+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa

cute

Star Member
Mar 8, 2008
rhcohen2014 said:
they are looking for your WIFE'S mailing address, as the letter was addressed to HER. This is so they can send her the approval paper where she lives.
thank you rhohen2014, my wife is moving to a new location in 3-4 weeks in USA. so is it okay if i send my address in canada?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
cute said:
thank you rhohen2014, my wife is moving to a new location in 3-4 weeks in USA. so is it okay if i send my address in canada?
she will want it to be sent where SHE will be when the visa is issued, that way she can take it with her when she enters canada. if she wants to land when she enters canada, she needs to have it with her. it shouldn't go to you unless she plans to enter canada before it arrives or if you plan to deliver it or mail it to her where she is. otherwise, she will either have to enter canada, get the papers, then go back to the US border by car to "flagpole" and officially "land" in Canada.

cute

Star Member
Mar 8, 2008
rhcohen2014 said:
she will want it to be sent where SHE will be when the visa is issued, that way she can take it with her when she enters canada. if she wants to land when she enters canada, she needs to have it with her. it shouldn't go to you unless she plans to enter canada before it arrives or if you plan to deliver it or mail it to her where she is. otherwise, she will either have to enter canada, get the papers, then go back to the US border by car to "flagpole" and officially "land" in Canada.
thank you for your reply. she has a canadian visitor visa and we visit each other every month.

cute

Star Member
Mar 8, 2008
rhcohen2014 said:
quick question- so first they send the landing documents and then they request for passport?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
cute said:
quick question- so first they send the landing documents and then they request for passport?
if she requires a visa to enter canada, they will request her passport THEN return it with her approval paper. Those who need visas to enter canada must get the counterfoil inserted in their passport, or else the approval paper will be of no value.

iNick89

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
13-12-2014
Hey, all!

So, on August 26th my partner and I had a doc requested, plus PPR. We haven't heard anything back since we sent the docs, so I decided to e-mail CIC today, asking if they can confirm they did receive the docs we sent in. Shockingly enough, they got back to me in less than 45 minutes, with this response:

The document has been received on September 9, 2014, and your sponsorship application has been forwarded to a visa officer for assessment. The delay is due to the high volume of files currently being processing.

We appreciate your patience.

I guess that's good news! At least I know my application is on SOMEONE'S desk!

kitty410

Star Member
May 8, 2014
iNick89 said:
Hey, all!

So, on August 26th my partner and I had a doc requested, plus PPR. We haven't heard anything back since we sent the docs, so I decided to e-mail CIC today, asking if they can confirm the did receive the docs we sent in. Shockingly enough, they got back to me in less than 45 minutes, with this response:

The document has been received on September 9, 2014, and your sponsorship application has been forwarded to a visa officer for assessment. The delay is due to the high volume of files currently being processing.

We appreciate your patience.

I guess that's good news! At least I know my application is on SOMEONE'S desk!

Congrats. I have received similar emails several times, because CIC requested additional documents three times. I was very happy, but after I read from the notes, it is just a "standard reply". In my note, it says "Email received. Standard reply for documents received; application in progress was sent."

missmatalini

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 11th 2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested July 15th 2014
AOR Received.
March 25th 2014
File Transfer...
March 28th 2014
Med's Request
July 15th 2014
Med's Done....
July 16th 2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
November 13th
LANDED..........
February 2nd 2015
Hey ya'll, random probably stupid question.

Today I received my temporary resident extension. I've had my stay extended to October 23rd 2015. Yay.

So we're leaving Canada in December to be home with my Family for Christmas. . . .I know this document doesn't authorize re-entry into Canada, but once I'm back in Canada, does this extension cancel out? Or will I go back to having my initial 6 months OR whenever they've told me I need to be out by?

Thanks

michellestella

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa --> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
Doc's Request.
27-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2013, sponsorship approved 08-07-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2014 transferred to LA
Interview........
04-09-2014
Passport Req..
24-09-2014, decision made 08-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014, arrived 14-11-2014
LANDED..........
14-11-2014
We just got an e-mail from LA today!

We are pleased to inform you that your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CPR) document will be sent out this Friday, November 7, 2014 via regular mail with customs declaration #xxxxxxxxxxxxx to your given address at: xxx.
We called my MP's office a couple of weeks ago, and November 7 was the Bring Forward Date they got. So, hooray! All we have to do now is wait... some more. :)

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
missmatalini said:
Hey ya'll, random probably stupid question.

Today I received my temporary resident extension. I've had my stay extended to October 23rd 2015. Yay.

So we're leaving Canada in December to be home with my Family for Christmas. . . .I know this document doesn't authorize re-entry into Canada, but once I'm back in Canada, does this extension cancel out? Or will I go back to having my initial 6 months OR whenever they've told me I need to be out by?

Thanks
Usually when you leave and then return to Canada your six months restarts but I have had VR's while I've come and gone and nothing was said until they expired. But every case and every officer is different and it is at the officer's discretion.

kitty410

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Finally I got my landing paper!! It took me 13 months.

You can apply outland in Canada using Canadian address. I wish I knew that before I applied.

For new people who live in the US but are not american,
And, I don't know if this is possible but if you can, apply to your home country, not to the US(or Ottawa as your visa office) if you are not american.

Even you apply for PR when you just arrived the US, you should work on your FBI clearance after you arrive 4~5 months. CIC sending me an email asking for it on the month I had lived in the us for 6 months.

If your sponsor just got his or her PR and have no steady job, prepare extra documents. CIC asked tax return and lease or ownership of property. After sending those documents, I waited 5 months.(I found an officer's mistake in my note, he only asked for tax return even though review officer asked for both. that's why it took 5 months)

In your application, don't mention about Facebook or living with sponsor's family. CIC rewrote my application in their system, and it sounds like my spouse and I met on Facebook. and the review officer thought that my spouse doesn't live in Canada and lives with her family in the US because we mentioned that I live with her grandparents in the US. We believe that that's why they asked for the extra documents above.

For people who answered my questions, thank you again when my wife and I needed help.

My wife is busy so I wrote this one. Sorry for my poor English.

Icy Empress

Oct 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
3-15-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
Hello,

I have been reading through quite a few posts and I wonder if anyone could clarify a few questions.

Application received on June 13th
August 13th I was approved as sponsor
Medical results have been received
Oct.14th they requested an additional document which was the CSQ form for Quebec. However, we had already sent away for the CSQ and lucky us they received it 2 days later.

From this point from what I understand we will pretty much hear nothing until such time as they either ask for my husbands passport or they will send the COPR through the mail?

Does the request of the CSQ cause a major delay? Or is it minimal?

I am looking at the spreadsheet and seems June applicants are starting to receive their Visa's so we are kind of hoping to have Christmas together :D We are extremely patient, but of course it's nice to think the wait might be ending shortly.

simonliang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-10-2013
AOR Received.
31-10-2013
File Transfer...
15-07-2014 ->LA
Interview........
Maybe
michellestella said:
We just got an e-mail from LA today!

We called my MP's office a couple of weeks ago, and November 7 was the Bring Forward Date they got. So, hooray! All we have to do now is wait... some more. :)
Congratulation!
Comparing your timeline and mine, I may have to wait another 4-5 months, sign..

MysticMidnight

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
SA 27-08-2014
Med's Request
premedical
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-12-2014 COPR recieved: 26-12-2014
LANDED..........
04-1-2015
I'm feeling kind of worried here. I got a request from CPC-O on October 2nd for a copy of my pp biodata page and pictures fitting their PR card requirements. And I sent them in a week later. I'm now 9 days past the 30 days they wanted it by and I haven't heard anything at all. Is this normal? Or should I be worried about not having heard anything (or having anything be updated)?

Thanks for any advice, I do really appreciate it.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
MysticMidnight said:
I'm feeling kind of worried here. I got a request from CPC-O on October 2nd for a copy of my pp biodata page and pictures fitting their PR card requirements. And I sent them in a week later. I'm now 9 days past the 30 days they wanted it by and I haven't heard anything at all. Is this normal? Or should I be worried about not having heard anything (or having anything be updated)?

Thanks for any advice, I do really appreciate it.
Your timeline is mostly normal I think. My wife got PPR on July 12th last year. She got an eCAS update on August 14th and CoPR in the mail on August 15th.

But she sent in passport copy via e-mail. I assume you had to send in your photos via regular mail. That may delay things a bit. Did they ask for photos because the photos you sent in with your application where the wrong specifications?