13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
lion heart said:
hey guys ,
happy eid for all of you .
i have got email from the embassy and they asked me to come for an interview and they asked for some stuff like
1- original marrige certificate
2- 4 photos with white background
3- original passport
4-updated for ongoing relationship
5-stamps in my wife's passport prove that she entered egypt
by the way they didnt ask for another medical test although my medical already expired .
id like to know some advices from you guys is that good they asked for my passport and photos of me . is that mean that i will get the pr soon . or because they asked for interview so they will have lots of questions . and id like anyone went throught the interview or have some information about it to advice me please and i will be really glad and appreciate that
Congrats lion heart. You're almost done. This was the same thing they asked my husband for. They are looking for continuing communication between you. Make sure they take your passport. What is the date of your interview? I"ll mark it on the spreadsheet I'm keeping. My husband's interview was about 20 minutes to half hour. They asked about things we had in the application and some of the questions we studied which I posted here earlier. Be honest with them but keep your answers short and only answer the questions they ask you. Try not to expound on anything too much as it opens the door for more questions that are not in teh application.

Good luck.

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
miraaa said:
hi sheila :)
really i want to find word more than thanks to say to you :)
i don't know ur hubby reached to u or not but i hope so
i read that sponsership will take almost 14 month, so i was thinking to go there as a visitor untile they give me the PR ...
is it possible during process of my applications, i miss my hubby so much and we are got tired from this long distancs :'(, we hold it for a long of years ,we can't bear more than that plus i didn't see him from 16 month :'(,we are waiting the visa and really it dosn't seem obvious to me when will they approve? and so on
Mira, you can apply for a visitor visa but it's likely you will be denied, especially since your application is in process now. CIC will think you will not leave the country when your visa expires. I noticed and as posted by louisa I think, the processing time has increased now to 14 months. I know it's hard but you are almost there now. The best piece of advice I can give you is to be prepared for an interview and know your husband well so you are prepared for any question they will ask you. Can your husband make one more trip to see you? This will further prove to CIC the relationship is genuine and continuing.

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
I am happy for you and your husband Dominique. Just think, 1 week from tonight, I will be sitting here with my husband for the first time in over a year. It's exciting to think about it. I wish for everyone else the happiness I am feeling.

So Dominique, does your husband have to start from the beginning with his driver's licence or can he just turn in his Egyptian licence for a Canadian one? I was hoping we didn't have to start from the beginning.

I do remember the traffic in Cairo and Alexandria. Never saw anything like this before in my life and find it amazing there are not more accidents. I'm not sure about getting insurance as I have insurance through my work that should cover him should anything happen.

I know it's going to be weird to have him in the same room as me and be able to see him and hear him without a cam and headset but will gladly trade to have him here in person.

Enjoy your time with him. I'm happy for you both and your children.

lion heart

Sep 18, 2011
thank you sheila for answering can you please put tha questions again because i couldnt fid them so please copy and past them or send them to me please and i will appreciate your help
sheila la said:
Congrats lion heart. You're almost done. This was the same thing they asked my husband for. They are looking for continuing communication between you. Make sure they take your passport. What is the date of your interview? I"ll mark it on the spreadsheet I'm keeping. My husband's interview was about 20 minutes to half hour. They asked about things we had in the application and some of the questions we studied which I posted here earlier. Be honest with them but keep your answers short and only answer the questions they ask you. Try not to expound on anything too much as it opens the door for more questions that are not in teh application.

Good luck.

Amattullah

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2010..Approved of sponsorship
File Transfer...
10/02/2011..Application recieved at Cairo
Med's Request
28/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
Gongrats to Madamadam... Nice to hear sum ppl are united with their loved ones... Pray for the rest of us...
and yes I did send most of the things at once.. the only thing I didnt send was the visa money which I had no clue that I could pay at that time cuz I was following the instructions on the GUIDE that came with the application and I didnt see anything abt it...

But it's not a problem it wasnt meant to be, it's all abt to God.. soo I will just wait...

Amattullah

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
28/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
I just have one question, how long do you guys thing it will take after a second medical is requested to receiving the visa (generally)
And specailly for the ppl like me who still have to pay the visa fee, I mean all together how long would it be.

mish29

Sep 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
cairo, egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2011
Hi Everyone,

Happy Eid!!! :D :D :D :-* :D :D :D

Elhamdulillah for everyone, looks like a lot of our process are getting worked on!! And I am hoping for all of us to be with our loved ones so soon!
InshaAllah!!

Does anyone know how much $$ the visa fee is??? And how you can pay it?? Like what do you have to do for that? Thank you so much I would really appreciate it so much!!!

Have a Great day everyone :)

fox82

Jan 14, 2011
mish29 said:
Hi Everyone,

Happy Eid!!! :D :D :D :-* :D :D :D

Elhamdulillah for everyone, looks like a lot of our process are getting worked on!! And I am hoping for all of us to be with our loved ones so soon!
InshaAllah!!

Does anyone know how much $$ the visa fee is??? And how you can pay it?? Like what do you have to do for that? Thank you so much I would really appreciate it so much!!!

Have a Great day everyone :)
the fees i guess it is 475 dollar ..and u can pay online or by financial institute if u r in canada ,, in this case u need to order receipt of payment ...CIC will send you original receipt u cant download one

more details u find in the link of the canada immigration site

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
I paid $1040.00, I called immigration and asked how much and this is what they told me to pay, I went to a bank and used this number on my receipt to see information on the site until they sent me a letter saying I was approved then I used that number.

anyway here is the calculation from the site to get that amount.

Application Quantity Price(C$)/Unit Total(C$)
Immigration Applications for Persons Outside Canada
Permanent Residence

Right of Permanent Residence Fee 1 $490.00
Family Class
Sponsorship application (per application) 1 $75.00
Principal applicant 1 $475.00
Total: $1040.00

Print Version
Date Modified: 2010-08-05

Top of PageImportant Notices

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Amattullah said:
I just have one question, how long do you guys thing it will take after a second medical is requested to receiving the visa (generally)
And specailly for the ppl like me who still have to pay the visa fee, I mean all together how long would it be.
freshprince60 said:
Concerning the Medical check , it says in the "FAQ" in the official website says that

How long will my application take if I need a medical exam?

After a medical examination with the Designated Medical Practitioner, the results are sent to our medical office to review. The medical office then sends their assessment to our visa office.

For temporary resident (visitor, student, worker) applications, it normally takes 4 weeks after your medical examination before we will contact you regarding the next stage of your application.

For permanent resident applications, it normally takes 3 months after our medical office receives the medical examination results from the Designated Medical Practitioner before we will contact you regarding the next stage of your application. This is true only if you have already complied with our other requests (e.g. to submit other documents)but concerning the visa fees , i never heard about that we need to pay for the visa in advance and that if you didn't you might get late
but anyways , after the medical sent to London office i think we just set back and relax tell we hear something new and good inshaalah for all of us
regards all

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
thank you sheila for answering can you please put tha questions again because i couldnt fid them so please copy and past them or send them to me please and i will appreciate your help

sheila la said:
Here is a link to the questions we studied. Most of these questions were asked, however some of the questions are geared to couples who live together and are applying inland but several are for outland applicants as well.

http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill/C_I_I_Q/C_I_I_Q.html
lionheart, here is the link I posted previously. Keep in mind some of these questions are for spouses who live together. Good luck.

Amattullah

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
28/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
EID MUBAARAK to all
Taqaballulahu minaa wa minkum

And sheila jzk allah kheyr for your helpful information.

Bi-idnillah everything will go easy

Happy Eid 2U

miraaa

Oct 30, 2011
happy EID to all :)

i read that i can use the receipt's number to see some information about my case but when i did that they tell me the followin:
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
ctc...

, i applied to the cic since 2 months...so can i see my applications through receipt number??

louisa

Jul 3, 2011
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.28/2011 approved for sponsorship
File Transfer...
Mar.11/2011 in cairo/started processing ott-pilot Sept.15/11
Med's Request
Oct.24/2011
Med's Done....
Oct.30/2011/ results received Dec.10/11
Interview........
WAIVED!!
Passport Req..
January,2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
February,9/2012
LANDED..........
February,14,2012
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
ctc...

, i applied to the cic since 2 months...so can i see my applications through receipt number??

I was the sponser and I put the number in from the top right corner of my receipt it starts with a letter and when you choose what type of identification use IMM It should show at least that they received your information. make sure you fill out your information correctly too sometimes the drop down menu for your country is slow and chooses another one by mistake same with month,date and year of birth.

miraaa

Oct 30, 2011
hi louisa,

OMG u mean i can see information about my case before i got file number?!!! :eek:
but i wrote all the right information??? so what should i do