January 2010 AGAIN IN Feb 2011
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
Hi

I have sponsered my husband from Pakistan. He has only lived in Pakistan. He has a clear police record, he has never worked for any military or government organization. His clearance only needs to come from Pakistan. We did the re medical in January 2010, and in May 2010 the embasssy asked us to submitt the police certificate for the second time. End of May we recieved an e-mail from the embassy that my file is in background checks. I want to know that in my situation how long should it take for the background checks.

I know its takes longer if you've travelled or lived in more than one country, and also if you have served in the mililatary, but in my case its all clear.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Any idea anyone? ::)

Also anyone who applied in May 2009 and in a similar situation as i am. ???

lostsoul27

Star Member
Apr 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
AOR Received.
May 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Request
January 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

no answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mariah

Jul 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug2009
yes lost soul thts my time line
file in background checks since 3 moionthsssssss

lostsoul27

Star Member
Apr 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
AOR Received.
May 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Request
January 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
mariah said:
yes lost soul thts my time line
file in background checks since 3 moionthsssssss
I am into my 14th month all together since the file has been moved to Islamabad. Have you applied for your husband aswell??? It sucks.. I don't know what the hell are these people checking. My husband has only lived in Pakistan.. no military, no government, no political background.. done re -medical , submitted the police certificate for the second time begining may .. still every time i write to them i get the same reply.. in process.. don't need anything from you at this point... when i push it a little hard i get a sympathetic reply that we understand its a lenghthy process but we can't do anything about it. We should atleast be given a time line.why are they doing background checks now. what were they doing for the past 14 months.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
ONE 2 KA 4 said:
LostSoul, in this case may be check through your MPs.

Cheers
It is worthwhile to contact your MP if only to make them aware of your case. However, if your case is with CSIS, there is nothing your MP can do...What your MP can do is make contact with the Islamabad office and once your case is returned to them, your MP should be able to compel them to move more quickly.

Good luck.

Lynn

mariah

Jul 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug2009
lostsoul27 said:
I am into my 14th month all together since the file has been moved to Islamabad. Have you applied for your husband aswell??? It sucks.. I don't know what the hell are these people checking. My husband has only lived in Pakistan.. no military, no government, no political background.. done re -medical , submitted the police certificate for the second time begining may .. still every time i write to them i get the same reply.. in process.. don't need anything from you at this point... when i push it a little hard i get a sympathetic reply that we understand its a lenghthy process but we can't do anything about it. We should atleast be given a time line.why are they doing background checks now. what were they doing for the past 14 months.
yes have sponsored my hubby n 14 months now n no reply
u heard anything yet??

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Normally it take longer time in background check for Husbands (Gents).

Thnaks God my wife was a student at the time of application filed.

Cheers

m2009

Aug 6, 2010
Hi LOSTSOUL!

Reading your posts... made me wanted to post here. My husband's case is also with CHC-Islamabad since JUNE 2009.
He was asked for Re-medical, Updated PCC, and Updated IMM forms in the end of April...which he submitted in MID MAY 2010..............since then my husband's case is in "background checks" AND he has lived only in one city for his entire life. Doesn't belong to any military or external government agencies.

I dunno what on earth is taking it so long for the background checks. Ramadan is starting from tomorrow....Insha ALLah..may we hear some good news in a few days.

lostsoul27

Star Member
Apr 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
AOR Received.
May 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Request
January 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
m2009 said:
Hi LOSTSOUL!

Reading your posts... made me wanted to post here. My husband's case is also with CHC-Islamabad since JUNE 2009.
He was asked for Re-medical, Updated PCC, and Updated IMM forms in the end of April...which he submitted in MID MAY 2010..............since then my husband's case is in "background checks" AND he has lived only in one city for his entire life. Doesn't belong to any military or external government agencies.

I dunno what on earth is taking it so long for the background checks. Ramadan is starting from tomorrow....Insha ALLah..may we hear some good news in a few days.
So you and I have exactly the same time line.. Please let me know once you hear anything... mine is exactly the same thing... never served in military... lived only in 1 city...one country his entire life..and no other issue.. clear police record.. clear medical... We subnmitted the updated police certificate in May too.. remedical was done in Feb.. they already confirmed that they have recieved the results for both. May end my MP wrote to them.. and they said they are sending my case for background checks and donno how long it will take... Are you in Canada? I have a 2 yr old daughter who is also a canadian citizen... seriously don't understand these people/.

mariah

Jul 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug2009
lostsoul27 said:
So you and I have exactly the same time line.. Please let me know once you hear anything... mine is exactly the same thing... never served in military... lived only in 1 city...one country his entire life..and no other issue.. clear police record.. clear medical... We subnmitted the updated police certificate in May too.. remedical was done in Feb.. they already confirmed that they have recieved the results for both. May end my MP wrote to them.. and they said they are sending my case for background checks and donno how long it will take... Are you in Canada? I have a 2 yr old daughter who is also a canadian citizen... seriously don't understand these people/.

these are exactly my time lines please also lemme know when u both hear anything

m2009

Aug 6, 2010
Ya, I'm in Canada. I will sure inform u if we hear anything GOOD soon from CHC-Isb. It feels like they r just taking forever to finalize our cases. for what? 14 months is more than enough ..... i dun want our second re-medical and police record to expire.......
I miss my husband so much :(

mariah

Jul 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug2009
lost soul and m20009...any of u thinking to do case specific enquiry??

m2009

Aug 6, 2010
Mariah -- I did an enquiry through my MP- Assistant....on July 22nd............that's when I got the reply next day saying that it is in "BACKGROUND CHECKS" and "we don't know how long it will take"

lostsoul27

Star Member
Apr 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
AOR Received.
May 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Request
January 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2011
mariah said:
lost soul and m20009...any of u thinking to do case specific enquiry??
I will definetly let you guys know... I left my daughter with my husband.. she was only 1 at that time and she turned 2 just a month ago... I am struggling each day all by myself balancing emotions ,home,and work life. It is so so difficult.. yet these guys do not understand. I was told by my lawyer that its because of the current situation in Pakistan. My brother applied for his wife after me and they have already recieved the PPR with Re-Medical. One person does something and the entire nation pays the price. My friends from India got their immigration in 3 months. I dont understand how are we any different then any other country in the world. What was the whole point of taking a Canadian Citizenship if we are not even valued as human beings who are suffering to be with our own families. There is absolutely no explaination from there end over taking so long. I recieve the same reply every month.. and month after month... i think its one of those automated messages they have saved for everyone who inquires. I think i am going to wait for 1 more month and then apply for the CAPS notes..I guess being imprisoned would be better then this... atleast those people know the time they need to suffer. This is worst than that... when you dont know what to expect next and how long to wait.