B+
B Respectful
Don't stress yourself
You are almost there

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Confused in Montreal said:
It's more than loving Canada. My application for a major policy making arm of Health Canada was rejected as I am still a PR, though they said not hiring you is a loss. I am getting offers from US, shall I ditc
Pardon me for a few typos and grammar, I wrote it in a haste.

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
quasar81 said:
Not a good sign...means there is resistance. Doesn't seem like it will go through this summer with amendment causing more issues..
i feel the biggest resistance and delays come from the amendment and its initiator senator Omidvar.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
hangincanada said:
i feel the biggest resistance and delays come from the amendment and its initiator senator Omidvar.
I've been following the process of C-6 from the start and I think you couldn't be further off. In fact, all the delay this bill experienced so far was between first and second reading (September to December). Before then and since then, this bill has been proceeding neither particularly fast nor particularly slow (The January Senate break is not something they just came up with to hinder C-6). And in fact, judging by the reporting on this bill so far, Omidvar is the one pushing the bill forward. Even so much that she waited with the amendment to third reading so it can move through committee quickly (see quotes in article linked above).

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
It's more than loving Canada. My application for a major policy making arm of Health Canada was rejected as I am still a PR, though they said not hiring you is a loss. I am getting offers from US, shall I ditch Canada? I also missed out on a $100,000 research award and grant as I am still a PR. Again US and in this case EU wants me to join their consortium, shall I ditch Canada? We talk about free healhtcare and 3D robotics discussion in senate, who does that work and gets research grants from abroad for Canada, blokes like me. But when it comes to advancement to career, we are stuck. When we give up and move to US and get green card in 9 months under *** category, people cry brain drain. So please, before commenting check the brain drain articles from govt. of Canada. Not everyone is hell bent on abusing the Canadian system, they want to give back to the Canadian society that paid for their higher education letting go of a higher salary bracket. Within 3 months I have to make a choice between staying here or go to US (Trump not an issue), so where do I stand? Plus I want to be in Canadian Armed forces reserves voluntarily but PR status doesn't allow you to do that, so please stop trolling and count what have you done for the society. If not much, stop trolling and work and pay taxes. Enjoy advanced and futuristic healthcare on the cost of blokes like us!!!
monalisa is obviously a troll. So the best is just to ignore them. It's not worth getting upset about their BS.

HSD

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
spyfy said:
monalisa is obviously a troll. So the best is just to ignore them. It's not worth getting upset about their BS.
You know monalisa is the only person in this thread who is always optimistic that the bill will pass soon.Her posts bring a smile on the face of all the desperate forum members.And you just started posting on this thread couple of days ago and think you are a genius.Better concentrate your discussion on c6 and think twice before attacking someone personally.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Well Amir, thanks for your kind words. I am confused as to what is happening around me in Canada. I went for a US visa and the counselor was like you need to move to US, we need people like you and gave me a bunch of docs to go over. I applied for the astronaut program last year in Canada, but no, not a citizen. Hesitant I am as to what lays next. I am not gonna waste my life if Canada doesn't need me. As for modest, I fail students whose language is English as the first language and they make stupid mistakes. So all the negatives, look what the system is doing to the future of Canada. No wonder Health Canada is always overshadowed by FDA as all highly qualified people leave!!!
"Confused in Montreal", I suggest that you try to cast for the main role in the next Superman film. With the experiences you listed above you are guaranteed to get the role, no matter what citizenship you have.

Laurlcrown

Mar 6, 2017
qjzhou said:
Tweet from Senator Mobina Jaffer

@mego149 #C6 It will start tomorrow but it will still be a long process. Please contact your Senators #senca
Best idea I've seen in a while!

Let's not sit passively and watch this debate. Rather, let's make our stake seen and heard. Learn your respective senators and write, call, etc. Moreover, urge your Canadian friends to do the same.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Is humankind not better than this?
I think everyone should chill and grab a cold beer. Jeez!
It's become like a mosh pit in here...

JasFer

Mar 6, 2017
MarceauBletard said:
Is humankind not better than this?
I think everyone should chill and grab a cold beer. Jeez!
It's become like a mosh pit in here...

Agreed @ MarceauBletard ! Beer and wine while they roll c6 out ! Haha

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
BTW, to switch the discussion back to the C-6.
I do not see the C-6 on the today's Senate Order of the day document. https://sencanada.ca/en/content/sen/chamber/421/orderpaper/102op_2017-03-07-e

:-(

marky14

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sistemc said:
I do not see the C-6 on the today's Senate Order of the day document. https://sencanada.ca/en/content/sen/chamber/421/orderpaper/102op_2017-03-07-e

I would just speculate the same thing with Bill C-4, they did not include this in the order of the dat when they do reporting to the senate. Once reporting is done, it could be endorsed for Third reading and they could continue with it by opening the debate or skip it for another day.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
sistemc said:

Dont worry so much. It is going to take time. Whether it is today or tomorrow or next week, it will likely still be a month or so in the senate before they pass it.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
c6 will be reported today and 3rd reading should start tomorrow according sen.Omidvar's twitter account
Source :https://twitter.com/ratnaomi/status/839078641686495233