Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
Amattullah said:
Hello, I am new-user...
wow I just want say this place is very helpful, I wish I Knew abt loong ago..

I live in canada and I sponsored my husband.. and it seems like its takes sooo loong.. never ending process..
I send my application October 2010.. They received at Cairo Feb.2011. start processing March 2011.. On may 2011 they ask for more info.. we send it to them actually my husband toook it to the embassy and placed in "THE BOX" .. and on my september 2011 while I was just emailing them to see how it was going they told me they never received
Hi amattullah, welcome to the Cairo thread. I see on the CIC website the time has increased to 14 months now. It also appears from the posts here, Cairo may be getting more apps.

I would recommend sending any documents, whether requested or not via a courier or registered mail (if sent in Canada)where you can track your stuff. Also, another piece of advice, make sure your settings on msn, yahoo or skype are set to keep the history of your conversations, then should you get a call for proof of ongoing relationship, you can provide the history.

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
miraaa said:
hello everybody,
i hope everything is ok :)
i have a question i'll be pleased anyone know tell me,
is the lawyer necessary for process of the sponsership to going faster or not?
please anyone know any information about it plzzzzzz tell me

regards
mira,
Hi mira, welcome to the Cairo thread. A lawyer is not necessary and they will absolutely not get your application processed faster. Many people including myself did our applications by ourselves and have been successful in getting visas for our spouses. Just remember to be organized in your application, provide all documents indicated in the guide and forms and send good proofs. Be prepared for an interview and be honest about everything and you will be fine.

Sheila

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Amattullah said:
Yeah so I send my email and they received and within a week they asked for a second medical the frist one expired.. so he went and took it on october 2011. Now I am hearing the results take like 2 or more months..

I just have one problem I never knew that I was allowed to pay the visa fee right from the begining, i just came to find out lately and when I called the immigration canada they told me if I didnt pay at the begining then I cant pay now untill they ask for it.
and I am hearing that will delay the process another 2 months or so
... It is just very frustrating..

Anywayz, this place is really good cuz u find out a lot of info.. through other's experience.. I am just glad to be here now.

Amattullah, I never heard that you could not pay the PR fee through the process before a decision has been made. They do indicate on the website if not paid at the beginning, it could add a couple of months to the process if/when they request it. Perhaps you could start a new thread and ask this question where a more senior member will have a good answer for you.

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
hii shiel la and freshprince and evrybody ..

thank you for ur thoughts with me ,,,yes i have e mails 3 years ago ,, and have cards letters with eh envelope including post office stamps ,,,and i askd my wife to send me some phone bills showing she calling me alot ...

regarding to western union ,,,i have some reciepts but some one told me dnt show western union coz it might be trick from embassy coz they might think it is bussiness marrige ,, and thats absolutly wrong it is just few dollars receipt .. so i dnt know i show western union or nt ??what you think guyss??

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
I wouldn't use them the culture is different there they may ask why you got money from her and it could open up alot of questions in their heads for no reason, just show any correspondence you have from the time you sent papers in until now doesn't either of you have saved history from msn,yahoo or skype showing where you signed in together and then it says you used cam or voice mail what about facebook anything on there??

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Hey everyone, I've updated the spreadsheet. Click on the link at the bottom of my post to be taken directly there. I've also added a couple of new people who have joined the Cairo post.

My husband will be leaving Egypt in 8 days to finally come to Canada....

Amattullah

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2010..Approved of sponsorship
File Transfer...
10/02/2011..Application recieved at Cairo
Med's Request
28/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
Thank you sheila la for the welcoming and for your advice...
I know I am trying to keep records

I am not sure abt how they calculate the processing time.. I always calculated from the time i send my application which is like 13 months ago.. but I guess they start from the time they start processing in Cairo.. they start mine on march of 2011 so its been 8 months.

It would be great if I could pay the visa fee now before they ask for it.. I will check and find out..
The thing is when I called the immigration the person who talked to me told me I cant pay unless they ask for it. So I never called to ask abt it.

I guess I will have to double check .

miraaa

Oct 30, 2011
hi sheila :)
really i want to find word more than thanks to say to you :)
i don't know ur hubby reached to u or not but i hope so
i read that sponsership will take almost 14 month, so i was thinking to go there as a visitor untile they give me the PR ...
is it possible during process of my applications, i miss my hubby so much and we are got tired from this long distancs :'(, we hold it for a long of years ,we can't bear more than that plus i didn't see him from 16 month :'(,we are waiting the visa and really it dosn't seem obvious to me when will they approve? and so on

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
*********HAPPY EID ADHA FOR EVERYONE*******

For all In Egypt Enjoy this time with your family :)

lion heart

Sep 18, 2011
hey guys ,
happy eid for all of you .
i have got email from the embassy and they asked me to come for an interview and they asked for some stuff like
1- original marrige certificate
2- 4 photos with white background
3- original passport
4-updated for ongoing relationship
5-stamps in my wife's passport prove that she entered egypt
by the way they didnt ask for another medical test although my medical already expired .
id like to know some advices from you guys is that good they asked for my passport and photos of me . is that mean that i will get the pr soon . or because they asked for interview so they will have lots of questions . and id like anyone went throught the interview or have some information about it to advice me please and i will be really glad and appreciate that

madamadam

Jul 6, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
????
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-11
Doc's Request.
waived
AOR Received.
19-05-11
IELTS Request
What's an IELTS????
File Transfer...
13-05-11
Med's Request
visa approved before expiry of meds, not requested
Med's Done....
16-02-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-10-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-11
LANDED..........
October 29, 2011
sheila la said:
LOL, now this is funny Dominique.....that's it????? No other news????

Welcome your husband Canada for us...
LOL, sorry Sheila!!! I have been notably.............occupied. :)

Everything is great. He got here, but missed his connecting flight. He flew Cairo to London Heathrow. The Egyptair flight was late and he had to stop for six hours in England instead of 2. I got to Toronto airport on time, so I was having a panic attack after two hours and he hadn't emerged from the arrivals gate. I asked at information and they said to go up to "Aisle J" on the 3rd floor where there was an intercom directly to Customs and Immigration. I asked at the intercom if he was there and they said, "Nope......haven't seen him" I found out only through texting with his sister in Paris (because she was worried too). She eventually said "CALL HIS PHONE!" (He couldn't get connection because he was in the air). I called him and he told me he just arrived. The wait through customs can be 3-5 hours, so make sure you keep that in mind when you go to retrieve your hubby!!!!

I was lucky though. He was out in about 20 mins. It was late and I think they were just trying to get everyone through as fast as possible.

What I am finding so far is that it is just plain WIERD. I keep expecting the call to drop. I asked my hubby if he would think it odd if I put on my skype headphones while talking to him because some part of my brain really can't believe he is here. LOL! Things are going great though and we are so happy to be together. The immigration lawyer advised us to get travel insurance because it can take up to three months to get a health card and if he should get hurt or require hospital care it would be tremendously expensive.

I am taking him to get his Canadian G1 driver's license on Tuesday. That ought to be fun. I got him to drive the car back from a nearby location and he is not used to actually driving within a lane HAHAHAHA! Remember Cairo? 3 lanes marked and at LEAST 5 lanes of traffic weaving in and out. I'm giving him a crash course (no pun intended) on Canadian road rules.

So........sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Having him here is amazing. He's gotten very close to my kids and everything is even better than I thought it would be. My son adores him and they are xbox360 addicts together. Even my 14 year old daughter (full of teenage angst and hates almost everyone) loves him and enjoys spending time with him.

Life could not be better elhamdulellah.

I have my lovely husband back.

Had to buy a lot of winter clothes though........:p

madamadam

Jul 6, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
????
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-11
Doc's Request.
waived
AOR Received.
19-05-11
IELTS Request
What's an IELTS????
File Transfer...
13-05-11
Med's Request
visa approved before expiry of meds, not requested
Med's Done....
16-02-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-10-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-11
LANDED..........
October 29, 2011
Amattullah said:
Yeah so I send my email and they received and within a week they asked for a second medical the frist one expired.. so he went and took it on october 2011. Now I am hearing the results take like 2 or more months..

I just have one problem I never knew that I was allowed to pay the visa fee right from the begining, i just came to find out lately and when I called the immigration canada they told me if I didnt pay at the begining then I cant pay now untill they ask for it.
and I am hearing that will delay the process another 2 months or so
... It is just very frustrating..

Anywayz, this place is really good cuz u find out a lot of info.. through other's experience.. I am just glad to be here now.

Hi! I don't know if you read any of my previous postings, but I found that submitting everything all at once was helpful. We submitted receipts, reports, translations, certificates and medicals all at one time. I was never asked for anything else. My file was 5 months from receipt of application to visa issuance.

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
madamadam.... I'm smiling for you :) and laughing about the roads there lol the first time I was there I thought I would have a heart attack or the driver would run down and kill someone I am definately happy about my space betweeen the two lines of the road and no one can enter them lol they don't have the safety rules we have by far. sounds like your having a wonderful time together god bless you both always.
take care.

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
lion heart.... My hubby never got that far but to me it sounds great in my mind you will be accepted I would be jumping for joy now. Good luck