Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
We finished our interview this morning at the LA office. It was a roller coaster ride, but at the end she gave us a pass. But since I had to redo my medical and the result has been sent on July 25th, she said that it may take at least 4 months to process the medical. And then she will send me the passport request to finalize everything.

It's been 14 months already. Now we have to add another 4 to this journey.

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
dozel said:
We finished our interview this morning at the LA office. It was a roller coaster ride, but at the end she gave us a pass. But since I had to redo my medical and the result has been sent on July 25th, she said that it may take at least 4 months to process the medical. And then she will send me the passport request to finalize everything.

Congrats on passing the interview. It's hard to believe that it will take 4 more months to get medical results when they are sent electronically. It sounds like an excuse to justify a long wait time at LA which is really caused by a lack of people working there. .
The processing time at LA is outrageous.

A1482

Aug 12, 2014
Hello all,
I was student in Canada, but I had to discontinue my studies after getting married here in Canada.
My husband sponsered me for PR and our case was sent from CPC mississauga for first evaluation to CPC ottawa for second step . Now my husband is approved as a sponsor and we have got our UCI no. But when i applied for work permit it was rejected saying that you can only apply for it if the case is applied inside canada Cry Cry. Now it is written that the processing time for ottawa office is 15 months and my visa will expire in 12 months.

Now will it be wise to pull my case out and apply again for inside canada or should i continue to stick with it as i am half way through.

Can anyone tell me whats the approx. time when the case is forwarded to CPC ottawa ,if it really takes 15 months is there any way i can extend my visa?

Please reply on my situation as i am very confused right now .

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
A1482 said:
Hello all,
I was student in Canada, but I had to discontinue my studies after getting married here in Canada.
My husband sponsered me for PR and our case was sent from CPC mississauga for first evaluation to CPC ottawa for second step . Now my husband is approved as a sponsor and we have got our UCI no. But when i applied for work permit it was rejected saying that you can only apply for it if the case is applied inside canada Cry Cry. Now it is written that the processing time for ottawa office is 15 months and my visa will expire in 12 months.

Now will it be wise to pull my case out and apply again for inside canada or should i continue to stick with it as i am half way through.

Can anyone tell me whats the approx. time when the case is forwarded to CPC ottawa ,if it really takes 15 months is there any way i can extend my visa?

Please reply on my situation as i am very confused right now .
DO NOT APPLY INLAND! Current ottawa applications that are straightforward with no issues, are getting approved in 4-8 months. When did you send in your application? If you switch to inland, you are looking at LEAST 12 months until an open work permit is approved. In that time as an outland applicant, you could be a PR way before that time. The processing tims posted online are NOT accurate for today's processing. When did you send in your application? Right now, it's important to remain patient. Outland in ottawa will go quicker than you expect, assuming there are no issues with your application.

kittyandpipit

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2013
AOR Received.
31-10-2013
File Transfer...
sent to LA 14/06/2014
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
LANDED..........
been in Canada since may 2013
dozel said:

Wow sorry to hear that. That's way too long :/

kitty410

Star Member
May 8, 2014
dozel said:

Congrats... at least you have some results!!

I sent more than 10 emails to CIC asking either to extend medical or to provide a letter requesting me to redo my medical since my hospital in NY ask for it. Finally CIC replied saying that
"Your medical exam has been extended and has a new validity date of 2015/07/08 – you do not need to proceed with a new medical exam."

They also requested my spouse's ownership documents, and sent them a few weeks ago.

My US visa expires next month and I decided to go to Canada and wait for my landing papers.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
chala said:
Congrats on passing the interview. It's hard to believe that it will take 4 more months to get medical results when they are sent electronically. It sounds like an excuse to justify a long wait time at LA which is really caused by a lack of people working there. .
The processing time at LA is outrageous.
I have a feeling it will get attached much quicker than 4 months. i will be very shocked if that happens. i also think 2014 applicants who are called into interviews will see the processing handled quicker in LA. it seems those who have been called in have interviews scheduled around the 1 year mark of their application. my guess most will see visas around the 15 month processing time posted for ottawa. perhaps it's wishful thinking for a smoother process for LA applicants...

A1482

Aug 12, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
DO NOT APPLY INLAND! Current ottawa applications that are straightforward with no issues, are getting approved in 4-8 months. When did you send in your application? If you switch to inland, you are looking at LEAST 12 months until an open work permit is approved. In that time as an outland applicant, you could be a PR way before that time. The processing tims posted online are NOT accurate for today's processing. When did you send in your application? Right now, it's important to remain patient. Outland in ottawa will go quicker than you expect, assuming there are no issues with your application.
it reached ottawa on July end and today got an email from OTtawa office to pay RPRF . As far as i remember RPRF is asked quite at the end . Can anything be determined on this basis.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
A1482 said:
it reached ottawa on July end and today got an email from OTtawa office to pay RPRF . As far as i remember RPRF is asked quite at the end . Can anything be determined on this basis.
yes, the RPRF is the last stage before DM. They can not issue a decision made without that payment made, and i believe means they have finished processing the file and have approved it. for me, i got decision made the week after paying my RPRF. There are others still waiting who received the request mid july, so it's dependant on what other requests were made, and probably on the visa officer handling the file.

A1482

Aug 12, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
yes, the RPRF is the last stage before DM. They can not issue a decision made without that payment made, and i believe means they have finished processing the file and have approved it. for me, i got decision made the week after paying my RPRF. There are others still waiting who received the request mid july, so it's dependant on what other requests were made, and probably on the visa officer handling the file.
I did not understand the last line, is there any place where we can read all this or just gotta read everything from the forum.if i compare my case to yours i think you got the Passport request about 2 months later when your file was transferred to Ottawa office. I hope in my case it also happens the same. ;D

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
A1482 said:
I did not understand the last line, is there any place where we can read all this or just gotta read everything from the forum.if i compare my case to yours i think you got the Passport request about 2 months later when your file was transferred to Ottawa office. I hope in my case it also happens the same. ;D
if you want to see the trends for ottawa, then look on the bottom of my post and click on the ottawa spreadsheet. this is a spreadsheet that is tracking applicants from this forum. there is nothing "Written" anywhere officially by cic. this is all based on the experience of people on this forum.

i'm not sure what you don't understand. if you received your RPRF request today, then your application is ALREADY at the visa office and they need this fee paid in order to officially approve your application. it can take anywhere from 1-4 weeks after you send in your receipt for your application to be approved, and your COPR is mailed to you. For most people the wait has been less than 2 weeks. by "other requests" i mean that if the letter you were sent asked for other requests besides the RPRF (ie: relationship proof, police record or medical exam), then it will take longer for your application to be officially approved. also, it's assumed that not all files are handled by the same immigration officer, so some may work faster than others. i'm not sure how much clearer i can be.

A1482

Aug 12, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
if you want to see the trends for ottawa, then look on the bottom of my post and click on the ottawa spreadsheet. this is a spreadsheet that is tracking applicants from this forum. there is nothing "Written" anywhere officially by cic. this is all based on the experience of people on this forum.

i'm not sure what you don't understand. if you received your RPRF request today, then your application is ALREADY at the visa office and they need this fee paid in order to officially approve your application. it can take anywhere from 1-4 weeks after you send in your receipt for your application to be approved, and your COPR is mailed to you. For most people the wait has been less than 2 weeks. by "other requests" i mean that if the letter you were sent asked for other requests besides the RPRF (ie: relationship proof, police record or medical exam), then it will take longer for your application to be officially approved. also, it's assumed that not all files are handled by the same immigration officer, so some may work faster than others. i'm not sure how much clearer i can be.
Thanks for your patience and explainign everything.. :D :D :D

canadaukr

Jun 24, 2014
canadaukr said:
that`s crazy!!! Thanks for sharing! :eek:

Guys, it`s coming up 2 weeks as Ottawa received my passport from Alberta for Visa and I haven`t heard back (I have a tracking number), they didn`t send it back yet. Should I panic? Write or call CIC?
So I wrote 2 days ago to CIC Ottawa a very nice short letter that I will need passport before our vacation and omg miracle the next day I check Canada post tracking and my passport has been sent out to me!

Albertan

Jan 4, 2014
Hi guys,

I have sponsored my wife who is US citizen and her file was receiuved on May 14. We received SA on July 18>

Now my ECas status changed to "Decision Made" this morning and it says:

"We received .......'s application for permanent residence on May 14, 2014.

We started processing .......'s application on August 11, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on ........'s application. The office will contact ........ concerning this decision."

Any idea what would have been done? Should i assume that COPR is on the way.

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
Albertan said:
Hi guys,

I have sponsored my wife who is US citizen and her file was receiuved on May 14. We received SA on July 18>

Now my ECas status changed to "Decision Made" this morning and it says:

"We received .......'s application for permanent residence on May 14, 2014.

We started processing .......'s application on August 11, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on ........'s application. The office will contact ........ concerning this decision."

Any idea what would have been done? Should i assume that COPR is on the way.
Yes, you definitely should! Congrats :)