Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rattles said:
I love it here and also love my home country. I find it offensive and ignorant when I see the slams (and honestly the defenses) on anyone or any country.
Although I don't hate any country or any person. There is a huge difference in criticising a system or a government and wishing it will be more efficient,... fair, placed under more supervision, and audited by its audience

JasonLee

Aug 19, 2012
frankinto said:
Of course, but objective information and personal experiences were presented in response to repeated whining, on a forum dedicated to immigration to Canada, about various Canadian disadvantages. One would hope that if we or our spouses didn't want to be in Canada, we wouldn't be writing here.
My remark concerned several pages of discussion, not just you or the other poster's remarks. Whether immigrating to Canada or to the US, all of us are giving up something to be with the person we love because THEY are our home. I have my own concerns and fears about moving to Canada just as my Canadian-born wife had her own concerns and fears when I brought her to the US orginally. Namely, leaving the only home we've ever known. The wait and irritations with CIC don't makes things any easier.

But I do agree, just complaining about the place you're moving to is a little stupid...uh, not counting that massive Montreal snowstorm I went through during my Chrismas visit. DAMN! :eek: Never did so much sub-zero shoveling in my life. Los Angeles was looking reeeaall good that week! :D

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
JasonLee said:
My remark concerned several pages of discussion, not just you or the other poster's remarks. Whether immigrating to Canada or to the US, all of us are giving up something to be with the person we love because THEY are our home. I have my own concerns and fears about moving to Canada just as my Canadian-born wife had her own concerns and fears when I brought her to the US orginally. Namely, leaving the only home we've ever known. The wait and irritations with CIC don't makes things any easier.

But I do agree, just complaining about the place you're moving to is a little stupid...uh, not counting that massive Montreal snowstorm I went through during my Chrismas visit. DAMN! :eek: Never did so much sub-zero shoveling in my life. Los Angeles was looking reeeaall good that week! :D
I yell at my husband (okay, I don't yell, just nag) at least once a week during the winter.

"We picked THIS over Atlanta? Really?"

He reminds me: "You picked it!"

I glare at him. Then I have to go make him dinner because he pays all my bills.

:p :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Rattles said:
I am not blaming you because I skipped over the attacks but did see a few. I think it's safe to say that everyone on here needs to refrain from verbal attacks at Canada, the U.S. or any other country. I am American and choosing to live in Canada with my wife. I love it here and also love my home country. I find it offensive and ignorant when I see the slams (and honestly the defenses) on anyone or any country. I am soon to be a Canadian PR and citizen but I love my home country as well.
I wasn't attacking the US, but every single time I've been to the US while leaving Canada I've been harrassed by border patrol agents. And everytime I've come into Canada from the US, I've been greeted with smiles and a friendly attitude. So after my personal experience, it's my ideal that quite a few American border agents could take a course on customer service from the border patrol agents who work for Canada.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
aerogurl87 said:
I wasn't attacking the US, but every single time I've been to the US while leaving Canada I've been harrassed by border patrol agents. And everytime I've come into Canada from the US, I've been greeted with smiles and a friendly attitude. So after my personal experience, it's my ideal that quite a few American border agents could take a course on customer service from the border patrol agents who work for Canada.
The scariest guard I ever had was Canadian. His my first experience at customs ever.

The next time I came through immigration at the airport, I had him again! This time, he was all smiles.

Or he has a twin. A good twin.

JasonLee

Aug 19, 2012
amikety said:
I yell at my husband (okay, I don't yell, just nag) at least once a week during the winter.

"We picked THIS over Atlanta? Really?"

He reminds me: "You picked it!"

I glare at him. Then I have to go make him dinner because he pays all my bills.

:p :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D
Yeah, on my second visit to Montreal during winter when we were dating originally, I showed up in a pea coat and she said, "Hon, where's your winter coat?". I replied, "I'm wearing my winter coat!" and she said "That's not a coat, that's a coat LINER!" She always got mad when I called her up and told her it was so cold in southern California, I had to put on a sweater! LA news would talk about the "cold snap....temperatures plunge into the 40's!" Now I find it all a little ridiculous since I know first-hand what it's like to walk outside and say, "Wow, it's 5 degrees, it's warm today!"

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
amikety said:
The scariest guard I ever had was Canadian. His my first experience at customs ever.

The next time I came through immigration at the airport, I had him again! This time, he was all smiles.

Or he has a twin. A good twin.
Haha, attack of the border agent doppelgangers!

JasonLee

Aug 19, 2012
aerogurl87 said:
Haha, attack of the border agent doppelgangers!
It really goes both ways, regardless of which Customs it is, agents are either respectful or they're not. My first trip to Canada, I got taken into the interrogation room was probed for about 15 minutes (to this day, they occasionally look at their computer screen and ask me the same few personal questions I answered for them back in 2006!). I've had Canadian agents whom I chatted about the whole CIC process with who understood the frustration and I have had US Customs agents that I thought I was one step shy of strip-search with. Now TSA on the otherhand, those people need some serious sensitivity training! ;D

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
JasonLee said:
It really goes both ways, regardless of which Customs it is, agents are either respectful or they're not. My first trip to Canada, I got taken into the interrogation room was probed for about 15 minutes (to this day, they occasionally look at their computer screen and ask me the same few personal questions I answered for them back in 2006!). I've had Canadian agents whom I chatted about the whole CIC process with who understood the frustration and I have had US Customs agents that I thought I was one step shy of strip-search with. Now TSA on the otherhand, those people need some serious sensitivity training! ;D
I can't wait to be groped by one. I'm going to wink and say "Was that good for you?"

Okay, I'm kidding. I hate flying. If I'm lucky, I'll never have to fly again. Screw tropical vacations.

JasonLee

Aug 19, 2012
amikety said:
I can't wait to be groped by one. I'm going to wink and say "Was that good for you?"
Wouldn't recomment that, the TSA agent will put you in an armlock and crush the life out of you...and that's just the FEMALE agents! :p

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
JasonLee said:
Wouldn't recomment that, the TSA agent will put you in an armlock and crush the life out of you...and that's just the FEMALE agents! :p
You assume I have arms! Mwa ha ha........

Okay, I have arms.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
amikety said:

Okay, I'm kidding. I hate flying. If I'm lucky, I'll never have to fly again. Screw tropical vacations.
I always have to be patted down when flying... and it's CRAZY awkward. MORE so when the woman is like (LOUDLY) "I'M GOING TO PAT YOUR GROIN NOW... I'M GOING TO CUP YOUR BOTTOM NOW..." Meanwhile I'm all "uhh okay, do what you have to just stop yelling so that Germany knows what you're doing to me :eek:"

JasonLee

Aug 19, 2012
parker24 said:
I always have to be patted down when flying... and it's CRAZY awkward. MORE so when the woman is like (LOUDLY) "I'M GOING TO PAT YOUR GROIN NOW... I'M GOING TO CUP YOUR BOTTOM NOW..." Meanwhile I'm all "uhh okay, do what you have to just stop yelling so that Germany knows what you're doing to me :eek:"
Next time, just wink at the TSA agent and tell her, "Sweetheart, we're both consenting adults. What are you afraid of?" Yeah, works for me all the time.... :-X

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
amikety said:
You assume I have arms! Mwa ha ha........

Okay, I have arms.
This killed me. hahahaha

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
I don't get why the security guys are so serious. They're crabby in Canada too. I got randomly selected for a pat down at Pearson when I flew out to see mr. bacontoaster two weeks ago. The lady feeling me up did not appreciate my "Lucky me! I get the bonus round!" jokes.

On the other hand I always get pat downs at San Francisco International and they're usually pretty chill.