Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
09-06-2014
LT1013 said:
Haha that's so weird, just our lines are swapped.

Thanks for your input!
Anytime! ;) dont you just hate it how the slightest difference can make you worry? But hopefully its not a big deal. We'll be receiving our COPR in the mail soon, so if we dont get it, we know what to blame. Lol! :p

LT1013

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
27-11-2015
Pakster84 said:
My ECAS has the mailing address set up just the way you described it!
House #
Street name
City, province
postal code

must not be a big deal.....!?
Yup that's the same exact format I got, haha.

kcorbin said:
Anytime! ;) dont you just hate it how the slightest difference can make you worry? But hopefully its not a big deal. We'll be receiving our COPR in the mail soon, so if we dont get it, we know what to blame. Lol! :p
Congrats! I'm sure someone will see something unusual before it gets mailed off

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
OhCanadiana said:
I would send in the FBI letter now (despite the request to combine them - these are form letters and the Mexico police certificates are the exception to police certificate rules in that you can't get them yourself). I would tell them you will coordinate with the Embassy of Mexico to get the PGR lettet and police certificate. That way, they get the FBI letter before it expires. If you reply back to that e-mail without changing the subject or historic context, your e-mail will go back to the officer who sent it to you and is processing your case.

Then, I would send a case specific enquiry to the Mexico VO confirming that they can process the PC for you and ask them timing. It takes 10 days once the PGR gets it (maximum) whether from you or the Embassy of Canada in Mexico but it seems that it can take the Embassy much longer to process them. Depending on their response, you could ask them for a request letter instead (for the PGR) and process it in May when you're in Mexico anyway. If you choose to process it yourself during your visit, ask whether you should deliver the original PGR certificate to the Mexico VO or Ottawa VO (I don't know if other VOs actually 'process' them or if only Mexico VO authenticates them and inputs them into the system).
OhCanadiana, Thank you very much for your advice!!! All of this is very useful, and a good strategy. All best, Abuelita

Icy Empress

Oct 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
3-15-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
AmericanGirlinLove said:
Do you mind me asking what you said when you called? Did you mention ECAS at all or just a general inquiry?
We just said that we had Decision Made March 31st and wondered if our papers were still being prepared or if it was in the post. They ask a lot of questions and only the primary applicant can call in.

Oh I see you called in hehe! Congrats :)

Icy Empress

Oct 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
3-15-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
BeShoo said:
That's good news. Sorry for being so slow to respond. I just got a job putting up dozens of signs in Toronto and I'm juggling that with responsibilities in Gatineau, so I barely have any time to even sleep.

I think it took several days (5 days?) between the time the CoPR was printed and when it was mailed, and that was a few days after the decision was made. After that it still took time to get it in the mail, and we are just across the river from the case processing centre, but I understand that all mail now goes to Montreal to be sorted from both Ottawa and Gatineau, so nothing can take less than 2 days.

In my experience, it is very unusual to get a letter from Ottawa/Gatineau to the northern U.S. in less than 10 days. Sometimes, it does take a bit longer. Only in rare cases is it ever as short as a week, so be patient. (I know how very hard that is.)

My partner finally landed and today he got his SIN. It's a long story that I'd like to tell, but I'm too exhausted at the moment. :(
Ahh good luck sorting life and having an easier routine to deal with :) Good to know how quick getting his SIN was. Great news :)

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Hey all!

Checked ECAS this morning and got decision made!
It's getting real!!!

LT1013

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
27-11-2015
KarlR said:
Hey all!

Checked ECAS this morning and got decision made!
It's getting real!!!
Wow, that was fast! Congrats!

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
LT1013 said:
Wow, that was fast! Congrats!

Thanks LT1013!

I hope yours isn't too far off!keep us updated!

Icy Empress

Oct 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
3-15-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
We got our COPR today so doesn't seem to take long at all once sent :)

LT1013

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
27-11-2015
Woohoo! I got SA today and my application is off to Ottawa as expected!

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
LT1013 said:
Woohoo! I got SA today and my application is off to Ottawa as expected!

Awesome!congratulations!

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone can help me make sure I havnt got anything wrong here...

I'm currently in Canada on a visator visa,waiting for my COPR which was put in the mail last week,so shouldn't be far off!

So,I just want to make sure I've got everything correct for the landing process?

So once I get my COPR,I can get a bus down to the states for one night,then cross back over and I get my permanent residency?
And all I will bring will be my COPR,passport and a small overnight bag with a change of clothes etc.
The stamp my passport at the border and "activate" my permanent residency?

And that's it?is there anything im missing out on?or anything else I need to bring?

Thanks in advance!

Pakster84

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2015
I opened the mailbox late last night and found the little brown envelope! Finally, got my CoPR!!!! I can't believe how quickly ECAS changed to DM to receiving my CoPR.
Congrats to those who's files are moving along! :D

LT1013

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
27-11-2015
KarlR said:
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone can help me make sure I havnt got anything wrong here...

I'm currently in Canada on a visator visa,waiting for my COPR which was put in the mail last week,so shouldn't be far off!

So,I just want to make sure I've got everything correct for the landing process?

So once I get my COPR,I can get a bus down to the states for one night,then cross back over and I get my permanent residency?
And all I will bring will be my COPR,passport and a small overnight bag with a change of clothes etc.
The stamp my passport at the border and "activate" my permanent residency?

And that's it?is there anything im missing out on?or anything else I need to bring?

Thanks in advance!
Sounds right, but if there any items you wanted to bring into the country tax free you'd be missing this opportunity by doing that.

In my case I plan to flagpole at the border with my car; my belongings are already here.