+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorced Before visa but principal applicant landed

new_2_canada

Apr 25, 2011
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are discussing about he applying again as a fresh applicant and do the process again, but as he already have the PR then why do not he just do the Landing and start afresh there without going through the process of applying again.

Is there anything wrong with this?

ftnasorw

Jun 18, 2011
totally agree with new2canada.
no matter how bad it turned up in your personal life, the common goal was canada. you both got your PR? the only reason that I see you are not landing, is revenge.
do you really want to go this way? VO should blame you both, because you knew very well what was going on when you submitted your passport to get it stamped.
if you really want to land (i know it's based on a lie, you also know, so you do it on your own responsibility) then just go. If you just want to get back at her then apply on your own again, but have in mind there are going to be consequences. Don't know which option is worse than the other...

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your wife is unlikely to tell the authorities you are divorced unless she knows nothing about the consequences.

What is the point telling anyone you are divorced? You could have landed in Canada and divorced here too.

Just take the next flight and stick to the answers you provided in your initial application.
Then, if you want to avoid future trouble, find your wife and get an official divorce papers from Canada, as if you divorced in Canada.

Then she will be entitled to spousal support depending on how much you make, if you make anything at all.

If this divorce is not cleared somehow in the immigration system, it can lead to future problems when one of you wnats to re-marry in Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
His problem using the visa when he is divorced is that he shouldn't even have that visa at all. His wife was the principal applicant so I don't know why she didn't just tell them they were divorced. If she didn't need him for points, then there was no reason for her not to tell them. It would not at all have affected her application. He on the other hand shouldn't have this visa. If she would have told them they were divorced, she would have gotten the visa for herself and he wouldn't. That is the problem with using it for him. If it ever comes out that he used that visa, he could lose his PR. Even after citizenship you are not safe if you gained your PR through misrepresentation.

Either of them could get caught if they later re-marry and need to sponsor a new spouse. Immigration may look at the date of landing and date of divorce and realize the problem.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
His problem using the visa when he is divorced is that he shouldn't even have that visa at all. His wife was the principal applicant so I don't know why she didn't just tell them they were divorced. If she didn't need him for points, then there was no reason for her not to tell them. It would not at all have affected her application. He on the other hand shouldn't have this visa. If she would have told them they were divorced, she would have gotten the visa for herself and he wouldn't. That is the problem with using it for him. If it ever comes out that he used that visa, he could lose his PR. Even after citizenship you are not safe if you gained your PR through misrepresentation.

Either of them could get caught if they later re-marry and need to sponsor a new spouse. Immigration may look at the date of landing and date of divorce and realize the problem.

She didn't tell the authorities becuase that could have delayed the PR visa.

Thanks

navsam

Jun 28, 2011
new_2_canada said:
We are discussing about he applying again as a fresh applicant and do the process again, but as he already have the PR then why do not he just do the Landing and start afresh there without going through the process of applying again.

Thank you very much new_2_canada indeed for every useful and precious information regarding problem and havoc that I have been given by my spouse. yes if I start new application it definitely takes very much long time and lot more harassment are there. Yes I do have PR visa its sounds really peculiar because she has already landed in Canada and she is not ready to provide her details like physical address, telephone number etc that is asked at the entry port by Immigration Officer... isn't it? If I am fail to provide her details I will definitely be detained and sent back? am I right? what do you suggest me in this case?

navsam

Jun 28, 2011
Leon said:

Dear Leon, Yes she didn't tell visa officer that we were divorced because she used my whole funds till the visa issuance. Yes you are 100% right in this point. I will definitely will not get visa at all if she disclosed that we are divorced while in process. She did not disclosed because she didn't have single penny of money to settle down in Canada from the initial phase to ending phase. this is the reason.

navsam

Jun 28, 2011
Leon said:
His ex-wife was the principal applicant and the principal applicant can either land before or with the rest of the family. The rest of the family can not land without the principal applicant having done it first or doing it at the same time.

I don't see how this guy is going to have any problems because of his wife's lies. They are divorced so how does he even know if she is going for interview and what she is telling them unless she tells him? He can really not be blamed for that.
Dear Leon, Yes I can understand that spouse or other dependent can not land without prior landing of principal applicant. She used to come with me frequently with me after divorce just because of funds. I was also there in the interview while giving false statement. But most of question were asked to her being as principal applicant. I think I just can not land because she is not in my contact right now? can I land without her contact in Canada? I don't think so. what do you suggest in this condition or what would happened if she told to immigration officer that we were divorced while landing in Canada for the first time?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you try to land and don't give her address, they will definitely ask why. They may call her and ask if she still wants you to immigrate or if you are already separated. It is likely that you would be sent back and your visa cancelled. It will however also get her in trouble if you provide the divorce papers saying you were already divorced when she landed. If she used funds in your name, she can no longer say it was an oversight on her part not telling them because she had a motive to lie.

Edit: I just read your last post saying you were present at this interview. If you were sitting there while already divorced and not stopping her when she is lying, you are guilty of the lie too. In that case, it is better that you let your PR visa expire, apply on your own and never tell immigration about the lie.

If you never plan to tell immigration about the lie, you could also force your wife to let you land by sending her an email or communicating through her relatives that if she does not tell you her address so you can also land, you will let immigration know that she lied and she will lose her PR.

navsam

Jun 28, 2011
new_2_canada said:

hello new_2_Canada, thank you very much for your precious advices and suggestions. I hope you will definitely come out in the conclusion for new fresh application of mine. Yes I do have already PR and want to land but my ex-wife is not in my contact and hiding in Canada. I just don't know where is she? in this case how can I land? what do you suggest me?

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
If you try to land and don't give her address, they will definitely ask why. They may call her and ask if she wants you to immigrate. It is likely that you would be sent back and your visa cancelled. It will however also get her in trouble if you provide the divorce papers saying you were already divorced when she landed. If she used funds in your name, she can no longer say it was an oversight on her part not telling them because she had a motive to lie.
Thats how this cheating and lieing affects people and you can't runaway from that. In my opinion he should have informed CIC long before that she lied in interview and used his funds to get PR visa. Even now I would advise him to tell CIC the truth and provide divorce papers stating divorce took place before the interview to clear his side and apply as fresh.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pittabread said:
Even now I would advise him to tell CIC the truth and provide divorce papers stating divorce took place before the interview to clear his side and apply as fresh.
That would be the honest thing to do but sometimes when you start lying, you have already created the problem and you can not get out. He has now revealed that he was at the interview where she lied so he is not exactly innocent himself. He can not exactly say that he didn't know that she lied if he was sitting there listening himself. If he comes forward to immigration and acknowledges the lie, it is also his lie and it can get him in trouble with immigration as well. He may be barred from applying again for 2 years.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
That would be the honest thing to do but sometimes when you start lying, you have already created the problem and you can not get out. He has now revealed that he was at the interview where she lied so he is not exactly innocent himself. He can not exactly say that he didn't know that she lied if he was sitting there listening himself. If he comes forward to immigration and acknowledges the lie, it is also his lie and it can get him in trouble with immigration as well. He may be barred from applying again for 2 years.
Dear Leon!

I think to solve all his problems and to have peace of mind he needs to come clean and tell the truth and he needs to tell the authorities that he hided things before. That would be the hardest thing to do but in that way he can have his peace of mind back and this will also be right for his cheating wife who lied to get her PR . They may not bar him if he voluntarily comes forward......... This is my suggestion for him and I wish him good luck.

Thanks

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
navsam said:
Dear Leon, Yes she didn't tell visa officer that we were divorced because she used my whole funds till the visa issuance. Yes you are 100% right in this point. I will definitely will not get visa at all if she disclosed that we are divorced while in process. She did not disclosed because she didn't have single penny of money to settle down in Canada from the initial phase to ending phase. this is the reason.
So did you let her carry your all funds to Canada ? Because at the time of entry , surely the immigration officer might have asked about the funds. And if not, then she might have lied again to the immigration officer too.

Cheers..