+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

WeazyF

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Goes to third reading tomorrow. So let's see how it goes!!! All ye nay sayers please keep your silly opinions to yourself.

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
So C 6 is done for the day in the senate today. Report was presented, and Sen Omidvar proposed the third reading be taken on the next sitting day ( tomorrow I presume)

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
subha_1962 said:
So C 6 is done for the day in the senate today. Report was presented, and Sen Omidvar proposed the third reading be taken on the next sitting day ( tomorrow I presume)
Presumably right, let's see what tomorrow carries for C-6 !!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
hangincanada said:
I agree. the other issues have been examined and addressed in second reading and committee hearing. no point to ramble over them in third reading. amendment will be focused. that is why i said the true reason of the delay is the amendment and Omidvar who tried everything to put through the amendment. Last year, she tried so hard to be a part of committee to propose the amendment. it was not mentioned a word in the committee about the amendment. The news article said couple days ago that she was still working on drafting the amendment. Hard to believe she has not had the amendment text prepared after so long. She'd better to initiate a separate bill for the amendment instead of further delaying the passage of the bill c6.
But you are aware that so far 0% of the delay was related to the amendmend, right? The four sitting days in commitee would have happened anyways and that took all of February. The breaks in January and in July/August/September also would have happened anyways. And the only actual delay was Sep-Dec which was done by Conservative Senators.

I think it is just unfair to label Omidvar, who has been pushing this bill over and over, as someone who is delaying it. I doubt she reads this forum :) but still I think out of fairness she deservers to be seen in that light.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Divine Favour said:
hello

I feel we should all be positive and stop spreading negativity here. everyone here is looking for the same thing. spread positivity and not negativity. by the way, this is my first time commenting. I just read the comment. fingers crossed and praying it passes before Canada day.
I agree, let's be positive. And let's also add "rational" to that. Less feelings/guesses and more reporting on facts. In that sense, thanks to those who updated us on what happened in the Senate today since I was busy and couldn't listen to it!

WeazyF

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
In my opinion the delays before were strategic as the Liberals didn't have the votes in the committee. It's imperative for them to pass it nowadays the committee has looked at it. I'm not suggesting there wouldn't be delays but if the amendments seem to jeopardize the bill then they will just put up a new bill to amend this one.

JasFer

Mar 6, 2017
spyfy said:
I agree, let's be positive. And let's also add "rational" to that. Less feelings/guesses and more reporting on facts. In that sense, thanks to those who updated us on what happened in the Senate today since I was busy and couldn't listen to it!
Well said !

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
WeazyF said:
In my opinion the delays before were strategic as the Liberals didn't have the votes in the committee. It's imperative for them to pass it nowadays the committee has looked at it. I'm not suggesting there wouldn't be delays but if the amendments seem to jeopardize the bill then they will just put up a new bill to amend this one.
100 percent, liberals were waiting to assign new senates. now they can make amendment and vote and pass it in 1 week, as they done in c24 8)

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
Government bills in senates

Third reading bills c4 c210 c6
Second reading no bills
first reading c233 c238 c18 c30 c31 c37

Process must be fast

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noba el king said:
Can anyone explains what happened today mean?
The bill was presented to the senate today.
http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=8117654

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Laurlcrown said:
Learn your respective senators and write, call, etc. Moreover, urge your Canadian friends to do the same.
Done. Last week. My first time writing my Senators. That was fun.
Another start of a brand new life here. :)

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
"Committee Report Presented without Amendment
2017-03-07"

So when is the amendment being presented by Omidvar ? in the third reading presumably tomorrow ?

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Sen. Mobina Jaffer‏ Verified account @SenJaffer Mar 6
@mego149 #C6 It will start tomorrow but it will still be a long process. Please contact your Senators #senca

Marceau⚽Blétard ⚜ ‏ @MarceauBletard 5 hours ago
@SenJaffer @mego149 Long like days, weeks or months? Any idea or guess?

Sen. Mobina Jaffer‏ Verified account @SenJaffer 5 hours ago
@MarceauBletard @mego149 Hopefully by June 2017 #c6

Marceau⚽Blétard ⚜ ‏ @MarceauBletard 54 minutes ago
@SenJaffer @mego149 Oh wow. That's 4 months. If/when it gets Royal Assent, any guess how long it would take to get implemented Senator?

Sen. Mobina Jaffer‏ Verified account @SenJaffer 48 minutes ago
@MarceauBletard @mego149 I do not know when it will be implemented. Hopefully soon. People have waited long enough #C6 #SenCa

razerblade said:
"Committee Report Presented without Amendment
2017-03-07"
So when is the amendment being presented by Omidvar ? in the third reading presumably tomorrow ?
I was thinking the exact same thing. I was hoping maybe Omidvar changed her mind and decide to present her own Bill instead of an amendment but I suppose the amendment will be tomorrow.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
MarceauBletard said:
Sen. Mobina Jaffer‏ Verified account @SenJaffer Mar 6
@mego149 #C6 It will start tomorrow but it will still be a long process. Please contact your Senators #senca

Marceau⚽Blétard ⚜ ‏ @MarceauBletard 5 hours ago
@SenJaffer @mego149 Long like days, weeks or months? Any idea or guess?

Sen. Mobina Jaffer‏ Verified account @SenJaffer
@MarceauBletard @mego149 Hopefully by June 2017 #c6

Marceau⚽Blétard ⚜ ‏ @MarceauBletard 54 minutes ago
@SenJaffer @mego149 Oh wow. That's 4 months. If/when it gets Royal Assent, any guess how long it would take to get implemented Senator?

Sen. Mobina Jaffer‏ Verified account @SenJaffer 48 minutes ago
@MarceauBletard @mego149 I do not know when it will be implemented. Hopefully soon. People have waited long enough #C6 #SenCa
Thanks for these!