January 2010 AGAIN IN Feb 2011
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
m2009 said:
@ SHAIMA ... My best wishes r with U too sister.

I have seen soooooo many cases where Wives cases are max. done in 12 months. I am also a member on other forum. People who have sponsored their wives...are receiving PPRs and Visa stamped week after week.

and us.....who are just broken now... TEARS are also dry..honestly.

Nothing heard from EMBASSY.

For U...they've asked an Updated Police record? If they've already asked you for a RE-MEDICAL earlier...then yr case will be FINALIZED in 1 month now.

Be ready for PPR news sister! and plz pray for our husbands too. Life is incomplete.
You are so right... Yes even Tears are dry.... I feel like i am dead... everytime i see my daughter on the webcam.. its like my heart is going to stop beating.. She learnt to call me MA over the intternet. I think its tough for a woman to stay without her family. It should be faster for us.

m2009

Aug 6, 2010
Shaimaa It will be 14 and a half MONTHS now for us.

August 14 will be 1 year since I last met my husband.

@ LOSTSOUL... I know how hard it is. For you I will also suggest to go for CAIPS... coz Re-medical was submitted in JANUARY ... that is a long time when yr husband has only lived in one city without any military/army background. and updated PCC was also submitted.

Gosh! I am really stressed out. My prayers are with u all who r waiting for PPRs and waiting to meet their spouses.

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
04-11-2009 and Re-PCC in July/2010 and on 3/March/2011 asked for proof of eligibility of sponsor
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
8-07-2011 submitted on 21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
i hope this difficult period ends soon for all of us i think its taking a little longer for me because i have submitted the police certificates from 2 different places that is karachi and islamabad and knowing our pakistani ppl they take a lifetime ti reply to the queries from chc-isb
m2009 said:

@ LOSTSOUL... I know how hard it is. For you I will also suggest to go for CAIPS... coz Re-medical was submitted in JANUARY ... that is a long time when yr husband has only lived in one city without any military/army background. and updated PCC was also submitted.

Gosh! I am really stressed out. My prayers are with u all who r waiting for PPRs and waiting to meet their spouses.

lostsoul27

Star Member
Apr 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
AOR Received.
May 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Request
January 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
locolynn said:
CSIS Contact info
Telephone: 613-993-9620
Fax: 613-231-0612
TTY: 613-991-9228 (24hrs)
Toll free: 1-800-267-7685 (available only in Ontario)

my first letter went something like this...

To the Director of CSIS:

I'm writing to you to inquire about my husband's background check being done on behalf of CIC. I've included his immigration file number, date of birth and country of origin. Can you please confirm whether his file is with your office? I can be contacted at the address and telephone number below. Thank you in advance.

Your name
Your address
Your telephone number

They need to respond to your request within 30 days.

Good luck!
Thanks so much... I Have written to the director. I just hope that its ok to write to him. I mean what if my case is not even there. Anyow, i am just desperate now.. so welll see

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
lostsoul27 said:
Thanks so much... I Have written to the director. I just hope that its ok to write to him. I mean what if my case is not even there. Anyow, i am just desperate now.. so welll see
Don't worry. It's completely within your right to correspond with them...hence (is that the correct use of hence? lol) why their contact info is on their website. Your letter will taaaaaaaaaaaame in comparison to some they get. My goodness I've written them every six months for the last 2.5 years and have even scanned a pic of my newborn son! Lol. Aside from the last one with the pic...I always get the same form letter.

If your file isn't with them...they'll send you a cute little form letter that says as much. If that is the case, first give a HUGE sigh of relief - Seriously...HUGE. Then relax, it will all be over soon.

cheers,

Lynn

mariah

Jul 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug2009
lostsoul27 said:

am sorrry asking a stupid question....did u fax it?? coz the adress isnt mentioned above am thinking to ask them too..help me

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
mariah said:
am sorrry asking a stupid question....did u fax it?? coz the adress isnt mentioned above am thinking to ask them too..help me
yes you fax them. You can send it snail mail as well...their address is on the csis website...but you'll just be wasting time.

Lynn

lostsoul27

Star Member
Apr 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
AOR Received.
May 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Request
January 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
locolynn said:
yes you fax them. You can send it snail mail as well...their address is on the csis website...but you'll just be wasting time.

Lynn
Oh damn... I sent them the letter throught mail on their ottowa address.. My MP recieved an e-mail from the embassy today.. Same thing... the file is in background checks, and we dont need anything from the applicant at this point. We don't know how long it will take. Its like someone has stabbed me one more time.. Feel so helpless.

I have a question.. If you apply for CAIPS notes do you atleast find out what kind of background checks are being conducted? I mean... i already know from their e-mail that background checks are being conducted whats the point of getting the CAIPS nots if i don't get to know what kind of background checks are being conducted. Can you tell?

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
04-11-2009 and Re-PCC in July/2010 and on 3/March/2011 asked for proof of eligibility of sponsor
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
8-07-2011 submitted on 21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
can you please share your timeline with us :)
m2009 said:

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
lostsoul27 said:
Oh damn... I sent them the letter throught mail on their ottowa address.. My MP recieved an e-mail from the embassy today.. Same thing... the file is in background checks, and we dont need anything from the applicant at this point. We don't know how long it will take. Its like someone has stabbed me one more time.. Feel so helpless.

I have a question.. If you apply for CAIPS notes do you atleast find out what kind of background checks are being conducted? I mean... i already know from their e-mail that background checks are being conducted whats the point of getting the CAIPS nots if i don't get to know what kind of background checks are being conducted. Can you tell?
You'll just need to add probably about a week to your total turn around time...so expect a reply from them in just over a month-ish.

As for CAIPS, I'm not sure if it specifies who is doing the background checks. Unfortunately mine aren't handy to check. However, it doesn't hurt to order them....there is a story floating around of guy who found out that there was a miscommunication between csis and cic from his caips notes. I didn't really find ours all that informative...but it's $5 so I'd go ahead and order them. You'll at least be able to see everything that went on in the interview!

Lynn

lostsoul27

Star Member
Apr 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
AOR Received.
May 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Request
January 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
locolynn said:
You'll just need to add probably about a week to your total turn around time...so expect a reply from them in just over a month-ish.

As for CAIPS, I'm not sure if it specifies who is doing the background checks. Unfortunately mine aren't handy to check. However, it doesn't hurt to order them....there is a story floating around of guy who found out that there was a miscommunication between csis and cic from his caips notes. I didn't really find ours all that informative...but it's $5 so I'd go ahead and order them. You'll at least be able to see everything that went on in the interview!

Lynn
$5 You serious!! i asked my lawyer and he said it'll cost me $400 if i apply on my own and $180 if i apply through him. I googled it and found a website they are asking for $40 for basic and then $120 for premium in which you get the description of terms used in the notes. Where did you order them from. If its $5 thats like free as compared to what others are asking. Please let me know.

mariah

Jul 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug2009
yes i heard the same prices as lost soul is indicating ...its not $ 5...

warya

Star Member
Nov 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
o lord. your lawyer is a freaking choor!!! its $5.
here's a link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t23048.0.html

CanPak05

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
Doc's Request.
17-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
Med's Request
13-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
08-06-2011 Cancelled :) :)
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2012 :) :)
LANDED..........
28-12-2012
lostsoul27 said:

Hi All,

Just wanted to add my 2 cents....I know my wife and I are relatively early in our waiting but my frustration keeps growing about the differences of processing times from different countries. I dont get how some countries can ask for a PPR along with the AOR and have the passport returned within a month. What kind of backround checks are those? Yes, yes I hear about Pakistans attention in the media due to terrorism, but every countriy has members of thier population who are involved in one or more similar types of illegal activity and their less than a month backround checks weed them out, give me a break!
Either way, if a country is able to complete their reviews in less than a month and Pakistan takes many more, there is great room for improvement and I hope the Honourable Jason Kenney opens his eyes and does something about this discriminating process.

Anyways, sorry about my venting. Im just really missing my wife.

Best wishes to all and I pray we all hear good news soon!

mariah

Jul 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug2009
just a thought

if v all r in canada y cant v all go n visit the minister n talk abt it?