+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Congratulations bro, Thats awesome news!

farooq_abbas said:
Hi there. I have been visiting the forums here once or twice a week for the past two years. Never commented on anything as I never had anything interesting to add. However this forum can be a source of strength for many. And it can easily pull someone down as well. But this sense of family that I got here always was fascinating.

I recently got my passport request. Thought Id post the timeline here to give hope to 2009ers. I must admit I missed out a couple of details in my application which I think inevitably lead to this long a process. Or else my papers would have come through in January 2011. So if you ask me, the CIC Islamabad is doing a decent job.

I wish every one here happiness and health. Success is then inevitable. I wont be visiting the forum regularly. But I will check my inbox here every once in a while. Feel free to message me if you need any help. Best.

CIC-M - Oct 2009
CIC-Isb - Dec 2009
Add PCC - Sep 2010
Add PCC - Nov 2010
Remed (self) - Feb 2011
PPR - Sep 2011

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Seems like your file is still in background checks...

alpha1980 said:
Hello all.. I have got email reply from CHC which is as follw:- Please advise your comments.

Dear Client,

This is in response to your email enquiry regarding the length of processing time for your application.

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in several different ways, which means applicants must undergo health, security and criminality screening processes.

Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.

Our office will contact you and / or your spouse as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required.

Delays in the processing of visa applications are always frustrating to all concerned, but rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure an efficient and expeditious processing of all visa applications, including the one which is of interest to you.

For future reference, please quote the primary applicant's full name and date of birth, and the file number in all correspondence sent to our office.

Please note that we will be unable to reply to messages which do not include either the name AND date of birth of the primary applicant or the file number under which your application is being processed.

Regards,
Immigration Section

Canadian High Commission, Islamabad
P.O. Box 1042, Islamabad, Pakistan

Fax: +92-51-208-6914
Email: islamabad-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

maryaam

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
can anyone please tell me what kind of email you guys send to CHC for an update?
I send one but no reply :( and when you guys send them you get a reply, so I guess maybe I am not sending the right message.

please help

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
maryaam said:
can anyone please tell me what kind of email you guys send to CHC for an update?
I send one but no reply :( and when you guys send them you get a reply, so I guess maybe I am not sending the right message.

please help
1)Write your File number in the subject line.

2) Write the file number, your name, date of birth, husband's name etc on top left

3) Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing in regards to the above mentioned file number. Could you please let me know the status on our case. I would be really thankful. (OR whatevers your query, keep it short)

Thanks,
Your Name

Make sure you wait for a week for their reply. They usually reply within a week. Also, if you email them too much, they put your email ID on filter. So don't email them more than once a month.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
maryaam said:

please help

This is how always wrote, see below for an example:

Dear Immigration Officer,

This is in regards to my wife's application for permanent resident that is currently in process at the Islamabad Embassy. It would be appreciated if you could please let me know the details on current status of our case.

Below is our information:

My wife's full name is: xxxxxxx, DOB: xxxxxxxx, her immigration file number is: Bxxxxxx
I am the sponsor and my full name is xxxxxxxx, DOB: xxxxxxxxxxx, Adress: xxx, Phone number:xxxxx, Client ID: xxxxx

Looking forward to hearing from you
Thank you very much in advance.
Your Name

maryaam

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Thank you so much,
I send them an email in Aug, and then I just send them another one last week, but still no reply :(

Danny4450 said:
1)Write your File number in the subject line.

2) Write the file number, your name, date of birth, husband's name etc on top left

3) Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing in regards to the above mentioned file number. Could you please let me know the status on our case. I would be really thankful. (OR whatevers your query, keep it short)

Thanks,
Your Name

Make sure you wait for a week for their reply. They usually reply within a week. Also, if you email them too much, they put your email ID on filter. So don't email them more than once a month.

maryaam

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Thanks for your help, much appreciated

wes786 said:

This is how always wrote, see below for an example:

Dear Immigration Officer,

This is in regards to my wife's application for permanent resident that is currently in process at the Islamabad Embassy. It would be appreciated if you could please let me know the details on current status of our case.

Below is our information:

My wife's full name is: xxxxxxx, DOB: xxxxxxxx, her immigration file number is: Bxxxxxx
I am the sponsor and my full name is xxxxxxxx, DOB: xxxxxxxxxxx, Adress: xxx, Phone number:xxxxx, Client ID: xxxxx

Looking forward to hearing from you
Thank you very much in advance.
Your Name

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
maryaam said:
is this the correct email ???

islamabad-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

It does look right.. Here is the email on the website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/islamabad.asp

If you emailed last week, wait for 7 days for their reply :)
.. I emailed last wednesday and got a reply this tuesday.

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
04-11-2009 and Re-PCC in July/2010 and on 3/March/2011 asked for proof of eligibility of sponsor
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
8-07-2011 submitted on 21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
Congrats Farooq Abbas :)

maryaam

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Thanks Danny :)

Danny4450 said:
It does look right.. Here is the email on the website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/islamabad.asp

If you emailed last week, wait for 7 days for their reply :)
.. I emailed last wednesday and got a reply this tuesday.

maryaam

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
whywait:( said:
On this forum most of the people are living in Pakistan and some in Canada.
Once advice I want to give to all who are in Pakistan right now: spend as much time with your family cause once you are here you shouldn't be putting your stress on the one who already lives here!
For those who are already here and sponsoring from the other side of the world: tell your other half to be ready to be away from their daddy, mommy and this and that!!

When we sponsor our loved one, it takes all the energy from us to send inquiry to Islamabad, to go to mp every now and then and on top of that to hear the "why don't you hire a lawyer to do our work the right way and faster"! And when together after years of waiting...they start "i miss my mom"! oh ya we all love our family members but once you decide to go on the other part of the world to start a new life then you shouldn't act like a baby who needs a bottle from the mother!!

For those who are still waiting for the other half...I say enjoy your own company for the time being and stop stressing yourself cause you will need some of the energy when they are here:) relationship starts when both are together and NOT on the phone anymore!!
Thats so true, we work so hard for our loved one but then they are still not happy and think we don't think of them hard.
I work so hard to pay here and also send my husband money but every month he wants more and more, he thinks we have a money tree here...I just don't understand what how he spends 30 thousand rp in 20 days still asking for more money to send him,
I take all this immigration tension, inquiry, emails and payment and still they don't think from our side, and feel we "bahar" in canada with no stress,
my friend's husband just came few months ago and he start to work, instead of supporting the wife to share the cost and payments, he sends the money to his family back in pakistan...don't know if its right, we girls work sooo hard but still can't make our husbands satisfy....

sorry for all this talk,reading this message just open up my heart's pain lol

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
maryaam said:
Thats so true, we work so hard for our loved one but then they are still not happy and think we don't think of them hard.
I work so hard to pay here and also send my husband money but every month he wants more and more, he thinks we have a money tree here...I just don't understand what how he spends 30 thousand rp in 20 days still asking for more money to send him,
I take all this immigration tension, inquiry, emails and payment and still they don't think from our side, and feel we "bahar" in canada with no stress,
my friend's husband just came few months ago and he start to work, instead of supporting the wife to share the cost and payments, he sends the money to his family back in pakistan...don't know if its right, we girls work sooo hard but still can't make our husbands satisfy....

sorry for all this talk,reading this message just open up my heart's pain lol
Wife supporting husband ??? and demanding more and more..!! If there are no health reasons on his side then i am really shocked to hear this... i heard Men were the ATM machines but here is the opposite !!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
muzmil said:
Wife supporting husband ??? and demanding more and more..!! If there are no health reasons on his side then i am really shocked to hear this... i heard Men were the ATM machines but here is the opposite !!
I second that! As a Pakistani he should know better, but again we don't know what circumstances both are going through so its wrong to judge anyone.