn't understand your logic?

Thanks

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
pittabread said:
Hi Wayne!

You mean if he doesn't tell CIC unless asked that her wife lied during interview then what is he gonna tell CIC?? to honour his PR status based on what? He is not in touch with his wife, doesn't know her address then how they can honour his PR visa? Do you mean he should say that his wife is gone missing in Canada?I simply didn't understand your logic?

Thanks

I am saying that he says he is now divorced from his wife (which is true) but he hasn't landed yet (which is true). Can they please advice what is the status regarding his PR and his ability to land?

If they say he is ok to land anyway (knowing he is divorced) then CIC are letting him land anyway, and he has told no lies nor is he hiding his marital status from CIC. If they then ask him when he was divorced he will of course have to tell the truth.

But all that will be achieved by explicitly bringing up the fact that his ex-wife lied during the interview will be to get his ex-wife in trouble and possibly affect her PR status, so it would only really serve as revenge.

Morally the question is this - will CIC allow him to land and be a permanent resident even though he is no longer married to his ex-wife? The answer will be yes or no, and as long as he is up front about his marital status his wife's stupidity in the interview isn't the real issue.

Wayne.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
I am saying that he says he is now divorced from his wife (which is true) but he hasn't landed yet (which is true). Can they please advice what is the status regarding his PR and his ability to land?
He and I was talking in a sense that these questions will be asked at port of entry if he tries to land. So you mean instead to book a flight and try to land he should write them a letter and ask that he is divorced and if he can land or not? If that is the case then I think they definitely gonna ask the date of divorce and then he would need to explain everything.

Anyways your idea also sounds ok and if he is lucky enough they might allow him to land as divorced person and not ask him the date of divorce.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think there is a zero chance that he would be allowed to land as an ex-husband of an FSW applicant. He got the visa as a dependant of his wife and he isn't any more if they are divorced.

navsam

Jun 28, 2011
Cappuccino said:

If they say he is ok to land anyway (knowing he is divorced) then CIC are letting him land anyway, and he has told no lies nor is he hiding his marital status from CIC. If they then ask him when he was divorced he will of course have to tell the truth.

But all that will be achieved by explicitly bringing up the fact that his ex-wife lied during the interview will be to get his ex-wife in trouble and possibly affect her PR status, so it would only really serve as revenge.

Morally the question is this - will CIC allow him to land and be a permanent resident even though he is no longer married to his ex-wife? The answer will be yes or no, and as long as he is up front about his marital status his wife's stupidity in the interview isn't the real issue.

Wayne.
Dear Wayne,
Thank you very much for the valuable suggestions, Now my questions to you all is

1. What would happened if she disclosed that she is already divorced in home country at the entry point while landing?
2. If she didn't disclosed she as divorcee at the entry point while landing is there still my chance to land in Canada? if yes what questions will be asked by immigration officer regarding her ? and if she wants to get married again in Canada do her ex-husband (me) needs to be physically present?

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
I think there is a zero chance that he would be allowed to land as an ex-husband of an FSW applicant. He got the visa as a dependant of his wife and he isn't any more if they are divorced.
Agreed... I also see very minimal chances that it can happen...........

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navsam said:
1. What would happened if she disclosed that she is already divorced in home country at the entry point while landing?
2. If she didn't disclosed she as divorcee at the entry point while landing is there still my chance to land in Canada? if yes what questions will be asked by immigration officer regarding her ? and if she wants to get married again in Canada do her ex-husband (me) needs to be physically present?
Dear,

These things nobody knows except your wife and we can't guess or speculate what she had told immigration officers and what questions will be asked by immigration officers if you try to land

I know this is a real tough time for you and you have been through hell and paid lot of money as well and you are deceived by some one but we all make mistakes. Its actually your mistake in the past that is making you suffer now. Why not prepare a fresh application and apply again. Today new instructions are announced and under new instructions it will take 6 to 8 months to get a visa. Why not choose the right path instead of getting anxieties and making useless plans.

Please don't take me wrong, I am with you and I want you to be successful but I also want you to choose the right path.

May God help you to overcome your problems.........All the best.........

Thanks...........

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
pittabread said:
Dear,

These things nobody knows except your wife and we can't guess or speculate what she had told immigration officers and what questions will be asked by immigration officers if you try to land

I know this is a real tough time for you and you have been through hell and paid lot of money as well and you are deceived by some one but we all make mistakes. Its actually your mistake in the past that is making you suffer now. Why not prepare a fresh application and apply again. Today new instructions are announced and under new instructions it will take 6 to 8 months to get a visa. Why not choose a right path instead of getting anxieties and making useless plans.

Please don't take me wrong, I am with you and I want you to be successful but I also want you to choose the right path.

May God help you to overcome your problems.........All the best.........

Thanks...........
Hi , I dont think she had disclosed that change about her marital status at the POE,as there are clear instructions from CIC to report any change in marital status etc before landing ,otherwise it will be taken as misinterpretation so if she had reported her divorced status at POE only ,definitely she would have denied entry so its for sure that would not have disclosed to IA at the POE.In that case she has also committed misinterpretation ,so in my view her PR status could be cancelled and she can be denied entry to Canada for 2 yrs.

navsam

Jun 28, 2011
newcomer said:
Hi , I dont think she had disclosed that change about her marital status at the POE,as there are clear instructions from CIC to report any change in marital status etc before landing ,otherwise it will be taken as misinterpretation so if she had reported her divorced status at POE only ,definitely she would have denied entry so its for sure that would not have disclosed to IA at the POE.In that case she has also committed misinterpretation ,so in my view her PR status could be cancelled and she can be denied entry to Canada for 2 yrs.

Thank you very much to everyone who have been helping me out with this disgusting woman. Overall more than $ 15000 money has been cheated by this cunny cow. Now she has written to someone else that she had told to immigration officer that she is already divorced, at the Entry Point of Canada? do you think is this believable? Canadian Immigration let her go in stead of knowing that she had divorced before visa? what do you think my friends? Now she is telling that she is in New York? what a funny.